Get the exam analysis for GATE ECE 2021 question paper. Also check the difficulty level and detailed analysis for GATE ECE 2020 and GATE ECE 2019 question papers.
The GATE ECE Paper analysis is done to give students an idea about the level of difficulty to expect in the paper and to give them a clear understanding of the marking scheme, weightage and exam pattern. This analysis will also help the students to determine the possible cut off scores. The GATE ECE exam was held on February 7, 2021. The examination was going to be a computer-based examination (online).
GATE ECE 2021 Paper Analysis
The ECE Paper for GATE 2021 was successfully conducted on February 7, 2021. There were a lot of candidates that had applied for this subject in this year’s examination.
The GATE ECE exam was a 100 marks examination with 65 questions in total. The questions asked were from topics such as Digital Circuits, Network, Signals and Systems, Analogue and more. A total of 180 mins were given to the students to attempt it.
- The difficulty level of the paper was from moderate to difficult.
- There were many NATs this time, about 30-35.
- No MSQs were asked but about 25-30 MCQs were present in the question paper.
The total expected weightage in this year's GATE ECE question paper is as follows:
|Topics||Number of Questions (either 1 or 2 marks)||Total marks|
|Signal and Systems||7||10|
GATE ECE 2020 Paper Analysis
The GATE ECE 2020 paper was conducted for three hours from 2.30 to 5.30. There are in total 65 Numerical Answer Type questions and Multiple-choice Questions. The examination conducted was of 100 marks in total.
- The difficulty level was moderate and it was easier as compared to the previous year’s question paper.
- There were 40 Multiple Choice Questions and 25 Numerical Answer types. The NAT question carried 1 and 2 marks.
- The General Aptitude and English section of the exam was comparatively easier than previous year papers.
- In the 2020 GATE ECE, the topic of EDC (Electronic Device and Circuits) and Communication have the maximum weightage.
|Network and Signal System||6 marks|
|Engineering Mathematics and Analog Circuits||10 marks|
GATE ECE 2019 Paper Analysis
The GATE ECE 2019 paper was conducted in the forenoon session from 9:30 to 12:30. More than 1 lakh students appeared for the GATE ECE examination. The total score that can be obtained in the paper was 100.
- The difficulty level was moderate to difficult
- There were 65 Numerical Answer type questions that carried 1 to 2 marks
- The General aptitude section was also moderate to difficulty
- Questions from Control device and electronic devices were marked as difficult
We will keep updating with more information. A post-analysis of GATE ECE 2021 will be done as soon as the examination is over.
Stay with Getmyuni for more information and crack the exam on your first attempt. Good luck!
GATE 2021 MARKING SCHEME
Students appearing for GATE ECE must also review the marking scheme once to have a clarity about the weightage of a particular section and also will get an idea about the areas which they have to focus more. The marking scheme is also important as it gives a rough idea to the students about their possible scores after the final examination.
The Engineering Mathematics papers are coded with AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE.
- General Aptitude – 15%
- Engineering Mathematics – 15%
- The subject of the paper – 70%
A detailed table of GATE overall marking scheme is given below to:
|Paper Code||Total Marks from General Aptitude||Total Marks from Discipline Subject Topics||Total Marks|
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, ECE, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST and BM||15||85||100|
|GG (Part A+ Part B)||15||25+60||100|
|XE (Section A+ Any Two sections)||12||15+(2*35)||100|
|XH (Section B1+ Anyone Sections)||15||25+ (1*60)||100|
|XL (Section P+ Any TWO Sections)||15||12+ (2*30)||100|
- Negative marking will be there for NAT and MSQ type of question.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for 1 marker question and 2/3rd mark will be deducted for 2 markers