Candidates who want to appear for the UCEED 2022 exam must satisfy all the UCEED exam eligibility criteria as specified. Those who are not meeting the requirements will not be allowed to proceed with the further rounds of the online examination. The exam authority also has the right to cancel their candidature for the 2022 session. Only candidates who satisfy the UCEED eligibility criteria 2022 can apply for the exam.
Scroll down to get complete details of the UCEED exam qualification requirements.
UCEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria Highlights
Candidates must qualify for the UCEED eligibility to be able to take up the exam. Some of the important eligibility criteria, along with their details have been listed in the table below.
|UCEED Age limit||The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the
OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and born on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC,
ST or PwD category.
|UCEED Number of Attempts||A candidate can attempt the exam for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive
|The validity of marks card||UCEED marks sheets will be valid for only one year and only for admission for the corresponding year.|
|Nationality of Candidates||Both Indians and foreign nationals can appear for the exam. Candidates who are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/ OCI category at the time of registering, will be considered as foreign nationals.|
UCEED 2022 List of Qualifying Exams
Candidates enrolled for the exam must qualify. It differs for Indian and Foreign nationals; a list for each have been listed below. The candidates are also advised to go through the UCEED reservation criteria (available on the official website) to get more clarity.
For Indian Nationals
The list of qualifying exams to fit the UCEED 2022 eligibility criteria for Indian nationals have been listed below.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system organised or recognised by Central or State Board or by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- The Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination organised by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination organised by a recognised Board or University by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU)
- H.S.C. vocational examination
- A Diploma recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration
For Foriegn Nationals
The list of qualifying exams to fit the UCEED 2022 eligibility criteria for Foreign nationals have been listed below.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2022 for B.Des Program
Qualification: The candidate should have completed the qualifying examination i.e. Class 12 board or equivalent in 2021 or 2022. Those candidates who are appearing for their qualifying exam (12th or equivalent) in 2021 should ensure some guidelines:
- All parts of their final examination are completed by the date of registration in the respective admitting institute.
- Proof of having passed the qualifying exam with required eligibility is submitted to admitting institute.
- Suppose a qualifying board exam awards only letter grades without providing information on passing grades on the grade sheet. A candidate should obtain a certificate from the board specifying passing grade and upload it along with the grade sheet.
Criteria for Foreign Nationals- Candidates from foreign nations, including Overseas citizens of India (OCI)/ People of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are considered under Open category and they will not get any relaxation. Criteria, as specified above, is applicable "in toto" to all applicants including foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary.
- Science stream: Candidates who are from science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects are eligible to apply for all 4 institutions.
- Non-Science stream: Candidates with other streams ( arts, commerce, and science without mathematics or Physics or Chemistry ) are eligible to apply to IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.