UCEED syllabus 2023 will remain the same, and the conducting body has released a new syllabus and exam structure for UCEED 2024. Candidates appearing in UCEED 2023 in the upcoming session (2023) can continue to follow the old syllabus.
UCEED entrance exam syllabus 2023 has been specified by the Admission Committee (IIT Bombay). Aspirants must carefully go through the contents of the syllabus and then start preparing for UCEED 2023. The knowledge of the exam pattern and the IIT UCEED syllabus will help the candidates to score well in UCEED examination. Scroll down to find the link to download UCEED syllabus 2023 PDF.
|UCEED Exam Pattern 2023||UCEED Books 2023|
|UCEED Preparation 2023||UCEED Time Management Tips|
Latest Updates on UCEED
- Mar 14, 2023: UCEED Counselling 2023 registration process will commence today, Mar 14, 2023, from 5 PM.
- Mar 14, 2023: UCEED 2023 seat matrix for the B.Des program has been released on the official website.
Table of Contents
- UCEED Syllabus 2023
- UCEED 2024 New Syllabus
- UCEED 2023 Syllabus PDF Download
- UCEED 2023 Syllabus Highlights
- UCEED 2023 Marking Scheme
- Revised UCEED Syllabus (Effective from 2024)
UCEED Syllabus 2023
Product drawings, scenarios, or items in proportion with good line quality, composition, perspective, proportion, and shading are included in the Part B of the UCEED syllabus 2023. On Jan 22, 2023, UCEED 2023 will be held in several testing locations.
There are six topics in section A of the UCEED syllabus 2023. Candidates for the B.Des degree must fully comprehend the ideas of all subjects included by UCEED syllabus 2023. UCEED 2023 course syllabus is provided below.
UCEED 2024 New Syllabus
UCEED 2024 syllabus structure is given below.
The paper will have two parts:
Part A - Question Type, Mode, and Sections
Part A will be administered in computer-based mode and comprise THREE sections.
Part B - Question Type, Mode, and Sections
UCEED 2023 Syllabus PDF Download
Candidates can download the PDF of UCEED syllabus 2023 and 2024 from the link given below.
|Course||Download PDF Link|
|UCEED syllabus 2023 PDF||Download|
|UCEED syllabus 2024 PDF||Download|
UCEED 2023 Syllabus Highlights
From 2024 onwards, UCEED will have a new syllabus and UCEED exam system. Candidates taking UCEED test in the following session (2023) can use the old syllabus. IIT Bombay has declared that starting in 2024, a UCEED new syllabus and test format will be implemented.
According to the updated exam format, UCEED entrance exam will be separated into two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A will be computer-based, whereas Part B will include questions on the screen with responses written or drawn on the answer booklet provided at the exam centre. The Part B exam in the new format will be of 60 minutes in duration.
UCEED 2023 exam consists of 2 parts. Part A and Part B. Part A of UCEED syllabus 2023 consists of 6 topics and the exam is conducted for two and a half hours, whereas the Part B of UCEED exam has only one question based on drawing. UCEED syllabus comprises topics related to drawing products, scenes, and objects in proportion with good line quality, perspective, composition, proportion as well as shading. Refer to the information given below to get complete details of UCEED syllabus 2023.
UCEED Syllabus for Part A
Part A of UCEED exam consists of 3 sections and is held for two and a half hours in the online mode. It consists of 6 main topics each of which has been listed below.
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: UCEED 2023 visualization and spatial ability syllabus consist of topics such as pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and think critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring, and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and Creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and to think out-of-the-box.
- Design Thinking and Problem-solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.
UCEED Syllabus for Part B
UCEED syllabus for Part B includes only one question for 60 marks and will be held in the offline mode with a time duration of 30 minutes. Part B of UCEED exam comprises a drawing question that the candidates need to attempt on an answer sheet provided to them in UCEED exam hall. This drawing question evaluates candidates based on their understanding of proportion, perspective, shading, and composition. Part-B will have ONE question from the following topic:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
Note: The topics above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of the questions. However, UCEED 2023 may only cover some of the topics.
UCEED 2023 Marking scheme
The three portions of the 300-point UCEED 2023 exam are evenly spaced out over three hours. Questions about numerical aptitude are included in Section A. Only one question is included in Section B, which tests drawing abilities that call for subjective assessment.
- 240 marks
- Maximum time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Part A of the question paper will be administered through a computer-based test.
- Part A of the question paper will consist of 3 sections.
- 18 NAT (Numerical Answer Type) Questions
- Questions will be worth four marks each
- There is no negative marking
- For these questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen.
- No choices will be shown for these questions.
- Questions that are not attempted will be given zero marks.
- 18 MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
- Questions will be worth four marks each
- 0.19 negative marking for each question
- Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
- 32 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Questions will be worth three marks each
- 0.71 negative marking for each question
- Each MCQ has four choices, out of which only one is the correct answer
Revised UCEED syllabus (Effective from 2024)
UCEED entrance test syllabus and exam format have changed thanks to revisions made by IIT Bombay. UCEED's updated curriculum and organisational structure will take effect in 2024.
According to UCEED's new paper format, the question paper will be divided into two parts, Part A and Part B.
- Part A will be administered through a computer-based test and will consist of three sections such as NAT, MSQ, and MCQ.
- Part B will have two questions: one is about drawing and the other is about design aptitude.
- The question in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer should be written/drawn only in the answer book provided by the supervisor.
- The duration of Part B is 60 minutes.