The AMIE Stands for Associate Members of the Institution of Engineers. It is a national level examination mainly opted by Diploma engineers and engineering graduates for their career advancement. It is conducted by The Institute of Engineers, India(IEI), and the AMIE exam is accepted and recognized by the Government of India, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), University Grants Commission (UGC), and various institutions like IIT and IIM for pursuing postgraduate programs.
The IEI examines ten engineering disciplines/courses. Each year, nearly 90,000 aspirants attempt the AMIE, and it is considered one of the oldest engineering examinations in India.
- What is AMIE?
- AMIE 2021 Exam Date
- AMIE 2021 Eligibility
- AMIE 2021 Application Process
- AMIE 2021 Application Form
- AMIE 2021 Exam Centres
- AMIE 2021 Admit Card
- AMIE 2021 Exam Pattern
- AMIE 2021 Syllabus
- AMIE 2021 Results
- AMIE 2021 Cutoff
- AMIE 2021 Counselling
- Contact Information
What is AMIE?
Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers (AMIE) is a national level entrance test conducted by the Institute of Engineers India (IEI). The Institution of Engineers (IEI) is the largest multidisciplinary body of engineers in the country that takes care of all the aspects of the admission process from the AMIE Exam. AMIE is an examination for an engineering degree course recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., UPSC, as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. It is conducted twice a year. Candidates who complete AMIE will get opportunities for jobs and higher education, just like a B.E or B.Tech holder. In order to get certified, a candidate has to complete both the Section A-Project Work and Section B-Written Test. Once the candidate qualifies for the AMIE, they become the Associate Member (AM) at IEI.
|Exam Name||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers|
|Conducting Body||Institution of Engineers India [IEI]|
|Frequency||Twice a Year (Summer & Winter)|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT]|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Sections||Section A and Section B|
|Topics||Section A - Project Work Section B - Written Test|
|Passing Score||100 Each Section|
|AMIE Exam Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
Various Courses in AMIE
Various undergraduate courses fall under AMIE; candidates willing to pursue any of the courses mentioned below and are eligible can register themselves for this examination.
|S.No.||Courses and Exam Branches|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|7||Materials & Metallurgical Engineering|
AMIE 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates are suggested to mark the following dates into their calendar not to miss any of the updates. The AMIE 2021 exam dates are tabulated below. The AMIE Summer Admit Card will be released online for all the aspirants by the Institution of Engineers (India).
Note: All given dates are tentative and will be updated soon after the release of the official notification.
|Application Form Start Date||March 20, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||April 16, 2021|
|AMIE 2021 Exam Date||
To be announced
|AMIE 2021 Result Date||
To be announced
AMIE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Some requirements are set by the exam conducting body for the candidates who are willing to appear for the AMIE 2021 exam. Eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, reservation, academic qualification, and many more. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. If the candidate does not meet any of the eligibility criteria, the exam authority has the right to reject the application. Following are the eligibility criteria for the AMIE 2021 exam.
Indian and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the AMIE 2021 exam.
- The candidates who have studied Diploma and 10+2 are allowed to appear for the AMIE 2021.
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as their mandatory subjects with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks and a score of 45% marks in PCM. They must have passed the English subject without any grace marks.
A candidate must have completed the 10th standard and a Polytechnic Diploma, IETE, IME, ICE, IGNOU, CIPET, NTTF, etc., to get direct admission to second-year as a lateral entry.
Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of examination.
Note: If a candidate appears for AMIE 2021 after passing the Diploma in Engineering, then the candidate has to pass in a total of 13 subjects (4 subjects in Section A and nine subjects in Section B). In the case of 10+2, the candidate must pass 19 subjects (10 subjects in Section A and nine subjects in Section B).
Read More: AMIE Eligibility 2021
AMIE 2021 Application Process
The step-by-step application process to register for AMIE 2021 through online and offline modes is given below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of AMIE 2021 (www.ieindia.org), and click on the tab- 'Apply Online
- Step 2: Register yourself and create an account.
- Step 3: Fill the Registration Form with Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Selecting Password, Interest Area. Then click on "Submit Request."
- Step 4: A profile will be created, and the candidate will receive a Membership Number.
- Step 5: In the next step, the candidate would be asked to log in and fill in the Application Form with Personal, Academic, Communication details.
- Step 6: Pay the fees online (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking) and take a printout of the confirmation page.
How to Apply for AMIE 2021 Exam Offline?
- Step 1: Candidates can get the Application Form from the respective centers or download them from the website.
- Step 2: Fill in all the necessary details required in the Application Form.
- Step 3: The registration fee must be paid by Demand Draft. The DD must be drawn in favor of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata.
- Step 4: Write your ST/T number at the back of DD.
- The DD must be sent along with the Application Form to the following address:
Address: The Secretary & Director-General, The Institution of Engineers (India) 8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020.
AMIE 2021 Application Form
Before filling the application form for AMIE 2021, candidates must ensure that they meet the requirements specified by the exam authority in terms of eligibility criteria.
- Registration Date: The AMIE 2021 Application Form is available on the official website.
- Registration Fee: The candidates must pay the registration fee through online modes of payment or by Demand Drafts to appear for the AMIE 2021. The exam fee is the same for all the candidates, whether they are applying for Section A -(Diploma, Non-Diploma) or Section B. The exam registration fee for AMIE 2021 is given below.
India & Nepal
Through DD only
Section A (Non-Diploma Stream)
Section A (Diploma Stream)
Provisional Appearance (Section ‘A’ / ‘B’)
Appearance in Additional Subject (per subject)
AMIE 2021 Exam Centres
Exam Cities: AMIE 2021 will be conducted in 70 cities (including Foreign Countries) across India and Arab Countries in the second week of October.
Choice of Exam Centre: Candidates must choose their preferred exam centers while filling the AMIE 2021 Application Form.
ID Proof: Candidate must carry the AMIE 2021 Admission Ticket along with a valid government ID proof such as Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter's ID, Driving License, Pan Card to the Exam Centre.
The AMIE 2021 Exam Centres located in India and abroad are tabulated below-
|Centre Code||Exam City||Centre Code||Exam City|
Map Representation of AMIE 2021 Exam Centres
Note: AMIE 2021 Summer exam will not be conducted at the following centers:
Candidates must be aware that no roll number will be generated for the exam mentioned above centers. However, suppose the candidate is still interested in appearing for the exam from an alternate center. In that case, he/she can download the proforma for undertaking and appear for the exam from an alternate center with a provisional roll number.
AMIE 2021 Admit Card
Issue Date: The AMIE Roll numbers are released on the official website.
Roll Number: An exclusive roll number will be given to each candidate at the time of registration. Using that roll number, candidates can download the admit card from the AMIE's official website.
- Example 1: Suppose your membership number is ST-524674-7, then select "ST" in the first box, Type number 524674 in the second box, and 7 in the third box.
- Example 2: Suppose your membership number is T-167583-8, then select "T" in the first box, Type number 167583 in the second box, and 8 in the third box.
ID proof: All the candidates are requested to bring their AMIE 2021 Admit Card along with a government-issued photo ID proof, such as the Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter's ID, Passport, Driving License to the Exam Centre.
How to download the AMIE 2021 admit card?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the AMIE 2021 admit card.
- Visit the official website of the Institute of Engineers, India(IEI).
- On the website's homepage, click on the "AMIE 2021 admit card" and enter the candidate's username and password for login.
- The AMIE 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must carefully check the given details and instructions on the admit card.
- Download the admit card and take the printout to show the admit card at the exam center and during the counseling process.
Details Present On AMIE 2021 admit card
The following details will be available on the AMIE 2021 admit card when they download it from the official website.
- Name of the Candidate
- Exam Centre Name and Address
- Exam Centre Code
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Gender (Male/ Female)
- Category (ST/ SC/ BC & Other)
- Applicant Roll Number
- Essential instructions for the examination
- Signature of candidate and exam counselor
- Applicant Photograph
- Exam Date and Time
- Candidate's Date of Birth
Read More: AMIE Admit Card 2021
AMIE 2021 Exam Pattern
AMIE 2021 exam pattern includes mode of exam, exam duration, number of questions, type of questions, and many more details regarding the exam. Candidates must be aware of these details, and understanding the exam pattern will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam. There will be two sections, i.e., section A and section B, where section A is common for all the candidates and section B will be based on the engineering discipline chosen by the candidates. The other details regarding the AMIE 2021 exam pattern are tabulated below.
|AMIE 2021 Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based(Offline)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Total Sections||2; Section A and Section B|
AMIE Section A Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Section A of AMIE is discussed below.
- A standard exam will be conducted for applicants willing to do the engineering course through AMIE.
- The section will include topics from Engineering Science, Basic Sciences Communication.
- Once the candidates gain knowledge on those subjects, they can proceed with the creation of the Project.
- After the completion of all these steps, candidates can proceed to Section B.
AMIE Section B Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Section B is discussed below.
- The applicants will have to complete the given Project within a year.
- Based on the observation and capability of the candidate, the authority will approve them for Section B.
- There will be a total of ten (10) papers, out of which seven (7) are mandatory.
AMIE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for AMIE will be divided into two separate sections, i.e., section A and section B, where section A is divided into two parts (Diploma Stream and Non-Diploma Stream) and section B consist of 6 different subjects based on the candidate's preference.
The AMIE 2021 Section A is divided into the following two parts
Diploma Stream: Diploma holders need to study 4 subjects in Section A.
- Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Computing and Informatics
- Society and Environment
Non-Diploma Holders (10+2): Non-Diploma Holders need to study all the ten subjects in Section A which is mentioned below:
- Mechanical Science
- Engineering Physics and Chemistry
- Engineering Drawing and Graphics
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Science
- Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Computing and Informatics
- Society and Environment
Section B is the second part of the AMIE 2021 exam syllabus, which consists of 6 subjects.
- Architecture Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Read More: AMIE Syllabus 2021
Tips to Prepare for AMIE 2021?
Exams such as AMIE are not easy to crack. Here are some tips that candidates can follow while preparing for the examination.
- Equal Preference to All Subjects: Candidates must be able to cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus of AIME 2021 equally. One of the main reasons for failure in the AMIE entrance exam is balancing these topics. This mistake makes the aspirant perform poorly in some subjects, especially those subjects/topics they dislike and did not study.
- Following the curriculum and weightage while revising: The exam syllabus outlines the aspirant's essential reading topics. Therefore, the aspirant should pay special attention to all the sub-topics. Candidates should also understand the importance of the topics and select topics that may become their weaknesses. Remember that the examiner can focus more on some specific topics than the rest.
- Never stop the revision cycle: Along with proper rest, candidates are recommended to keep the revision cycle until an hour before the exam. This will help aspirants remember the topics that are easier to forget but important for the exam.
- Attempt all the questions: During the exam, the aspirants are usually very nervous. This phobia makes them keep second-guessing the answers. An aspirant must resist the temptation to ignore some questions just because they are not sure whether the answer is right or otherwise. Attempt every item by jotting down what seems to be the answer.
- Use sample papers to test yourself for the AMIE entrance exam: Solving sample papers is a great way to test your progress and discover your weaknesses. This will also help candidates to predict their scores and work on the areas of improvement.
- Of these, sample papers may be accessed online freely. Feel free to research the answers online. There is no justification for failing this exam at all!
AMIE 2021 Results
- Result Date: The AMIE 2021 Results will be declared on the official website. The exam dates are yet to be announced.
- Answer Script Inspection: If you are not satisfied with your result, you can apply for an inspection of the AMIE 2021 answer scripts. There will be no reevaluation/ rechecking of the answer script.
- Grade Card: Candidates can download their grade card from the official website after the result has been declared.
- Grading System: The result of AMIE 2021 will be calculated based on the below-mentioned grading system.
How to Download AMIE 2021 Results?
Candidates can follow these steps to download the AMIE 2021 Results.
- Visit the official website of IEI.
- Click on Academics Section.
- It will redirect to another page.
- Candidates can download the result by acquiescing the Membership Numbers at the suitable places in the downloading window.
- Download the AMIE 2021 Results.
- Take the printout of the same.
Details Present on AMIE Scorecard
The Scorecard of AMIE contains the following details.
- Roll number
- Name of the candidate
- Mother's name
- Father's name
- Marks obtained
- Cut off score
Read More: AMIE Result 2021
AMIE Cut Off 2021
IEI will soon release the AMIE Cut Off for the year 2021. Candidates who appeared for this exam can check the AMIE Cut Off at the official website. Candidates can also check the AMIE Cut Off for the past few years. It will give an idea of the AMIE Cut Off for 2021. Apart from all these, several factors are considered to determine the AMIE Cut Off for the candidates who belong to different categories. Some of the factors which determine AMIE Cut Off are discussed below:
Factors Determining AMIE Cut Off
The factors that will be considered for determining the AMIE Cut Off are given below:
- Number of Candidates who appeared for the AMIE exam.
- No of the candidates who qualified for the exam
- The difficulty level of question paper
- Number of vacancies for this exam
- AMIE Cut Off Previous Year trends
Colleges Accepting AMIE Cut Off Score
Candidates can check the colleges that are accepting the AMIE Cut Off Score:
- KIIT College of Engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Amity University Noida
AMIE 2021 Counselling
The Institution of Engineers (India) will conduct the AMIE 2021 counseling soon after the results are declared. Merit list will be published based on the marks secured by the candidates in the AMIE 2021 exam. Candidates must appear in the counseling for allotment to different branches.
Candidates will be called for the AMIE 2021 counseling as per their ranks in the exam. The counseling venue, date of counseling and other details will be informed on the official website.
Documents Required for AMIE 2021 Counselling
The following mentioned documents are required at the time of counseling. Candidates without the proper documents will not be entertained and allowed to participate in the AMIE 2021 counseling procedure.
- AMIE 2021 admit card
- Original mark sheets of 10th and 12th class for Verification purposes
- Attested photocopies of mark sheets
- 10th and 12th class certificates
- Four passport size color photographs
AMIE Contact Information
The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Address: 8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020
- Phone: +91(033)2223-8311/14/15/16
- Fax: +91(033)2223-8345
Is the application process for the AMIE conducted online only?
Yes, the application process for the AMIE, for candidates who reside in or are applying from India or Nepal, will be conducted online only.
How can a candidate apply for No Objection Certificate?
Candidates interested to obtain the NOC should submit the application form (on www.ieindia.org) along with the fee mentioned in the application form and the photocopy of the grade cards for sections A and B. The NOC will be sent to the registered address of the applicant.
What is the AMIE application fee and is it the same for each subject that is offered?
The application fee is INR 3000 and the fee is fixed for all subjects that are offered.
From where can I download the AMIE 2021 Admit Card?
The admit card for the AMIE can be downloaded from the official website. This will not be sent to the address of the candidate through post or courier.
What is the medium of conduction of the AMIE?
The AMIE is conducted by default in English. In case the candidate requests the exam to be conducted in another language, they cannot revert back to English at any cost if the request is approved.
What are the timings of the AMIE Examination?
The examination is conducted in two slots, forenoon, and afternoon. Forenoon - 10 AM to 1 PM Afternoon - 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Which all organisations/institutions recognize the AMIE examination? Is it recognized in foreign countries?
The AMIE exam is recognized by the Government of India, UGC, AICTE, Reserve Bank of India and other important institutions like IIT an IIM. Yes, AMIE is also recognized in foreign countries such as UK, Canada, USA, and candidates can apply for job opportunities using the AIME accreditation.