The Mop-Up round seat allotment result has been released on August 22, 2023. The WBJEE seat allotment 2023 process is proceeded for all the candidates who have qualified with the exam cutoffs.
WBJEE seat allotment 2023 results for all the candidates who registered for the counselling will be released by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. The WBJEE 2023 Counselling 2nd round of seat allotment results has been released on August 8, 2023. The Mop-Up round seat allotment results has been published by the authorities on August 22, 2023.
WBJEEB held the OMR-based Common Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2023) for admission into Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, and undergraduate Architecture programs at various universities, government colleges, and self-financing Engineering and Techonological institutes in West Bengal state. Only the candidates surpassing the cutoffs gets the opportunity to participate in the WBJEE counselling seat allotment.
Table of Contents
- WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 Dates
- How to Check WBJEE Seat Allotment Result?
- WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 First Round Result
- WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 Round 2 and Mop-Up
- Documents Needed for WBJEE Seat Allocation 2023
- Options Following WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023
- Reservation of WBJEE Seats
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 Dates
WBJEE seat allotment 2023 results is released on August 1, 8, and 17, 2023, for rounds 1, 2, and mop-up round respectively. Candidates can refer to the table to check the important dates. The provisional admission fee is required to be paid to freeze the seats assigned to candidates during the WBJEE 2023 seat allotment.
|WBJEE Counselling Registration 2023||Jul 20, 2023|
|WBJEE Fee Payment and Choice Filling||
Jul 20 to 25, 2023
|Display of Mock Seat Allotment||Jul 27, 2023|
|Modify/Choice Locking||Jul 28, 2023|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment||Aug 1, 2023|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee and Reporting to Allotted College||Aug 1 to 5, 2023|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment Results||Aug 8, 2023|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee and Reporting to Allotted College||Aug 8 to 11, 2023|
|Mop-Up Round Registration||Aug 14 to 16, 2023|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation||Aug 18, 2023|
|Modify/Choice Locking||Aug 19, 2023|
|Mop-Up Round Seat Allotment Result and Reporting at Allotted College||Aug 22 to 24, 2023|
|WBJEE Cut Off 2023||WBJEE Counselling 2023|
How to Check WBJEE Seat Allotment Result?
WBJEE seat allotment result 2023 will be released by the official authorities through their website. Candidates can follow the below steps to check their WBJEE seat allotment 2023.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website.
- Step 2: After that, click the link associated with WBJEE seat allotment 2023, and a new tab will open.
- Step 3: Candidates are requested to carefully review the list for their names.
- Step 4: If necessary, they must save this document as a PDF.
- Step 5: Wait for counselling in the following round if their name is not on the round 1 list.
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 First Round Result
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will release the WBJEE round 1 seat allotment on the official website, wbjeeb.nic. Candidates who qualified for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations 2023 can check the WBJEE 1st round seat allotment result.
Shortlisted candidates must pay the fee to reserve their seats.
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will immediately make the WBJEE seat allotment result 2023 for Round 1 available at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The WBJEE seat allocation outcome and admission status can be checked by candidates who enrolled for WBJEE 2023 counselling and filled out the options.
- Candidates pleased with the board's seat allocation decision may pay the seat acceptance fee and download the WBJEE seat allotment letter 2023 online after paying the price.
- Following downloading the WBJEE allotment letter, the next steps involve document verification at the designated institute.
- If candidates are unsatisfied with the WBJEE 1st round seat allotment, they can apply for upgradation from the official website. However, applicants must obtain the "Upgradation Yes/No" form.
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023 Round 2 and Mop-Up Round
The WBJEE 2nd round and mop-up seat allotment are open to applicants who complete the admissions process WBJEE round 1 seat allotment.
- The program allows new enrollment for the second round of counselling.
- The second round and mop-up round of counselling follow the same procedure for allocating seats for WBJEE 2023.
- Following the seat acceptance fee payment, candidates must personally appear at the reporting centres.
- Following the WBJEE mop-up round seat allotment, an upgrade facility won't exist.
Documents Needed for WBJEE Seat Allocation 2023
The open/general category seats are transformed into vacant seats after all WBJEE 2023 seat distribution rounds. Candidates will be assigned to these seats until they become vacant. However, the documents required for WBJEE seat allotment 2023 are as follows:
- 10th Grade Admit Card
- Class 10 Grade Report
- Class 12 Grade Report
- Certificate of OCI (applicable for the respective category)
- Residence Permit (WB Domiciled aspirants)
- Certificate for the OBC-A/B/SC/ST categories (only applicable aspirants)
- Certificate of PwD (if applicable)
- (If applicable) TFW Certificate
Options Following WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023
Following the WBJEE 2023 seat allocation rounds, candidates will have three options. The three options are: accept their position and choose to upgrade, accept their seat, and choose to freeze it, or do nothing. Let's examine all the candidates' choices after the allocation of seats for WBJEE 2023.
- Accept and Freeze Allotted Seats: Candidates must pay the seat acceptance fee and download the provisional WBJEE allotment letter, pending successful physical verification by the relevant institute.
- Accept the Seat and Select the Upgrade Option: Candidates must select "Upgradation= Yes" and pay the seat acceptance fee before selecting and downloading the allotment letter. This letter of provisional seat allocation is contingent upon the completion of physical verification by the relevant institute.
Reservation of WBJEE Seats
Certain candidates applying for WBJEE can avail of the facility for seat reservation. Candidates must produce valid information and complete the verification process to reserve seats. The reservation details are as follows.
Reservation of Seats for SC/ST/OBC/TWF
Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD/TWF can have certain seats reserved for their preference. The criteria for such seats are as follows.
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD/TWF candidates are applicable for seats depending on the institute they choose for admission.
- OBC-A and OBC-B category candidates are allowed for seats only through reservations.
- Further, OBC-A and OBC-B reserved category candidates from the non-creamy layer must produce their NCL certificate while appearing for counselling and admissions.
Reservation of Seats for PwD Candidates
Candidates belonging to the PwD category with benchmark disabilities are eligible for seats under the PwD quota in WBJEE. Some additional benefits are available, which are as follows:
- Concessional application fee: Here, the candidates from the PwD category got to produce valid certificates of their disabilities, and they can avail of the concession on the fees.
- Compensatory time: candidates can avail of a compensatory time of 20 minutes each hour applying from this category.
- The facility of a scribe or reader: Additionally, candidates with 40% or above disability can appeal for a scribe, and if the authorities find out all the information to be true, they will allot a scribe.
Reservation of Seats for Defence Personnel's Wards
According to WBJEE seat allotment 2023, certain seats will be allotted to the defence personnel's children. The seats will be supernumerary, and separate allotment will be done for those. A total of 13 seats will be available.
WBJEE Seat Allotment through JEE Main
10% of seats will be available for the candidates who qualify for the JEE Main. However, the seats are available for candidates who scored the cutoff marks for JEE Main Paper I for self-financed Engineering and technology colleges in West Bengal.