The UCEED entrance exam syllabus 2022 is specified by the Admission Committee (IIT Bombay). Aspirants must carefully go through the contents of the syllabus and then start preparing for the exam. The knowledge of the exam pattern and the IIT UCEED syllabus will help the candidates to score well in the UCEED examination.
Scroll down to find the link to download the UCEED syllabus PDF.
UCEED 2022 Syllabus Highlights
The exam consists of 2 parts. Part A and Part B. Part A of the UCEED syllabus 2022 consists of 6 topics and the exam is conducted for two and a half hours, whereas the Part B of the exam has only one question based on drawing. The syllabus comprises topics related to drawing products, scenes, objects in proportion with good line quality, perspective, composition, proportion as well as shading. Refer to the information given below to get complete details of the UCEED syllabus 2022.
UCEED Syllabus for Part A
Part A of the exam consists of 3 sections and is held for two and a half hours in the online mode. It consists of 6 main topics each of which have been listed below.
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: The UCEED 2022 visualization and spatial ability syllabus consist of topics such as pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and think critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring, and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and Creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and to think out-of-the-box.
- Design Thinking and Problem-solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.
UCEED Syllabus for Part B
The syllabus for Part B includes only one question for 60 marks and will be held in the offline mode with a time duration of 30 minutes. Part B of the exam comprises a drawing question that the candidates need to attempt on an answer sheet provided to them in the exam hall. This drawing question evaluates candidates based on their understanding of proportion, perspective, shading, and composition. Part-B will have ONE question from the following topic:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
Note: The topics given above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of the questions. However, the UCEED 2022 may not cover all the topics.
UCEED 2022 Preparation Tips
The preparation tips always come in handy for candidates preparing for the UCEED exam. Some important tips are outlined below.
- Time management is the most powerful skill. One can have the practice of solving old test papers and mock test papers and easily come to know that how long it takes to finish each section.
- Stress on solving image-based questions first as most of the questions are based on pictographs and images
- In English, practice paragraph reading and finding out answers fast. Work on vocabulary. Use new words in writing every day
- As far as General knowledge is concerned, the candidates need not give much time to this. Keep on reading the newspaper and watching the news. General notes can be prepared just to go through this section.
- Knowing the syllabus well in advance will be advantageous for the students who would appear in UCEED 2022 entrance exam. Apart from the topics from which the questions will be asked, candidates can also check the previous year's question paper of UCEED as it will indicate the type of questions that will be asked in different sections of the entrance test.