Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Online Test is a national level entrance test conducted by the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology for admission into the various undergraduate courses in technology. Read this article to know more about the SMIT Online test.
- The last date for BTech application form is Jul 10, 2021.
- The application process for SMIT Online Test 2021 is ongoing. Candidates who are interested to apply for the exam can get more information about the application process by clicking here.
- What is SMIT Online Test?
- SMIT 2021 Exam Date
- SMIT 2021 Eligibility
- SMIT 2021 Application Form
- SMIT 2021 Admit Card
- SMIT 2021 Exam Pattern
- SMIT 2021 Exam Centres
- SMIT 2021 Results
- SMIT 2021 Counselling
- SMIT 2021 Exam Guidelines
- Contact Details
What is SMIT Online Test?
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology was established in 1997 as a constituent college of Sikkim Manipal University that specializes in the fields of STEM education and research.
Exam Date: SMIT Online Test 2021 will be held on Jun 21, 2021 and Jun 22, 2021 for B.Tech courses. Different courses have different dates for the entrance test.
|Exam Name||SMIT Online Test|
|Full form||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Online Test|
|Conducting body||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology|
|Helpdesk||9083254144, 9083254145, 9083254146 [email protected]|
SMIT Online Test 2021 Important Dates
- Registration: The Application Form for UG admission will be available on the official website of Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Admit Card: The admit cards were available a few days after the successful submission of the application form.
- Exam Date: The SMIT Online Test 2021 will be held on Jun 21, 2021 and Jun 22, 2021 at the designated exam centres.
- SMIT Online Test 2021 Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates and for all programmes based on qualified marks on Jun 24, 2021.
|Event||Dates (Jun)||Dates (Jul)|
|Last date of application - SMIT Online Test||Jun 20, 2021||Jul 10, 2021|
|SMIT Online Test (Phase- II)||21-22 June||To be announced|
|Publication of Result||Jun 24, 2021||To be announced|
|Counselling/Admission under various categories (B.Tech)
|SMIT Online||Jun 26, 2021||To be announced|
|JEE - General||Jun 27, 2021|
|JEE - Reserved (Sikkim, Defense, GTA, NE, PMF)||Jun 28, 2021|
2nd round of counselling - JEE / SMIT Online
|Jun 28, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus CSE / CE / EE||Jul 9, 2021|
|ECE / ME / IT||Jul 10, 2021|
|B Tech – Lateral Entry|
|Last date of application||Jun 30, 2021||To be announced|
|Entrance Test||Jul 5, 2021|
|Counselling & Admission||Jul 6, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus||Aug 16, 2021|
|Last date of application||Jun 10, 2021||To be announced|
|BBA - Counselling & Admission Round I||Jun 1, 2021|
|Round II||Jun 22, 2021|
|MBA - GD, PI, Counselling & Admission - MAT/CAT Round I||Jun 14, 2021|
|Round II||Jul 15, 2021|
|MBA - Entrance exam, GD, PI, Counselling & Admission - Others Round I||Jun 15, 2021|
|Round II||Jul 16, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus - BBA||Jul 12, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus - MBA||Aug 16, 2021|
|BCA / MCA /MCA(LE) / M Tech / BSc IT / MSc IT|
|Last date of application||Jun 15, 2021||To be announced|
|BCA / B.Sc IT - Counselling & Admission||Jun 1, 2021|
|Round II||Jun 24, 2021|
|MCA / MCA (LE) / MSc.IT - Entrance test, Counselling & Admission Round I||Jun 14, 2021|
|Round II||Jul 16, 2021|
|M.Tech - Entrance Test||Jul 21, 2021|
|M.Tech - Counselling & Admission||Jul 25, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus - BCA||Jul 12, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus - MCA||Aug 16, 2021|
|M Sc (Phy / Chem / Maths)|
|Last date of application||Jul 13, 2021||To be announced|
|Counselling & Admission||Jul 28, 2021|
|Date of reporting at campus||Aug 16, 2021|
SMIT Online Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For those who are seeking admission for UG courses, must have passed Standard XII (10+2) or Diploma 10+3 or its equivalent, with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology as optional subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (for general)/45% (for PWD/SC/ST) marks from recognized Boards like CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB or university.
- Age Limit: SMIT Online Test 2021 for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses have no upper age limit.
- Domicile: To apply for a course under the Sikkim quota, you should submit the Sikkim Domicile Certificate along with the relevant category certificate from a competent authority. The 20% of the seats are reserved under the Sikkim quote, with a concession of 75% of the Tuition fee.
|B.Tech||Qualifying Exam - JEE Main/ SMIT Online Test/ MET
Class 12 from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a compulsory subject and a minimum of 50% aggregate
|B.Sc||Class 12 or equivalent in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% for North Eastern States ST, SC & OBC candidates)|
Class 12 or equivalent in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% for North Eastern States ST, SC & OBC candidates)
|M.Tech||Qualifying Exam – GATE/ SMIT Online Entrance Test
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field from a recognised institute/ university and a minimum of 55% aggregate
|M.Sc.||BSc Honours in an allied discipline from a recognised institute/ university|
|M.Sc. IT||Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% FOR SC/ ST candidates) and Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the compulsory subjects in Class 12|
|MBA||Qualifying Exam – MAT/ CAT
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate (45% relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)
|MCA||Qualifying Exam – SMIT Online Test
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the compulsory subjects in Class 12
SMIT Online Test 2021 Application Form
- Registration Date: The application form is available on the official website of Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Registration Fee: The candidates have to pay the registration fee of INR 1400/- (for all category candidates) while filling the Application Form.
- Payment Mode: The Application Fee can be paid only through online mode via VISA or MASTERCARD Credit/Debit Card or Netbanking.
|Application Mode||Only Online|
|Registration Fee||INR 1400/-|
|Photograph||JPEG FormatLess than 200KB,Resolution: 200-pixel x 200 pixel|
SMIT Online Test 2021 Admit Card
- Availability: SMIT Online Test 2021 Admit Card will made available on the official website.
- Download: Candidates should download the admit cards from the university website: smu.edu.in.
- Details: The admit card contains the details like Your full name, your address, Test centre address, date of exam, test timing and instructions.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry any one of the government-issued id proof such as Voter Id, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Pan Card, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Instructions: We advise you to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode: SMIT Online Test 2021 will be conducted online
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions & Topics: SMIT Online Test 2021 will consist of 60 questions for 60 marks.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 60 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and no negative marking.
- Medium: The question paper will be in the English language.
- All questions are complusory.
- The total number of questions is 60. Different sections will have a different number of questions
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
Maths - 20
Physics - 15
Chemistry - 15
English - 10
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer
No Negative Marking
SMIT Online Test Centers 2021
- Test Centers: The SMIT Online Test 2021 will take place in 34 exam centres in various centres across India.
Note: In case the number of candidates is less than 10 in any centre, candidates will be allotted to any of the next nearest test centres. And, the university's decisions are final and no objection in this regard is entertained.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Results
- Results: The final results will be declared on the official website, based on qualified marks on Jun 24, 2021.
- Cut-Off: The SMIT Online Test 2021 cut-off is arrived at by keeping a ratio of available seats and your relative performance in the SMIT Online Test 2021. It varies from course to course.
- In case more than one candidate secures the same marks (tie), the tie will be broken by awarding higher rank to the candidate with the higher score in the mathematics section of SMIT online test. If the tie persists, higher score in physics section will determine the higher rank. Subsequently, higher score in chemistry section then score in English section decides the higher rank. In case where all four subjects mentioned above are having equal marks, the candidate senior in age is to be ranked higher.
- In case of any dispute, SMIT’s decision on the rank finalization shall be final and no further communication in this regard will be entertained by the conducting body.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Counseling
- Counselling: Candidates who have qualified in the SMIT Online Test 2021 will be called for the counselling process after the results are announced. The date of the beginning of the counselling is Jun 26, 2021.
Note that, some part of the total fee is required to be deposited at the time of counselling for booking the seat. In addition to the course fee, a Caution Deposit of INR 5000/- is required to be deposited at the time of admission.
- Documents: The mandatory documents to be carried to the counselling are as follows:
- The hard copy of the SMIT Online Test 2021 Score Card.
- Original mark sheet of Class 10 and 12.
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable).
- Few copies of the recent Passport size photograph.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Important Guidelines
SMIT has listed several dos and donts for candidates appearing in the online test. Refer to the guidelines mentioned in brief.
Before Commencement of the Test:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- It is recommended that you reboot your computer/ laptop before beginning to free up memory resources from other programs on your computer.
- This is a webcam enabled test.
- Please note that the web camera can either be built-in to your monitor OR it can be mounted on top of your monitor.
- Check the webcam before the test, it should be in a working condition and web camera must be turned on.
- Check that the web cam picture is in focus. If your picture is out-of-focus, please adjust your web camera settings. Ensure that the web camera will capture your face from the neck upwards. Your entire face must be clearly visible on the web camera during the exam period.
- The picture being captured must not be too dark or too light.
- If the web cam footage captured during your exam attempt does not meet the above criteria, your exam attempt may be deemed invalid, and you may lose the right to give the test.
- Avoid talking/ using headphones/ microphones or any other electronic gadgets during the exam. If any noise gets detected your exam attempt may be deemed invalid, and you may lose the right to give the test.
- Uninstall any third-party software installed on the system for webcam before starting the test.
- Use latest / updated web browser (Mozilla Firefox) only. Allow / Enable pop-ups for exam.applysmit.in.
- Shut down all Instant Messaging tools (Skype, AIM, MSN Messenger, Google talk, yahoo messenger etc) and Email programs as they can conflict with the exam dashboard and the exam dashboard might get deactivated.
- During the exam do not use any other internet browser, it may deactivate your exam dashboard and the exam will end / cancelled.
- Before the commencement of the test, clear all the caches and cookies.
- Maximize your browser window before starting the test.
- Once you are absolutely ready to give the exam, click “Start The Exam” button.
During the Test:
- Do not resize (minimize) the browser during the test.
- Do not press Back or Refresh Button on the browser during the test.
- Click the “Submit” button to submit your exam. Do not press “Enter” on the keyboard to submit the exam.
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Contact Details
- Address:Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT),
Majhitar, Rangpo, Pincode - 737 132,
East Sikkim, India.
- In case you face any technical problems while accessing your application, slot booking and during the test, you may contact us on 9735825555/ 9732947000. For Admission / Counselling contact us on: 9083254144 / 45 / 46.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: smu.edu.in