Get detailed Syllabus of GATE Agriculture Engineering 2022 exam. Check the chapter-wise weightage, exam pattern, books and preparation tips for GATE Agriculture Engineering exam.
GATE 2022 Agricultural Engineering Syllabus will be released on the official website by the concerned authorities. The syllabus must be looked upon in detail by the candidates as it will give an overall view of the topics that will be covered in the test. This helps the candidates in scheduling a study plan accordingly so that they could cover all the topics relevant for the test.
Now we can look into the important topics, exam pattern and various other sections in this article.
- Mandatory Sections: General Aptitude Section
- Core Section: Agricultural Engineering section
GATE General Aptitude Section Syllabus
- This section is mandatory for students who are taking the GATE Agricultural Engineering test.
- This section will consist of 10 questions out of which 5 questions will be of 1 mark and the remaining will be of 2 marks.
- The total number of marks in this section is 15 marks.
GATE Agricultural Engineering Section-wise Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of Agricultural Engineering consists of 7 sections. They are:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Farm Machinery
- Farm Power
- Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
- Agricultural Processing Engineering
- Dairy and Food Engineering
The above-given topics are the most important topics to be covered in your mode of study. Important sections in the syllabus, the relevant topics related to the sections and the subtopics to be included in your study are provided in the table below. Have a look:
|Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra||
|Probability and Statistics||
|Farm Machinery||Machine Design||
|Farm Power||Sources of Power||
|Tractors and Power tillers||
|Soil and water conservation Engineering||Fluid Mechanics||
|Surveying and Leveling||
|Soil and Water erosion||
|Irrigation and Drainage Engineering||Soil-Water-Plant Relationship||
|Irrigation water conveyance and application methods||
|Wells and Pumps||
|Agricultural Processing Engineering||Drying||
|Size reduction and conveying||
|Processing and by-product utilization||
|Dairy and food engineering||Heat and mass transfer||
|Preservation and food||
GATE Agricultural Engineering 2022 Exam Pattern
This section deals with the exam pattern of the test. The test will be a Computer Based Test and conducted through an online mode. There will be a total of 65 questions in the paper which will be split into 3 sections are General Aptitude, Mathematics and subject-based. The total number of marks on this test is 100. We will guide you with the sections and total marks per section of the test. Have a look:
|General Aptitude||15 marks|
|Subject-based section||85 marks|
In General Aptitude, there will be 5 questions of 1 mark each and 5 questions of 2 marks each. In the subject based section, there will be 25 questions of 1 mark each and 30 questions of 2 marks each.
Best Books for GATE Agricultural Engineering 2022
In this section, we will guide you with some of the best books that you can refer to while preparing for the test. Have a look at the table below:
|Soil and Water Conservation Engineering||R Suresh|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Principles of Agricultural Engineering volume 1||Am Michael and T.P.Ojha|
|A Numerical Approach in Agricultural Engineering||Sanjay Kumar|
|Tractors and their power units||John B Liljedahl|
|Soil and water conservation Engineering||Richard K Frevert|
|Fundamentals of Food Engineering||D.G.Rao|
|Transport processes and Unit Operations||Christie Geankoplis|
|Theory of Machines||J.K.Gupta and R.S.Khurmi|
|Engineering Hydrology||K Subramanya|
Preparation Tips for GATE Agriculture Engineering Exam
Students may be thinking about how much preparation should be done by them in order to crack the test. But there is no need to worry much about that. We will guide you with some preparation tips that will make your preparation task a lot easier. Have a look:
Solve Previous years question papers
- Solving previous years questions papers will be of great use to you as most of the questions are repeatedly asked in every GATE Instrumentation exam.
- You will get a brief idea of the exam pattern and the type of questions asked while going through the previous years papers.
- So, practice as many question papers as possible as they will prove extremely useful to you.
- Mock tests will help you in assessing your performance level.
- Solving mock tests after each topic that you prepare will make you realise how much preparation you need to take on that particular topic.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible as it will keep track of your performance level and guide you on the weak areas that you will need to improve.