TN Medical Counselling for PG programs 2021 - New updates on the delay of the PG admission process for TN Medical Counselling. It is compulsory for candidates to qualify NEET PG 2021 for Tamil Nadu PG medical admission 2021. get more about TN Medical Counselling 2021.
The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) conducts the Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling. Tamil Nadu PG medical counselling 2021 is expected to begin in the last week of September (tentatively). The counselling process of Tamil Nadu Medical PG 2021 is conducted online. The application form and registration for Tamil Nadu PG medical counselling 2021 also had to be filled in online mode. With the counselling process, applicants can choose the desired seats and the top medical colleges of Tamil Nadu appear in the PG medical counselling procedure. The primary criterion for admission is qualifying the minimum marks required for the NEET exam. In Tamil Nadu, there are 2138 seats available for NEET PG admission. Read this article to get detailed information about the Tamil Nadu PG medical counselling 2021
List of Topics
- Eligibility Criteria
- Counselling Process
- Counselling Fee
- Documents Required
- Cutoff and Colleges
- Important Dates
- Reservation Policy
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2021
The Tamil Nadu medical counselling process to get admission in PG courses will be conducted in an offline mode. To participate in the counselling process, the candidates will have to meet the eligibility criteria of the counselling. The eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Nationality Criteria: The Candidates must be citizens of India and hold a valid citizenship proof.
- Internship Criteria: The candidates must have completed their one-year rotatory internship (CRRI) from the state of Tamil Nadu.
- MBBS degree: The candidates must have completed their MBBS degree from a recognized institute by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to get enrolled in Tamil Nadu PG medical admission 2021. Those candidates who have an MBBS degree from a university not recognized by Dr. MGR Medical University will need to furnish an Eligibility certificate.
- Qualifying examination: It is compulsory for candidates to qualify NEET PG 2021 for Tamil Nadu PG medical admission 2021
- Domicile: The candidate must be the domicile of the state for Tamil Nadu. If he/she has not completed their MBBS from any Tamil Nadu institute, then they must show a certificate of the nativity and required documents (voter ID/passport/Aadhar card/driving license) for PG medical admission to Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Process 2021
The counselling of Tamil Nadu NEET PG 2021 will be held in two rounds including mop-up round, which will be organized if any seats are left vacant on the conclusion of the second round of Tamil Nadu NEET PG counselling 2021. Following are the steps to be followed throughout the counselling process:
Step 1: Registration through the official website: The candidates are required to register through their NEET PG roll no. and follow the instruction on the screen. The candidate AI-NEET-PG registration details will appear and the qualified candidates (based on cutoffs - more information is given below) can make an online payment and receive a confirmation SMS on the registered mobile number.
Step 2: Security Money Payment: The candidate willing to attend the counselling session to secure a PG Tamil Nadu Medical seat must pay the security amount after which they can participate in an online seat choice filling option once the state merit list has been out. The receipt of the payment will be made available for print out.
Step 3: Merit list will be declared as per the provisions by the admission committee and will be displayed on the website.
Step 4: Choice Filling: The candidate can log in using their NEET roll number and password created during registration. Once the candidates have chosen their desired colleges, they can save and continue to lock their choice. This step will not be completed until the choice is locked, no further changes can be made after that.
Step 5: Seat Allotment: The candidate’s seat allotment status will be available on the website. The seat allotment process will be done online on merit cum option basis. If the candidate accepts the allotment letter, they will still be eligible to participate in the second round of counselling to upgrade their seat without losing it. The candidates who do not join or joined but resigned their seats during the first counselling process are also eligible to participate in the second round of Tamil Nadu PG counselling 2021.
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Fee 2021
The candidates participating in the Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling process will have to pay a non-refundable fee. The fee amount is INR 1,000. The candidates who are further selected in the counselling process must pay an amount of INR 2,00,000 as tuition fee through Demand Draft. Both the amount can be paid through DD and should be in favour of “The Secretary Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10”.
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Documents Required 2021
The following are mandatory documents listed which will have to be presented during the Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling for PG admissions. Failure to submit any documents will lead to the non-eligibility declaration and thus won’t be considered for the counselling process from round one
- NEET PG 2021 admit card and scorecard 2021 must be submitted.
- MBBS Degree Certificate and Diploma Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate as a proof of educational eligibility must be submitted.
- Internship Completion Certificate which is also mandatory must be submitted.
- The permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by the MCI/SMC must be submitted.
- The candidate’s caste/community certificate issued by the competent authority must be submitted.
- The community certificates issued by the Revenue Divisional Officer of the competent jurisdiction must be submitted. The document is only applicable for schedule tribe candidates who are a native of Tamil Nadu.
- If applicable, an Eligibility Certificate must also be submitted.
- The payment receipt for the application form must be printed out and submitted as well.
For NRI Candidates
- A Certificate stating the NRI candidate’s status of the financial supporter which has to be issued by the Indian Embassy in the respective country under its seal must be submitted.
- A Certificate of relationship between the candidate’s financial supporter and the candidate issued by the competent authority must also be attached.
- A Valid Indian Passport of the NRI financial supporter must also be submitted as proof of identity.
- An NRE (Non-Resident External) Bank Account Pass Book of the candidate’s financial supporter must also be submitted.
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Important Dates 2021
Following are the important dates to keep in mind in order to become a part of the Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling 2021:
|Announcement of NEET 2021 results||To be declared|
|First round of registration starts||To be declared|
|Online registration ends||To be declared|
|Counselling||To be declared|
|Rank list declaration||To be declared|
|The academic session will begin||To be declared|
List of Medical Colleges Offering Admission 2021 in Tamil Nadu
Find below a list of colleges in Tamil Nadu accepting NEET PG 2021 score for admissions in their PG programs:
- Coimbatore Medical College
- Kanyakumari Government Medical College
- CMC Vellore
- Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute
- Madras Medical College
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Stanley Medical College
- Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital
- Government Kilpauk Medical College
- Saveetha Medical College
- Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute
Tamil Nadu Medical Counselling Reservation Policy 2021
The non-reserved category students must go through the eligibility criteria stated above. Following are the seat reservation policy for reserved category students:
For States/Union Territories - 50% Quota Seats and Private Medical Colleges/ Institutes/Universities/Deemed Universities
- The NEET PG 2021 reservation criteria and merit list in each State/ Union Territory of India are different. The state quota remains undisturbed.
- These reservation criteria give the private Universities/ Union territories/Institutes of different States the freedom to create their own NEET PG 2021 merit list on the basis of the NEET Result. The Regulation and/or the qualifying criteria, applicable guidelines and reservation policies of the State/ Universities differ from each other.
For Armed Forces, Medical Service Institutions
- The candidates who wish for a seat in MD/MS/PG Diploma seats (AFMS) can tick the option (Institutions of Armed Medical Services) at the time of filling the application form. The candidates under this category will have to go through the separate NEET PG Registration Process for AFMC.