National Institute of Fashion Technology has released the NIFT application form 2021 on Dec 14, 2020. Candidates must fill the NIFT 2021 application form till Jan 21, 2021 else they have to pay an additional fee for submitting the form. The last date to submit the NIFT application form 2021 is January 24, 2021. Candidates can register for the test by paying a regular application fee of INR 2000 for Gen/OBC and INR 1000 for SC/ST/PWD. They have to provide basic details like name, educational qualification, gender, address parent's name, etc. Information about all relevant details needed in NIFT form is discussed below.
The only mode available to fill the application form of NIFT 2021 is online. The candidate must refer to below details while filling application form of NIFT.
NIFT Application Form 2021 Important Dates
The table below represents the important dates relevant to the NIFT 2021 application form. Before filling the application form of NIFT, candidates must check all the dates and submit the form within the specified dates to avoid payment of a late fee. Also, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria to participate in the exam. Failing to meet the eligibility, candidates will be disqualified from the selection process of NIFT.
|Start Date to fill the application form of NIFT||December 14, 2020 (Released)|
|NIFT Application Form 2021 last date||January 21, 2021|
|Last date to fill NIFT Application Form 2021 (with late fee)||January 24, 2021|
|NIFT Application Form Correction Window||January 25- January 28, 2021|
|Issue of NIFT Admit Card||February 1, 2021 (Post 2:00 PM)|
|NIFT 2021 Exam Date||February 14, 2021|
How to fill the NIFT Application form 2021?
National Institute of Fashion Technology has released the application form of NIFT on Dec 14, 2020. Candidates will be able to fill the form through online mode. Before filling the NIFT application form 2021, candidates must ensure that they are meeting all the eligibility criteria as specified. Below are steps to fill up the NIFT 2021 Application Form:
Step 1: Registration/Create a Login ID
Candidates have to visit the official website and create a login ID to successfully register for NIFT entrance exam. Click on the 'Fresh Candidates to create Login' for registration. Candidates need to provide the details which are mentioned below:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Re-enter Date of Birth
- Are you a person with a disability?
- Email ID
- Re-enter the Email Id
- Select the Programme type
- Programme applied for admission
- Enter the verification code
Now, NIFT login ID is created. Candidates need to note that details and check their emails.
- Once all these details are submitted a new window tab opens on the screen which shows that an acknowledgement has been sent to the email address mentioned in the NIFT application form 2021 admission by Candidate.
- Candidates need to login to the official website using email ID and date of birth mentioned by them while creating login ID.
Step 2: NIFT Application Form 2021 fill up
After creating a login ID, candidates have to log in with their registered email id and date of birth to fill the NIFT application form 2021. Candidates have to enter the security code and click on the submit button. Aspirants will be able to see the personal details filled at the time of registration. For filling the application form, candidates have to enter the following details:
- Choice of exam centre
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- State Domicile
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Landline Number
- Mobile Number
- Academic Details
- Class 12 details
- Status of Examination
Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
- Candidates need to upload their photograph and signature of their NIFT application form 2021.
- Both these files need to be uploaded in jpg/jpeg format and should be less than 50 KB in size.
Step 4: Payment of NIFT Admissions 2021 Application Fee
- Candidates have to pay application fees for NIFT entrance exam after filling all the details in NIFT application form 2021 which they can pay online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking or by Demand Draft (DD).
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category||INR 2000|
|SC/ ST/ PHP Category||INR 1000|
- Candidates who want to pay NIFT application form fees through DD need to make sure that the NIFT Demand Draft is drawn in favour of “NIFT HO” and is payable at New Delhi.
- DD for NIFT application form 2021 needs to include details such as candidate’s name, date, fee amount and signature of issuing authority.
Candidates applying through DD need to send the printout of their duly filled NIFT application form 2021 along with Demand Draft at the mentioned address:
Step 5: Printout NIFT 2021 application form
- Aspirants have to submit their NIFT application form 2021.
- Candidates must have to take a clear print of NIFT online application form along with proof of payment.
Withdrawal of Admission
- A candidate has taken admission in NIFT and he/she withdraws their NIFT admission form 2021, then-candidate will not be considered for admission after.
- If a candidate is seeking a refund from the commencement of the academic session, request for withdrawal of admission in prescribed Performa may be submitted to Director of Campus where candidate attended counselling.
- Requests for withdrawal of admission will not be entertained without original admission receipt.
Documents Required for NIFT Application Form 2021
Filling out the application form requires lots of details and documents which candidates must have with them. Keeping these documents ready will be very helpful for the candidates as they can fill all the details correctly in the NIFT application form 2021. The list of documents that are required for filling the form are listed below:
- A Valid Email Id
- Academic Details
- Personal Details
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable)
- ST/SC/OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned image of Signature and Photograph
- Details of Debit/Credit Card for making online payment
- Demand Draft of the required amount as specified for the categories in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi.
|Documents||Format||Size of file|
|Signature||jpg/jpeg||Maximum 50 Kb|
|Photograph||jpg/jpeg||Maximum 50 Kb|
NIFT Application Form Correction Window
In case the candidates have filled any of the details in the NIFT application form 2021 incorrectly, they can edit the form only when the application correction window opens. All candidates who have paid the application fee during the registration will be able to rectify the details from January 25, 2021, to January 28, 2021, and for candidates who have not paid the application will be able to make changes until Jan 21, 2021 along with paying the application fee. Also, candidates won't be able to edit the exam centres once filled. After making changes in the application form, if any of the students is found ineligible for the admission process, then the registration fees paid by them will not be refunded.
Steps to rectify the NIFT Application Form 2021
Candidates will be able to edit the NIFT 2021 application form by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of NIFT.
- Click on the 'Admission' tab.
- Tap on 'Log In Edit Application' tab.
- Enter the login details- application form number, email id and date of birth.
- Candidates can now edit the NIFT application form 2021.
- Click on the 'Save; button.
Details that can be corrected in NIFT Application Form 2021
Only certain details can be changed in the application form of NIFT and these include:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Date of birth
- State Domicile
- Candidate's category
- Candidate's present address
- Mobile Number
- Update Photograph/ Signature
- Application Fee Payment
NIFT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for NIFT 2021 must read all the eligibility criteria as specified. According to the NIFT eligibility criteria, candidates must be 23 years of age as on October 1, 2020. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories will get a relaxation of 5 years. Also, candidates must have completed class 12 board exam and from a recognized Central/State Board of Secondary examination. In case the candidate is not meeting any of the eligibility, then the authority has the right to cancel their candidature for the academic session.
NIFT Exam Centres
NIFT 2021 exam will be conducted at 32 centres across the country. The address of the allotted NIFT exam centre will be present at the admit card of the entrance exam. Candidates must remember that once they filled the choices of the exam centres in the NIFT application form 2021, they won't be able to rectify it under any circumstances. Also, candidates must carry the NIFT admit card at the exam centres else they won't be allowed to enter the exam hall. Aspirants must reach the exam centre one hour prior to the commencement of the exam.
NIFT Admit Card
NIFT admit card will be available online from Feb 1, 2021 at the official website of the entrance exam. Candidates have to visit the official website for downloading the NIFT admit card. The admit card of NIFT contains important details such as the name of the candidate, roll number, the application number, exam centre, exam venue, date and timings and many more. In case the candidates find any discrepancies in the admit card, they can immediately contact the authority. Also, the NIFT admit card will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully filled the NIFT application form 2021.