This section discusses in details the conditions or criteria regarding the eligibility for applying for the Amity JEE 2021, such as the minimum educational qualification required, the maximum age limit permitted, the stream, etc. Candidates are advised to go through it thoroughly and fulfil all the prescribed criteria before applying for the exam. Amity University facilitates a number of B.Tech. courses to aspiring students, and each of these courses has different eligibility criteria for itself. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria mentioned here before applying for the examination. Candidates can the check the Amity JEE 2021 Application Process and apply for the exam accordingly.
Some of the common eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have completed their Class X, and are pursuing or have completed Class XII or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board/University are eligible to apply for the Amity JEE 2021.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics [PCM] in Class X & Class XII are eligible. Also, English should have been a compulsory subject in their 10+2 curriculum.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be below the age of 16 years, and should not exceed the age of 23 years in order to be eligible to apply for the Amity JEE 2021.
- Reservation: Candidates who belong to the reserved categories, such as the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), etc. will be allowed a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks obtained in their qualifying examination.
- Percentage Criteria: Minimum percentage criteria differ for non-sponsored and sponsored categories.
The table below gives a detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria.
|S.No||Programme Discipline||Eligibility||Course Duration (in years)|
|1||B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engg.)||Min. 60% in Class X & XII, with min. 70% in PCM for Non-Sponsored & 65% for Sponsored Categories||4|
(Electronics & Communication Engg. / Information Technology / Mechanical Engg. / Civil Engg. / Aeronautical Engg. / Automobile Engg. / Industrial Heavy Machinery / Aerospace Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation / Electronics & Telecommunication)
|Min. 60% in Class X & XII, with min. 60% in PCM for Non-Sponsored & 55% for Sponsored Categories||4|
|3||Dual Degree B.Tech. (Aerospace Engg.) + M.Tech. (Avionics)
Dual Degree B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) + M.Tech (Automobile Engineering)
|Min. 60% in Class X & XII, with min. 60% in PCM for Non-Sponsored & 55% for Sponsored Categories||5|
|4||B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engg.) - 3 Continent
B.Tech (Electronics & Communications Engg.) - 3 Continent
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - 3 Continent
B.Tech (Civil Engg.) - 3 Continent
|Min. 55% for Non-Sponsored and 50% for Sponsored Categories in PCM||4|
|5||B.Tech (Computer Science & Engg.) Evening
B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engg.) Evening
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) Evening
B.Tech (Mechanical Engg. - International)*
|Min. 60% for Non-Sponsored and 55% for Sponsored Categories in PCM||4|
Note: Candidates should not consider the subjects such as Physical Education, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Vocational, and Non-Written subjects, while calculating their aggregate percentage.