CLAT PG stands for Common-Law Admission Test for Postgraduate, which is an All-India centralized examination that allows the students to get admission into various postgraduate (PG) courses offered at the 21 National Law Universities in India for the LLM course. Read the below article below, to know more about the CLAT PG 2021.
Latest News on CLAT PG 2021
- CLAT 2021 Application Window Closes By Today 15 June - Published on Jun 15, 2021
- Jun 14, 2021: The Consortium of National Law Universities has announced that CLAT PG 2021 exam will be conducted in an offline mode (pen and paper test) on Jul 23, 2021.
- May 15, 2021: CLAT PG 2021 exam has been postponed due to the rapid rise in COVID-19 cases. Consequently, the last date to apply for the exam is extended to Jun 15, 2021.
- April 29, 2021: The last date to apply for CLAT PG 2021 has been extended to May 15, 2021. Visit CLAT PG Application Form to apply now.
- April 19, 2021: The exam scheduled for June 13 is postponed due to the COVID-19 situation at hand. The new CLAT PG 2021 exam date will be announced in the first week of May 2021.
- What is CLAT PG?
- CLAT PG 2021 Exam Date
- CLAT PG 2021 Eligibility
- CLAT PG 2021 Application Form
- CLAT PG 2021 Syllabus
- CLAT PG 2021 Admit Card
- CLAT PG 2021 Exam Pattern
- CLAT PG 2021 Pre Analysis
- CLAT PG 2021 Result
- CLAT PG 2021 Counselling
- CLAT PG Cut Offs
- Contact Details
What is CLAT PG?
CLAT PG is a gateway for admissions to Master of Laws (LLM) programs in 19 National Law Universities (NLUs). In 2001, the CLAT PG exam was conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala. The CLAT PG 2021 scores are used by other private law colleges across the country and Public Sector Undertakings for admissions and recruitment respectively.
- Organizing Authority: CLAT PG Exam is conducted on a rotational basis by each National Law Universities every year. The eleventh CLAT LLM 2021 is organized by National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO).
- Admission: The Common Law Admission Test PG (CLAT PG) is a centralized test for admission to 19 National Law Universities in India for admissions in post-graduate Law courses.
- Exam: CLAT PG 2021 is a national level law entrance exam conducted every year for screening candidates for as many as 604 seats distributed among the 19 participating NLUs.
- Enrollment: More than 40,000 students apply for CLAT PG exam every year for getting admission to various law colleges in India.
- Frequency: The CLAT PG 2021 exam is conducted once in a year in India.
- Mode: It is an online-based examination.
- Time Duration: 2 hours i.e, 120 minutes.
- Medium: English only.
Candidates can refer to the below table to know about the CLAT PG 2021 Highlights
|CLAT PG 2021 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Common-Law Admission Test PG|
|Acronym||CLAT PG / CLAT LLM|
|Conducting Authority||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)|
|Exam Pattern||150 Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct response
0.25 marks deducted for every incorrect response
0 marks will be deducted for an unattempted question
|Courses||Masters of Law|
CLAT PG 2021 Exam Date
The CLAT PG Exam 2021 will be conducted on Jul 23, 2021. It is advised that the aspirants should follow the CLAT PG 2021 Important Dates before applying.
Applicants can also refer to the below mentioned table to know about the CLAT PG 2021 Important Dates
|CLAT PG 2021||Important Dates|
|Start Date of filling Application Form||Jan 1, 2021|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||Jun 15, 2021|
|Release Date of Admit Card||Jul 15, 2021 (Tentative)|
|CLAT PG 2021 Examination Date||Jul 23, 2021|
|Declaration of results/issue of Merit List||To be announced|
|Start Date of the Counselling process||To be announced|
CLAT PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate's application can be cancelled at any time during the process of admission if the candidate is found to be ineligible for the examination. Applicants must go through the CLAT PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria listed below before filling the application form.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a three-year LLB degree or a three-year integrated LLB degree or an equivalent LLB degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum Aggregate: 55% for General/ OBC/ SAP, and 50% for SC/ST.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for the CLAT PG 2021 exam.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India and NRI students can also apply.
CLAT PG 2021 Application Form
The Conducting authority the National University of Law Odisha, Cuttack has released the application form for CLAT PG 2021 from Jan 1, 2021 to Jun 15, 2021.
Candidates can register for CLAT PG 2021 by paying the CLAT PG 2021 registration fee of INR 4000/- for General category candidates and INR 3500/- for SC/ST/BC category candidates which is payable by credit card/debit card or net banking only.
It is advised that the candidates must read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on “Allow me to apply online” Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in the Application Form of CLAT PG 2021:
- Step 1 - Registration
- Step 2 - Filling the Online Application Form
- Step 3 - Uploading of Scanned Images
- Step 4 - Payment of Application Fee
CLAT PG 2021 Registration
At first, candidates were required to register before they fill the application form of CLAT PG 2021. Candidates were required to open the admission portal of CLAT PG 2021 and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Already registered candidates are not required to register again. Following details are required while registering for the application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
Documents Required during CLAT PG 2021 Registration
Candidates applying for CLAT PG 2021 exam need to upload the documents mentioned below.
- Class 10th Certificate/Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s photograph and signature (That is a photograph in the size of 4KB to 50KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be in the size of 1KB to 30KB in the JPG/JPEG format and upload in the Application Form).
CLAT PG 2021 Syllabus
Candidates need to prepare according to the Syllabus of CLAT PG 2021 while preparing for the examination.
Topics: The syllabus of CLAT PG 2021 will be asked from the following areas of law like Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and other law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, etc.
- Constitutional Law- It includes laws related to the nation etc.
- Jurisprudence- It includes legal systems, legal reasoning, legal institutions, and their role in society.
- Other Law Subjects like Contract Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR- These section includes family laws, cyber law, civil law, etc.
CLAT PG 2021 Admit Card
CLAT PG 2021 Admit Card is one of the most important documents regarding the exam because without the admit card the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates who have successfully submitted the CLAT PG 2021 can download the CLAT PG 2021 admit card from the official website. The CLAT PG 2021 Admit Card will contain all the details like the Candidate's name, roll number, test centre, Test timing, etc.
How to Download CLAT PG Admit Card?
Candidate needs to follow these steps for downloading the CLAT PG 2021 admit card.
- Go to the CLAT PG official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth, and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
CLAT PG 2021 Exam Pattern
The CLAT PG 2021 exam question paper consists of objective type questions for 150 marks. Exam Pattern of an examination should be clearly gone through once while preparing and before appearing for the examination. For an easy understanding about CLAT PG 2021 Exam Pattern, candidates are adivsed to go through the below mentioned table.
|Time Duration||2 hrs|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer, and -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.|
To know about the CLAT PG 2021 Marks Distribution, candidates can refer to the below table.
|Multiple Choice Questions||100|
|Subjective Questions (2 Essay type questions each of 25 marks, 800 words per essay)||50|
CLAT PG 2020 Analysis
Thousands of aspirants from the law field appear for this exam for admissions into the graduate programs at the various law schools and universities across the country. Thus, the CLAT PG exam is highly competitive. Students are required to prepare well to score well and increase their chances of getting admissions into the country's top law universities and colleges. The pre-exam analysis considers the weightage of questions and difficulty levels of the exam from the previous year. Hence, students can refer to the CLAT PG 2020 exam analysis to get an idea of what to expect and prepare accordingly.
Preparation Tips for CLAT PG 2021
CLAT PG 2021 will be given by candidates from the whole India and foreign countries. Since the seats at top LLM programs are limited, the candidates must demonstrate quality efforts in comprehending the questions and concepts for CLAT PG 2021. For instance, you can follow the tips mentioned here:
- Start with basics. Understand the CLAT PG exam concepts, do not lure into tricks and ignore the subject's foundation.
- CLAT PG has descriptive questions; writing in a given time limit is a challenging task. Practice in separate sessions with a lesser time limit.
- Always start your descriptive answers in CLAT PG by outlining the points. Have a framework for each type of essay.
- Try as many mocks as you can appear for CLAT PG 2021.
- Refer to the best books only, do not confuse yourself with multiple books and reference material for CLAT PG.
CLAT PG 2021 Results
CLAT PG 2021 Result will be published by the online mode. The hopefuls will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. The result of the Entrance Exam will be available in pdf format after the examination. The CLAT PG 2021 Result consists of the Roll Number and Name of the Candidate. To qualify the entrance exam, the candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks announced by the authorities. The candidate who will qualify the entrance exam, only that candidate can check his/her ranking in the merit list. Merit list will be declared on the official website of CLAT PG.
- Credential: The Candidate needs to enter the registered email ID and password. Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission process ends.
- Declaration: The result of CLAT PG 2021 will be declared on the official website of CLAT PG.
How to download CLAT PG 2021 Results?
For downloading CLAT PG 2021 Result student need to follow given below steps;
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CLAT PG.
- Step 2: Click on “CLAT PG 2021 Results” link.
- Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
- Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Download the result in PDF format and check your result.
CLAT PG 2021 Counselling
The CLAT PG 2021 Counselling will be done on the basis of CLAT PG 2021 Score/Mark, in order of preference of college, category, branch, number of seats. CLAT PG 2021 Admission in PG programs will be completed by the centralized online counselling conducted by the CLAT PG Office. The candidate needs to submit the CLAT PG 2021 counselling fee of INR 5000 for participating in CLAT PG 2021 Counselling. This mentioned fee structure is based as per the last year's data. Within the time duration candidate needs to lock the institute by doing the fee payment.
- Commencement: The process of CLAT PG 2021 counselling date has not been declared yet.
- Seat Allocation: Candidates who are seeking admission to the LLM course, they must have to appear for the counselling process for final seat allocation.
- The choice filling that the Candidates made while filling the exam form will not be changed.
CLAT PG 2021 Cut Offs
The CLAT PG 2021 Cutoff will consider the minimum marks to be scored by hopefuls for securing admissions into the National Law Universities (NLU). Cut off will be based on the multiple criteria that are-
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- The number of candidates appearing.
- The total number of seats available.
Official Website: clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
Contact: +91 97415 21069, 94825 67257 (Bengaluru), +91 84807 18979 (Odisha) 10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days.
How many students appeared for CLAT PG 2020?
For 2020, there were 632 PG (LLM) seats through the CLAT PG and there will be around 50 PSU posts recruited through the CLAT PG scores. Looking at last year\'s results 5475 candidates actually appeared for the exam and the AIR 1 was at 125 marks and the AIR 5475 was at minus 4.75 marks.
Is CLAT PG Counselling fees refundable?
The counselling fee is not a separate fee but will be adjusted in the admission fees at the time of admission in the allotted NLU. Those candidates who have withdrawn their seats within the last scheduled date will be refunded after deducting Rs.10,000 from the CLAT PG counselling fee.
Can we use the calculator in CLAT PG exam?
No, You are not allowed to carry any books, notebooks, watch calculators, pagers, calculators, cell phones, digital diary, any device with built-in calculator/memory or any other electronics/ recording devices in the CLAT PG examination area. The rough work paper will also be provided to the candidate at the examination center.
Which NLU will conduct CLAT PG 2021?
CLAT PG 2021(Common Law Admission Test) is an All India common entrance test which is conducted on a rotational basis by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programs.
Is CLAT PG 2021 online or offline?
CLAT PG to roll back to the offline mode from 2021. In the view of technical glitches experienced in the last few years in conducting online Common Law Admission Test PG (CLAT PG) exam, Nalsar announced that 2021 onwards students will appear for the exam in the paper-pen mode.