AMIE 2020 Eligibility, Dates, Registration, Pattern, Syllabus, and Results
4 July 2020: The exam for AMIE 2020 will tentatively be held between 16 August 2020 to 31 August 2020. But these dates may be modified based on the guidelines released by the Government of India.
- What is AMIE?
- AMIE 2020 Exam Date
- AMIE 2020 Eligibility
- AMIE 2020 Application Process
- AMIE 2020 Application Form Released
- AMIE 2020 Exam Centres
- AMIE 2020 Admit Card
- AMIE 2020 Exam Pattern
- AMIE 2020 Syllabus
- AMIE 2020 Results
- Contact Information
- Related Exams
What is AMIE?
- About IEI:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935.
- IEI is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a membership of more than 820 thousand, and serving the nation for more than 9 decades.
- The IEI has its headquarters located in Kolkata with national presence through more than a hundred Centres and several Overseas Chapters, Foras, and Organ.
- About IEI Kolkata: AMIE Kolkata is the premier and largest professional body of engineers in the country. The IEI has over seven lakh members on its roll and fifteen engineering disciplines exist under IEI.
- About AMIE:
- Associate Member of Institution of Engineers [AMIE] is a National Level Entrance Test conducted by the Institution of Engineers India (IEI). It is a Professional Certification course given by IEI once the candidates clear the Section A-Project Work and Section B-Written Test.
- Once the candidate clears the AMIE he/ she become the Associate Member (AM) of IEI. The AMIE certificate is equal to a BE and B.Tech Degree course.
- Conducting Body: AMIE is conducted by the Institution of Engineers India (IEI) every year.
- Level: AMIE is a National Level Entrance Test conducted for the aspirants to provide admission for certification course which is equal to BE and B.Tech Degree.
- Exam Date & Mode: AMIE will be conducted on August 16, 2020 through offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
AMIE 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers|
|Conducting Body||Institution of Engineers India [IEI]|
|Frequency||Twice a Year (Summer & Winter)|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT]|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Sections||Section A and Section B|
|Topics||Section A - Project Work Section B - Written Test|
|Passing Score||100 Each Section|
|AMIE Exam Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
Courses and Exam conducted by AMIE in the following Branches.
|S.No.||Courses and Exam Branches|
|3||Computer Science & Engineering|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|7||Materials & Metallurgical Engineering|
AMIE 2020 Exam Dates
- Registration: Application Form is available on the official website from February 18, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on June 30, 2020.
- Admit Card: The Admit Card will be released by The Institution of Engineers (India) online for all the aspirants on August 2, 2020.
- Examination: AMIE 2020 will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT] from August 16, 2020 to August 22, 2020
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all candidates based on the grading system on September 15, 2020.
AMIE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Education: The candidates who have studied Diploma and 10+2 are allowed to appear for AMIE 2020.
- Diploma: The candidate must have passed the 10th standard and must have passed Polytechnic Diploma, Diploma from IETE, IME, ICE, IGNOU, CIPET, and NTTF, etc. who get admission to direct second-year as a lateral entry.
- 10+2: The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as a mandatory subject with minimum 45% marks and must have secured 45% marks in PCM and must have passed English without grace marks.
- Note: If a candidate appearing for AMIE after passing Diploma in Engineering then the candidate has to pass a total of 13 subjects (4 subjects in Section A and 9 subjects in Section B). In the case of 10+2, the candidate has to pass 19 subjects (10 subjects in Section A and 9 subjects in Section B).
AMIE 2020 Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the official website (www.ieindia.org) and click the tab- Apply Online
- Step 2: Register yourself and create an account
- Step 3: Fill the Register Form with Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Selecting Password, Interest Area. Then click- “Submit Request”
- Step 4: A profile will be created and the candidate will receive a Membership Number.
- Step 5: In the next step, the candidate would be to log in and fill in the Application Form with Personal, Academic, Communication details.
- Step 6: Pay the fees online (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking) and take a printout of the confirmation page.
- Step 1: Candidate can get the Application Form from the respective centres or can download them from the website.
- Step 2: Fill all the necessary details required in the Application Form.
- Step 3: The registration fee must be paid by Demand Draft. The DD must be drawn in favor of “The Institution of Engineers (India)” payable at Kolkata.
- Step 4: Write your ST/T number and at the back of DD.
- The DD must be sent along with the Application Form to the following address:
The Secretary & Director-General
The Institution of Engineers (India)
8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020.
AMIE 2020 Application Form
- Registration Date: The AMIE 2020 Application Form is available on the official website from February 18, 2020 and the last date to submit the application form is June 30, 2020.
- Registration Fee: The candidates must pay the registration fee (Online and Offline) to appear for AMIE 2020 which is given below:
|India and Nepal Candidates||INR 300|
Click here for a direct link to register for AIBE 2020
AMIE 2020 Exam Centres
- Exam Cities: AMIE 2020 is conducted in 70 cities (includes Foreign Countries) across India and Arab Countries.
- Choice of Exam Centre: Candidates must choose there own preferred Exam Centre while filling the Application Form.
- ID Proof: Candidate must carry the Admission Ticket along with a valid government ID proof to the Exam Centre.
- The AMIE 2020 Exam Centre which is located in India and Foreign Countries are tabulated below:
|Centre Code||Exam City||Centre Code||Exam City|
Map Representation of AMIE Exam Centres
AMIE 2020 Admit Card
- Issue Date: AMIE Roll numbers are generally issued about 15 days before the start of AMIE.
- Roll Number: There will be a separate roll number will be given to all the candidate at the time of registration. Using that roll number, candidates can download the admit card on the official website.
- Example 1: Suppose your membership number is ST-524674-7, then select "ST" in the first box, Type number 524674 in the second box, and 7 in the third box.
- Example 2: Suppose your membership number is T-167583-8, then select "T" in the first box, Type number 167583 in the second box, and 8 in the third box.
- ID proof: All the candidates are requested to bring there Admit Card along with an ID proof to the Exam Centre.
AMIE 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: AMIE will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT] in a frequency of Twice a Year (Summer & Winter).
- Question Type: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Sections: There will be two sections i.e. section A and section B where section A is common for all the candidates and section B will be based on the engineering discipline chosen by the candidates.
- Marks: The marks given for each of the subjects will be 100.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
AMIE 2020 Syllabus
- The syllabus for AMIE will be divided into two separate sections i.e. section A and section B where section A is divided into two parts (Diploma Stream and Non-Diploma Stream) and section B consist of 11 different streams based on the candidate's preference.
- The syllabus will be based on the subjects from the 10th and 12th standard.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
AMIE 2020 Results
- Result Date: The AMIE 2020 Results will be declared on the official website on September 15, 2020.
- Answer Script Inspection: If you are not satisfied with your result, you may apply for an inspection of AMIE answer scripts. There will be no reevaluation/ rechecking of the answer script.
- Grade Card: Candidates can download their grade card from the official website after the result has been declared
- Grading System: The result for AMIE Results will be calculated based on the grading system.
AMIE Contact Information
The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Address: 8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020
- Phone: +91(033)2223-8311/14/15/16
- Fax: +91(033)2223-8345