Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th focus on subjects including aircraft design, propulsion systems, aerodynamics, and avionics. Continue reading to know more about aeronautical engineering courses in more detail.
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are concerned with all aspects of aircraft and spacecraft, including their design, development, building, testing, and maintenance. These courses teach students planning, guidance, building, engineering, safety measures, aeroplane upkeep, internal computing systems, and more.
The aeronautical engineering courses after 12th at bachelor, diploma, and PG levels prepare students for careers in aircraft design, propulsion systems, avionics, and more. After completing aeronautical engineering courses, numerous employment opportunities exist in the aircraft and military sectors.
Table of contents:
- List of Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th
- Why Pursue Aeronautical Engineering Courses After 12th?
- How to Become an Aeronautical Engineer?
- Entrance Exams
- Top Colleges
- Career Scope
- Required Skills
List of Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th integrate mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and materials science to make safe and efficient flying aircraft.Popular aeronautical engineering courses after 12th at bachelor, diploma, and certificate levels are listed below.
Average Fees (INR)
|B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering||4 years||1.5 to 4 lakhs|
|BE in Aeronautical Engineering||4 years||25k to 2 lakhs|
|B.Tech Aerospace Engineering||4 years||5 to 10 lakhs|
|B.Sc Aeronautical Science||3 years||1 to 2 lakhs|
|BBA Aviation||3 years||10k to 4 lakhs|
|B.Sc Aviation||3 years||1 lakh|
|Diploma in Aviation||1 year||60k to 1 lakh|
|BTech in Avionics Engineering||4 years||3 to 12 lakhs|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||4 years||3 to 6 lakhs|
|Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering||3 years||2 to 4 lakhs|
|Diploma in Ground Staff||6 to 12 months||10k to 4 lakhs|
|Pilot Training||2 years||10 to 50 lakhs|
|Diploma in Cabin Crew Training||11 months||1 to 1.8 lakhs|
Why Pursue Aeronautical Engineering Courses After 12th?
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th introduce students to a highly technical branch of engineering that involves the planning and development of aircraft and spacecraft. Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are unique and exciting for the following reasons listed below:
- Opens doors to airplane makers like Boeing and Airbus and the automobile, military, and consulting industries.
- Deals with aerodynamics, studying airflow around aircraft and weapons. Students learn to design airplanes that can resist the pressures involved during flying.
- Students can apply academic knowledge to real-world scenarios and may create and make model aircraft or launch miniature rockets.
- Innovations in technology and methodology are a constant in aeronautical engineering. Aeronautical engineering students have access to cutting-edge technology and area advancements.
- There are numerous interesting job possibilities for grads in the expanding area of aeronautical engineering. Aviation engineers work in aerospace, defense, and flight, designing, building, testing, and maintaining planes.
How to Become an Aeronautical Engineer in India after 12th?
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are an intriguing subject. To become an aeronautical engineer, students must pass aeronautical engineering courses after 12th. One must complete the following steps to become an aeronautical engineer:
- Step 1 - Complete the 12th grade with a minimum of 50% in the science stream (physics, chemistry, and math).
- Step 2 - Students must complete exams such as JEE Main or JEE Advanced (for IITs), BITSAT (for BITS Pilani), or other equivalent engineering entrance exams.
- Step 3 - Apply to a recognized institution that offers aeronautical engineering courses after 12th
- Step 4 - Complete aeronautical engineering courses after 12th and earn the degree.
- Step 5 - After graduating, students may work in the aerospace sector or pursue a Master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th require Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as key subjects. All prospective students for aeronautical engineering courses after 12th must meet the following requirements:
- All applicants must have scored 70%–75% in 10+2 Physics, Chemistry, and Math.
- Students must qualify for the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced or equivalent entrance exam cutoff.
- Diploma holders in aircraft maintenance engineering may enroll by qualifying for the Aeronautical Society of India's examinations.
Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th: Entrance Exams
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th include a wide range of entrance examinations. However, the following are a few of the most prevalent entrance tests for aeronautical engineering courses after 12th:
|JEE Main||JEE Advanced|
Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th: Specializations
Aeronautical Engineering courses after 12th come with various specializations focusing on innovation, research, and development in specialized areas. Popular specializations for students interested in aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are:
- Composites Analysis
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Aerodynamics and Fluid Dynamics
- Aircraft Structures and Materials
- Structural Design and Engineering
- Transportation Systems
- Instrumentation And Communication
- Ground Vehicle Systems
- Navigational Guidance and Control Systems
- Electronic Systems
Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th: Subjects
Students may study designing, navigation, engineering, safety considerations, aircraft maintenance, internal computer systems, and more in aeronautical engineering courses after 12th. Core subjects covered in aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are.
- Engineering Physics
- Aircraft Structures Laboratory
- Aircraft Structures Laboratory
- Computer Programming
- Aero Engineering Thermodynamics
- Transforms and Partial Differential Equations
- Aircraft Materials and Processes
- Aircraft Structures Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technology
- Solid Mechanics
- CAD and Aircraft Component Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
- Aero Engine and Airframe
- Aircraft Design Project
- Elements of Aeronautics
|B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering Syllabus and Subjects||BE Aeronautical Engineering Syllabus and Subjects|
Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th: Top Colleges
Aeronautical Engineering courses are offered at prominent engineering institutes focusing on light helicopters, drones, air careers, missiles, weaponry, and various flying parts. Leading institutes offering aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are.
- Delhi Institute of Aeronautical Sciences
- Indian Institute of Science
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Indore
- Thapar University
- IIT Gandhinagar
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Panjab University
- BITS Pilani
- NIT Rourkela
- National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering
- School of Aeronautics
- Indian Institute of Aircraft Engineering
- JRN Institute of Aviation Technology
- AIT Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- AMC Engineering College
- MVJ College of Engineering
- ACS College of Engineering
- Jain University
- Global Academy of Technology
- Acharya Polytechnic
- SCT Institute of Technology
Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th: Career Scope
After completing aeronautical engineering courses after 12th, one may work in the aerospace or military sector designing and building airplanes and spacecraft. The following are some of the career prospects for aeronautical engineers.
Average Salary (INR)
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineer||8 lakhs|
|Accident Investigator||6 to 10 lakhs|
|Structures and Materials Engineer||2 to 16 lakhs|
|Acoustic Specialists||2 to 20 lakhs|
|Aircraft Design Engineer||2 to 11 lakhs|
|Technical Officer||1.2 to 9 lakhs|
|Aerospace Medicine Specialist||1 to 18 lakhs|
|Quality Assurance Engineer||5 to 8 lakhs|
|Teacher/Professor||2.5 to 9 lakhs|
Required Skills for Aeronautical Engineering Courses after 12th
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th require 12th-level math and physics knowledge and critical thinking and problem-solving. Some of the specialized skills required for aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are as follows:
- Expert Mathematical Aptitude
- Time Management
- Strong computer skills
- Work Under pressure
- Teamwork & collaboration skills
- Speed and accuracy
- Technical, Manual, and mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of commitment
- Attentive and presence of mind
- Normal color vision
- Physically fit
- Strong analytical ability
Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th focus on designing, developing, testing, and producing aircraft and other flying devices.
The term "aeronautics" refers to airborne travel. Aeronautical engineering courses after 12th are concerned with aircraft, missiles, helicopters, spacecraft, and even military aircraft. However, choosing an ideal program from a recognized institution that meets the job aspirations is important.