A domicile certificate for WBJEE is essential for each candidate to prove their permanent residence in West Bengal. The WBJEE domicile certificate is accepted for admissions only if any government officer attests it.
A domicile certificate for WBJEE 2023 is to be submitted by all the candidates to prove their place of residence. The candidates must download the domicile certificate available on the WBJEE official website, i.e., WBJEEB. Additionally, attaching it with the application form after registration is mandatory. The candidates must fill up all the fields with the required details.
|WBJEE Exam Pattern 2023||WBJEE Syllabus 2023|
WBJEE is conducted for admission into various Engineering courses in premier institutes of West Bengal. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria to participate in the examination.
Table of Contents:
- Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2023
- Exception for WBJEE Domicile Certificate 2023
- Process to Apply for Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2023
- WBJEE Domicile Proforma Listings
|WBJEE Exam Centre 2023||WBJEE Admit Card 2023|
Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2023
WBJEE domicile certificate can be obtained from the official website. Candidates must get it certified by the authorised personnel. However, the importance of domicile for WBJEE is as follows.
Requirements in terms of residential/ Criteria for domicile certificate for WBJEE 2023
- All the candidates seeking seats through WBJEE in the state of West Bengal must produce a valid domicile.
- A Domicile certificate for WBJEE 2023 is necessary for admission into government-aided Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy colleges.
- Additionally, candidates aiming for admission into B.Tech dairy courses under the WB university of animal and fisheries must submit the WBJEE domicile.
- For 90% of general category seats in JU (Jadavpur University), candidates must have a domicile certificate for WBJEE.
- Further, the WBJEE domicile certificate is necessary for admission into any State University and Aliah University.
WBJEE Domicile Proforma
- Candidates will be treated under WBJEE domicile Proforma only if they have proved they are residents of WB for 10 years on 31 December 2022.
- Candidates whose parents are residents of WB and possess a permanent address.
- In cases where the above criteria are satisfied, candidates must fill it up in WBJEE domicile Proforma A1 or A2.
- If the above is correct, candidates need to submit any of the two documents mentioned below:
- Voter card
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- The mentioned documents must prove the candidate's parents' residence in the state for 10 years.
Competent Authorities to Issue Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2023
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrates, Deputy Magistrate, District Collector, Sub-divisional Officers, and Block Development Officers.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Sub-divisional Officer, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, and Assistant Commissioner of police.
- Judicial Magistrate, hon'ble Supreme Court or High Court of West Bengal.
- Corporation Area: Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
NOTE: Anybody issuing the above certificate must produce their complete name, address, and place of posting and designation.
|WBJEE Preparation 2023||WBJEE Books 2023|
Exception for WBJEE Domicile Certificate 2023
Candidates must note that there are some exceptions while submitting a domicile certificate WBJEE. The list of the same is displayed underneath. Candidates must note these before submitting the domicile certificate.
- The domicile certificate for WBJEE must be attached to the application form.
- During the counselling process, if the candidates from Sc, ST, and OBC categories fail to produce the WBJEE domicile certificate, they can attach their category certificate issued by the government of West Bengal.
- However, if the category certificate fails to prove its validity, in that case, the candidate's domicile will be marked as Non-West Bengal.
- Candidates cannot produce domicile certificates for WBJEE issued by locally elected people such as a municipal corporation, counsellor, MLA, MP, or GTA.
- WBJEE domicile Proforma 'a2' must be issued by the head of the institution or principal from which the candidate passed their higher secondary education or will pass. Additionally, the authorities will certify these certificates after considering the candidates passed records.
|WBJEE Domicile Certificate Format||Download Now|
Process to Apply for Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2023
Candidates appearing for the exam must obtain the domicile certificate for WBJEE 2023 from the online website before applying for admissions. The process to download an online certificate is as follows:
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of WBJEE.
- Step 2: On the home page, under the 'Current Events' section, they will find the 'Proformas for Certificate' option.
- Step 3: Candidates must click on that option. They will be redirected to a new window.
- Step 4: Candidates will be able to view the entire proforma now.
- Step 5: The opportunity to download the same will be available on the left-hand side of the page.
- Step 6: Candidates must download the proformas and fill it by the designated person to prove their domicile.
WBJEE Domicile Proforma Listings
The candidates will fill up four proformas to appear for WBJEE. The WBJEE domicile proformas listings are as mentioned in the points underneath.
- In this form, candidates specifically need to prove their residential address proof for 10 or more years.
- A recent photograph of the candidate with the dimension of 4cm x 3cm.
- The authorised personnel must attest the picture.
- The attested signature of the authorised personnel and name in block letters.
- Here the candidate's proof of educational qualifications is required.
- Candidates must verify it by the authorised personnel wherein the candidate's name and year of passing 10+2 will be mentioned.
- A recent photograph of the candidate with the dimension of 4cm x 3cm is to be attached.
- Lastly, the form must be signed and approved by a designated officer.
- The Proforma is for candidates not residents of West Bengal. However, their parent's house or permanent residence address is of the state.
- The complete residence details must be entered while filling out the form.
- The candidate's and father's or mother's photographs with the dimensions 4cm x 3cm to be attached.
- The form is to be signed by the official authority and submitted for verification.
Proforma of Income Certificate
- The candidate's total annual income is to be specified in this form.
- Candidates need to fill it up with respect to LPA (lakh per annum).
- In the address part, candidates need to enter the post office and police station details of the state.
- The signature of the official authority, signature, and seal must be affixed.
Certificate of the Physical Limitation of the Examinee to Write
- The form is specifically for candidates applying from the physically handicapped quota.
- Candidates need to specify their disability with the percentage.
- Additionally, enter the details of their address.
- The form must be certified by the Chief Medical Officer/Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care Institute.