Get complete information on CAT 2023 registration including the last date for registration, fees and form filling procedure. Find the latest updates regarding the registration process for CAT exam 2023.
CAT registration 2023 is the primary step that candidates interested in pursuing higher studies in business and management need to take. By appearing for the CAT exam, candidates can be a part of one of the IIMs across India. Follow this article to understand the CAT 2023 registration process for one of the most sought-after exams.
CAT or Common Admission Test is an entrance exam for students who want to get admission to the top B-schools of India. With a good score, you would cross the first barrier to entering your dream B-school. The exam is administered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) and is usually held on a large scale. The test is conducted for three hours with an hour allocated for each section.
Table of Contents
- CAT 2023 Important Dates
- Documents Required for CAT 2023 Registration
- CAT 2023 Admit Card
- Guidelines for CAT Registration 2023
CAT 2023 Important Dates
The CAT 2023 registration dates were announced by IIM Bangalore. All the information regarding the dates will be updated on the official website. However, we have mentioned all the vital CAT exam dates 2023 in the table below. Keep visiting this page for daily updates.
|CAT 2023 Exam Date||26 November 2023|
|CAT 2023 Notification Date||31 July 2023|
|CAT 2023 Registration Begins||3 August 2023|
|CAT 2023 Registration Last Date||14 September 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Fees for the Application Form||14 September 2023|
|CAT 2023 Form Correction Window Open||3rd week of September 2023|
|CAT 2023 Admit Card Release Date||27 October 2023|
|CAT 2023 Result Announcement Date||January 2024|
Documents Required for CAT 2023 Registration
With proper documents, the CAT registration 2023 process will be complete. Documents to keep in hand before starting the CAT Application Form 2023 process.
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheets/certificate
- Scanned image of the candidate (30mm x 45mm) (JPEG/JPG format)
- Scanned image of the signature of the candidate (80mm x 35mm) (JPEG/JPG format)
- Address proof
- Caste category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD category certificate (if applicable)
Format of Documents to be Uploaded
The specification of the documents that are required while filling up the CAT registration 2023 form, such as uploading the image, signature, and others, are tabulated below:
|Image/ Document||Dimensions/ Format|
|Colour Passport Photograph||
|Signature (Black/ Blue)||
|PwD/ SC/ ST/ EWS/ NC-OBC Certificate||Download the Certificate of disability/ SC/ ST/ EWS/ NC-OBC forms to fill up the CAT exam registration 2023|
CAT Exam Registration Process
The registration process for CAT is done online and is a simple process. The registration can be completed by following the steps:
- The candidates will have to register using this link - www.iimcat.ac.in
- Click the option “Register now” to start the process of registration.
- The applicants have to fill out the required information which is the name, date of birth, e-mail address, country, and mobile number.
- Check the information again to avoid any mistakes and then click on “Submit”.
- The User ID and password would be generated and sent after confirmation of the account via email and SMS.
Filling Application form for CAT 2023
Go back to the website and log in using the relevant username and password generated during the registration process to initiate the application process.
- Choose the tab “Go to Application form” to start filling out the application.
- There are 5 detailed divisions for the application process which are personal details, academics, work experience, choice of MBA programme, and the test centre. The applicant should be very careful when filling out the form because once the form is submitted, then no changes can be made.
- While selecting the choice of program, the candidate can select any number of programmes and along with that, they should choose the city for the interview for each programme selected.
- The candidate can also select their four most preferred cities to write CAT.
- Upload the documents that are required and ensure it matches the standard requirement.
- The candidates would be allotted their preferred test centre and programme after the last date of registration.
CAT Registration Fees Payment
After re-checking the form again, the candidate can move on to the payment process. The payment is done online via debit/credit card, net banking, or e-banking applications like Paytm, etc. After completing the process, the candidate will receive a transaction number which they should keep with themselves as proof.
The candidate would receive a confirmation mail regarding the application right after the payment process which they can use to re-check the information they have typed. The table below shows the CAT form fees for different categories of candidates applying for CAT registration 2023.
Submission of Application
Once the CAT registration is complete and candidates have paid the CAT registration fees, they can apply for the CAT exam. Additionally, the CAT scores are accepted by all the twenty IIMs. However, the cutoff of each IIMs varies.
Furthermore, the CAT scores are also accepted by the top B-schools in the country. Nevertheless, filling the form before the CAT registration last date is mandatory.
Candidates should note that the registration fee should only be paid once regardless of the number of institutes that the candidate is applying for. There is no refund on the fees once the payment is done.
Eligibility for CAT Exam Registration
For an MBA aspirant who wants to write CAT, they must satisfy the criteria given below
- They should hold a Bachelor’s degree with an average percentage of 50% or an equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST candidates and PwD candidates).
- The degree should be granted by Universities that are pronounced as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Candidates who want to start their preparations early and who are in the final year of their graduate degree can also apply for CAT.
CAT 2023 Admit Card
The candidates who will register for the CAT exam before the due dates would receive their admit card on time. This card is very important as students are allowed to write their exams only if they have this admit card. The admit card contains details about the candidate, details regarding the exam centre, and the timings. The admit card would be provided online and the candidates should download it and keep copies of it beforehand so they don’t have to be worried about it on the day of the exam.
CAT 2023 Application Form Correction
After the application process is complete, the organizing committee will open the CAT form correction window. Mistakes made while uploading pictures, signatures, or CAT exam centre preferences can be modified during the period of the CAT application form correction window.
However, there is some of the information that cannot be altered once the CAT application form is submitted, such as:
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
Guidelines for CAT Registration 2023
Candidates are advised to exercise caution while filling out the details in the registration and application processes as instances of incorrect information or process violation will lead to the immediate disqualification of the candidate from the selection process. Some of the additional guidelines for CAT registration 2023 are as follows:
- The candidate can attempt the exam ‘n’ number of times.
- It is preferable to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while filling out the application form.
- You can gain access to the application form several times and you can save the information in case you want to fill the application form later.
- While writing your name on the application form, ensure that it is the same as mentioned in your 10th standard exam certificate.
- The information you fill for the application should be credible. The admission would be cancelled if they find any information misleading or incorrect.
- The e-mail address and mobile number that is used for the application process should be functional as you would get important updates regarding your exam via these two mediums.
- Ensure that the payment for the CAT exam is successful. The application form would not be accepted if the transaction is incomplete.
- The CAT exam is conducted twice, once in the morning and at noon. The candidates should reach their venue on time as they can write their exam based on the time slot they have been provided.
- The candidates have to carry a photo identification proof along with their admit card to enter the test centre.
People Also Search For