Candidates, including a foreign nationals, must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to appear for the UCEED 2021 Exam. Candidates who appeared in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to take part in UCEED 2021 Application Process.
UCEED Eligibility 2021 Highlights
Candidates must qualify these UCEED 2021 Eligibility criterias to be able to take up the UCEED 2021 Exam. Some of the important UCEED 2021 eligibility criteria along with its details have been listed in the table below.
|Age limit||Should be born on or after 1st October 1995 for (General, EWS, OBC-NCL) and 1st October 1990 (SC/ST/PWD)|
|Qualification||Should have passed class 12 (Science/ Arts & Humanities/ Commerce) or equivalent in 2019 or appearing candidates of 2021 are also eligible|
|No. of Attempts||Only 2 attempts are allowed for consecutive years|
|The validity of marks card||UCEED marks sheets will be valid for only one year and only for admission for the corresponding year|
|Domicile||UCEED 2021 is open for Indian as well as foreign nationals & OCI/PIO candidates. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total available seats in the course|
Detailed UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria for the UCEED 2021 Exam have been explained in detail below.
- Nationality of Candidates: Both Indians and foreign nationals can appear for UCEED 2021. Candidates who are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/ OCI category at the time of registering for UCEED 2021, will be considered as foreign nationals
- Age Criteria: Candidates should be born on or after 1 October 1996 for General/ OBC/ NCL category. However candidates belonging to SC/ ST category can be born on or after 1 October 1990
- Number of Attempts: A candidate can attempt for the UCEED 2021 exam for a maximum of two consecutive years. It must be noted that the score of the UCEED examination will be valid only for the admission of that corresponding year
- Qualifying Exams: Candidates should have completed their 10+2 examination in 2020 or should be appearing for the same in 2021. Those who took their qualifying examination for the first time in 2018 or earlier will not be considered eligible
- Stream of Qualifying Exam: Candidates from all streams (Science, Commerce, Arts and Humanities)
- Board of Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed their 10+2 examination from a recognized board or university
- Year of Passing Qualifying Exam: Candidates who took their qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply
UCEED 2021 List of Qualifying Exams
Candidates enrolled for the UCEED 2021 Exam must qualify in. It differs for Indian and Foriegn nationals, a list for each have been listed below.
For Indian Nationals
- The final examination of the 10+2 system organised or recognised by Central or State Board or by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- The Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination organised by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination organised by a recognised Board or University by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU)
- H.S.C. vocational examination
- A Diploma recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration
For Foriegn Nationals
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2021 for B.Des Program
Qualification: Candidate should have completed the qualifying examination i.e. Class 12 board or equivalent in 2019 or 2010. Candidates who appeared for first time in their qualifying exam in 2018 or earlier are not eligible to appear for UCEED exam.
For those candidates who are appearing for their qualifying exam (12th or equivalent) in 2020 should ensure some guidelines:
- All parts of their final examination are completed by the date of registration in the respective admitting institute.
- Proof of having passed the qualifying exam with required eligibility is submitted by September 30, 2020, to admitting institute.
- If a qualifying board exam awards only letter grades without providing information on passing grade on the grade sheet, a candidate should obtain a certificate from Board specifying passing grade and upload it along with the grade sheet.
Criteria for Foreign Nationals- Candidates from foreign nations including Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/ People of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are considered under Open category and they will not get any relaxation. Criteria, as specified above, is applicable "in toto" to all applicants including foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary.
- Science stream: Candidates who are from science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects are eligible to apply for all 4 institutions
- Non-Science stream: Candidates with other streams ( arts, commerce, and science without mathematics or Physics or Chemistry ) are eligible to apply to IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur