JEE Advanced 2024 are yet to be conducted and the results will be announced shortly after the examination by IIT Guwahati. Until then, the students can check the JEE Advanced 2023 results to anticipate the evaluation method of the committee.
JEE Advanced 2024 is yet to be conducted and the results will be announced post the examination. Until then, the candidates can check the response sheet 2023 which was published on Jun 9, 2023 for the exams conducted on Jun 4, 2023. The Engineering Entrance Test, JEE Advanced 2024, is conducted by the seven zonal IITs, including Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Kanpur, and Roorkee, on a rotating basis for B.E./B.Tech and Architecture admissions.
The top 2,50,000 JEE Main exam rank holders are eligible for the exam. Continue reading to learn more about JEE Advanced 2024 eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, cutoff, and other topics.
|JEE Advanced Cutoff 2024||JEE Advanced Counselling 2024|
Table of Contents
- JEE Advanced 2024 Highlights
- JEE Advanced 2024 Important Dates
- JEE Advanced Result 2024
- JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff
- JEE Advanced Counselling 2024
- JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff Marks
- JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced 2024 Application Form
- JEE Advanced 2024 Revised Syllabus
- JEE Advanced 2024 Preparation
JEE Advanced 2024 Highlights
Before further details, look at the overview of JEE Advanced 2024. Check out the table below to know more about the exam pattern, duration, type of question asked, etc.
|Name of Exam||Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||One of the seven zonal IITs, Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Kanpur, Roorkee|
|Exam Conducting Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||English & Hindi|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Papers||2 (PCM in both papers)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (each paper)|
|Seat Availability||Approx. 16,000 Seats|
|Questions Type||Single Correct Option Questions, Multiple Correct Option Questions, & Numerical Value Answer Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Full, partial and zero marks. (Negative marks for an incorrect answer)|
JEE Advanced 2024 Important Dates
Here are the important dates for candidates to apply for JEE Advanced 2024 examination. The table includes the applications' acceptance dates, the last date of application fee payment, etc.
|Online Registration||April 28, 2024|
|Release of admit card||May 30, 2024 to June 2, 2024|
|JEE (Advanced) 2024 Examination||June 2, 2024|
|Online display of provisional answer keys||June 9, 2024|
|Tentative Start of Joint Seat Allocation (JoSAA) 2024 Process||June 2024|
|JEE Advanced 2024 Result Date||June 16, 2024|
|JEE Advanced 2024 AAT Registration||June 18, 2024|
|JEE Advanced 2024 AAT Exam Date||June 25, 2024|
|JEE Advanced 2024 AAT Result Date||June 29, 2024|
JEE Advanced Result 2024
IIT Guwahati has announced the much awaited JEE Advanced 2023 result on Jun 18, 2023. Where in, the candidates can check the JEE Advanced 2024 results on the official website of JEE Advanced: jeeadv.ac.in. The All India Rank as well as the Category Rank will be available for all the qualified students.
How to Check JEE Advanced 2024 Results
Here are the simple steps that candidates must follow to access the JEE Advanced 2024 result:
- Step 1: First, students must head to JEE Advanced official result portal.
- Step 2: The link to check the results will be available on the homepage; candidates must click on it to proceed.
- Step 3: Then, all the valid credentials, such as the registration number, email ID, birth date, & mobile number, must be entered.
- Step 4: Further, candidates must choose the exam centre from the list and provide any other required details.
- Step 5: Lastly, the JEE Advanced 2024 result will be visible on the screen & can be downloaded in a PDF form.
Details Given on JEE Advanced 2024 Results
Here is the list of all the details that will be provided on the JEE Advanced results 2024.
- Roll Number
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Candidate's Name
- Candidate's Registration Number
- Person with Disability
- Registered Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Result Status
- Category Rank (If Any)
Read More: JEE Advanced Result 2024
JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff
The cutoff for JEE Advanced 2024 is yet to be released. But until then, the candidates can check the JEE Advanced 2023 cutoff details are as follows.
|Category||Minimum Marks||Aggregate Marks|
|Common Rank List||9||34|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||8||31|
|GEN-EWS Rank List||8||31|
|SC Rank List||4||17|
|ST Rank List||4||17|
|Common-PwD Rank List||4||17|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||4||17|
|GEN-EWS-PwD Rank List||4||17|
|SC-PwD Rank List||4||17|
|ST-PwD Rank List||4||17|
The JEE Advanced 2024 cutoff indicates the minimum marks the students must get to pass the examination. Two types of cutoffs are applicable for JEE Advanced: qualifying cutoff & admission cutoff. It must be noted that merely clearing the cutoff does not result in admission. The aspirants need to achieve the highest possible scores to be accepted by the desired college.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2024
The JEE Advanced 2024 counselling will be organised online in 6 phases or rounds. As per the schedule of JEE Advanced counselling 2024, JoSAA counselling registrations are yet to be announced. JEE Advanced qualified students who make it to the merit list shall be eligible for participation in the counselling.
JEE Advanced 2024 Counselling Process
The JEE Advanced counselling process is conducted by JoSAA for admissions into IITs, NITs, GFTIs, & other top institutes. The step by step counselling process is given below for candidate's reference:
- Online Registration: All the eligible candidates must first register online for JEE Advanced 2024 counselling through the official website. Details like JEE Advanced roll number, date of birth, and registration number will be required for registration.
- Choice Filling: Candidates should then fill in their preferred choice of program, college, and branch on the official portal through their registration ID. Any number of courses can be selected while filling out the choices and the preference order can also be changed. Further, the final choices made will be locked.
- Seat Allotment: There are 6 rounds involved in the seat allocation process. Candidates should be checking the seat allotment result after every round. Once they are allotted the seat, they should make the online payment to confirm their seat.
- Reporting to College & Document Verification: Next, candidates must report to the allotted institute and carry all the relevant original documents & attested copies along with them for the document verification process.
- Provisional Admission: Once the candidates get their documents verified, they will be eligible for provisional admission into the insitute. However, if any document is falsified or any eligibility requirement is not fulfilled, then the admission will be cancelled. Therefore, is is crucial for students to cross-verify all the required documents before submission.
JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting the JEE Advanced 2024 application form, candidates must confirm that they meet the requirements for eligibility:
- JEE Advanced 2024 applications are open to all Indian citizens, including those with OCI or PIO status. 10% of the supernumerary seat allotment will be open to foreign applicants
- General and OBC applicants must have been born on or after October 1, 1998. There is five-year age relaxation for SC/ST/PwD candidates; nonetheless, they must have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- Candidates must have completed the class 12th test or an equivalent exam in 2023 or 2024.
- Candidates must take PCM, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory in Class 12.
- For those who intend to take the JEE Advanced test, the 75% requirement for class 12th or an equivalent exam has been relaxed.
- A candidate may only take the JEE Advanced test twice in two years.
- To be eligible for JEE Advanced 2024, aspirants must rank among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main qualifying candidates.
Read More: JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced 2024 Application Form
Candidates can submit the JEE Advanced 2024 application form on the official website www.jeeadv.ac.in. The qualified candidates must register and complete the application by filling out all the required fields' personal, academic and other relevant details. Then the candidates will have to upload the documents and fill out the online form. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Log in to the official website with JEE main roll number and password
- Step 2: Fill out the personal and academic information, chosen exam cities, etc
- Step 3: Upload the relevant documents
- Step 4: Complete the payment of the JEE Advanced exam registration fee.
JEE Advanced Application Fees 2024
The table below shows the JEE Advanced application fee for centres within and outside India.
|Nationality of Candidate||Category||Application Fees|
|Indian Nationals||SC, ST, PwD Candidates||1400 INR|
|Female Candidates (all categories)|
|All Other Candidates||2800 INR|
|Foreign Nationals||SAARC candidates||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
JEE Advanced 2024 Revised Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2024 syllabus was released on the official website at jeeadv.ac.in. All three sections of the syllabus have been revised. The revised syllabus should be followed by candidates who plan to appear for the JEE Advanced 2024 exam.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory papers for JEE Advanced
- As per the revised JEE Advanced 2024 Syllabus, Sets, Relations, Functions, Algebra, and Matrices are among the topics covered in the JEE Advanced 2024 Mathematics Syllabus
- Physics topics in the JEE Advanced 2024 Physics Syllabus include General Physics, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electromagnetic waves, and Optics
- State of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, and Molecular Structure are among the topics covered in the JEE Advanced 2024 Chemistry Syllabus
- The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2024 is based on the National Education Policy 2020 and matches the NCERT curriculum.
JEE Advanced 2024 Preparation
Students planning to take the JEE Advanced 2024 exam should begin studying as soon as possible. During the examination, it will allow you to better manage your time and answer various questions. A study plan is essential for success on the JEE Advanced 2024 exam. Here are some helpful hints to help candidates prepare for JEE Advanced 2024.
- For exam preparation, students must choose appropriate study resources.
- Create a study schedule with a time window for each subject.
- Regularly study and use what you've learned.
- Avoid remembering ideas by heart.
- Revise the material you're frequently studying.
- Practice your maths skills.
Read More: How to Crack JEE Advanced 2024?