The UCEED Syllabus 2021 is specified by the UCEED Admission Committee (IIT Bombay). Syllabus For UCEED 2021 is based on the 12th standard. The UCEED Syllabus 2021 contains six topics that are divided further into various subtopics. UCEED 2021 syllabus will help candidates to plan their preparation strategy accordingly.
UCEED 2021 Syllabus Highlights
The UCEED 2021 Exam consists of 2 parts. Part A and Part B. Part A of the UCEED 2021 Syllabus consists of 6 topics and the exam is conducted for two and a half hours, whereas the Part B of the UCEED 2021 Exam has only one question based on drawing. UCEED 2021 Syllabus comprises topics related to drawing products, scenes, objects in proportion with good line quality, perspective, composition, proportion as well as shading. Below is the UCEED 2021 Syllabus for each part.
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Part A
The UCEED 2021 has two parts, Part A and Part B. The UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Part A has been listed below. Part A of the UCEED 2021 Exam consists of 3 sections and is held for two and a half hours in the online mode. It consists of 6 main topics each of which have been listed below.
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Environmental and Social Awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative, and discern patterns within the information
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of several statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Language and Creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Design Thinking and Problem-solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identifying problems, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions
UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Part B
The UCEED Syllabus 2021 for Part B includes only one question for 60 marks and will be held in the offline mode with a time duration of 30 minutes. Part B of the UCEED 2021 exam comprises a drawing question that the candidates need to attempt on an answer sheet provided to them in the exam hall. This drawing question evaluates candidates based on their understanding of proportion, perspective, shading, and composition.
UCEED 2021 Preparation Tips
- Time management is the most powerful skill. One can have the practice to solve old test papers and mock test papers and easily come to know that how long it takes to finish each section. Accordingly, that set your priorities
- Stress on solving image-based questions first as most of the questions are based on pictograph and images
- In English, practice paragraph reading and finding out answers fast. Work on vocabulary. Use new words in writing every day
- As far as General knowledge is concerned, need not give much time to this. Need not memorize stressfully. Keep on reading the newspaper and watching the news General notes can be prepared just to go through this sometimes
- Knowing the UCEED 2021 Syllabus well in advance will be advantageous for the students who would appear in UCEED 2021 entrance exam. Apart from the topics from which the questions will be asked, candidates can also check the previous year question paper of UCEED as it will indicate the type of questions that will be asked in different sections of the entrance test