The JK NEET counselling 2023 begins with a mock exercise to make the actual process understandable for the candidates. Candidates must register themselves through the official website by the last date.
JK NEET counselling 2023 will be administered by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE). The counselling process will be conducted in three rounds for MBBS/BDS admissions offered by JK institutions. However, the 2nd and the mop-up rounds of the JK NEET 2023 Counselling will take place only if seats remain vacant after the completion of the first round of counselling.
The authorities will release a merit list that includes the names of eligible candidates. For candidates to be eligible for NEET JK 2023 counselling, they must have successfully filled out the JK NEET application form 2023 and have their names listed on the state merit list.
|J&K NEET Merit List 2023||NEET Result 2023|
Table of Contents
- JK NEET Counselling 2023 Dates
- JK NEET Counselling Process 2023
- JK NEET 2023 Counselling Fee
- JK NEET Counselling 2023 Document Checklist
- JK NEET 2023 Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- JK NEET Counselling 2023 Key Features
- Reservation for JK NEET Counselling 2023
- JK MBBS/BDS 2023 Counselling Upgradation Round/Second Round
- JK NEET Counselling 2023 Participating Institutions
JK NEET Counselling 2023 Dates
It is important to keep track of the JK MBBS/BDS counselling dates so that you do not miss out on any of the major deadlines. The table below shows the detailed schedule of JK NEET counselling 2023:
|Availability of online application form||Jul 19, 2023|
|Last date for registration||Jul 23, 2023|
|Verification of documents begins||Jul 19 to 23, 2023|
|Provisional state merit list||Jul 2023|
|Counselling for the first round||Jul 2023|
|First-round counselling results||Jul 2023|
|Counselling for the second round||Aug 2023|
|Second-round counselling results||Aug 2023|
|Round three counselling||Aug 2023|
|Mop-up counselling round||Aug 2023|
|Last date to report to the designated college||Aug 2023|
|NEET MBBS Seats in Government Medical Colleges 2023||Documents Required for NEET Counselling 2023|
JK NEET Counselling Process 2023
Before the JK MBBS/BDS 2023 counselling begins, JKBOPEE will conduct a mock exercise so that candidates can become familiar with the process. Candidates can check out the step-by-step process of JK NEET counselling 2023 below:
Step 1: Log in
Firstly, candidates need to log into the online portal by entering their login credentials which were used previously while filling out the JK NEET 2023 application form.
Step 2: Filling out Choices
The next step is to fill out the choices of colleges and courses based on your preferences. Moreover, candidates will be given the option to delete or rearrange their choices. Note that it is compulsory to fill in at least one preferred course/college. The candidate who misses out on this step will not be permitted to proceed with the admission process.
Step 3: Announcement of Results
Depending on the choices of courses and colleges, availability of seats, and reservation criteria, the authorities will declare the JK NEET counselling 2023 results. The result of every round of the counselling process will be released separately. Applicants are advised to keep a printout of the counselling result for future reference.
Step 4: Reporting at the Assigned College
Lastly, candidates will be assigned seats based on the JK NEET 2023 counselling process. It is required that they report to the allocated colleges within the given time duration with all the mandatory documents to conclude the admission process. Failure to report within the due dates will disqualify candidates from further JK NEET admissions.
JK NEET 2023 Counselling Fee
Aspirants must pay the required fee to participate in the counselling process for JK MBBS/BDS admissions. Here are the counselling fee and payment mode details for candidates’ reference:
|JK NEET 2023 counselling fee||Rs. 1,500|
|Payment mode||Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card|
JK NEET Counselling 2023: Document Checklist
The following documents must be furnished by the applicants during the counselling process to secure admission to JK MBBS/BDS colleges:
- NEET admit card 2023
- NEET scorecard 2023
- Passing certificate of 10th and 12th grade
- Mark sheet of 12th grade
- JK NEET 2023 application form
- DOB certificate
- Valid ID proof
- Domicile certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Poor and backward certificate, if applicable
- Certificate for children of defence personnel, if applicable
- Certificate concerning children of permanent residents of paramilitary forces/state police personnel who are serving in JK, if applicable
- Sports category certificate issued by Secretary, Jammu & Kashmir sports council (for children who possess remarkable sports competencies)
|NEET Cut Off Marks for Government Colleges||NEET Cut Off for SC Category|
JK NEET 2023 Counselling Eligibility Criteria
One must comply with certain eligibility criteria to be able to participate in the counselling procedure. The eligibility criteria for JK NEET counselling 2023 are briefly explained below:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir, as specified in Section 6 of the Constitution.
- The candidate should have completed class 12th/equivalent from a recognised institution with core subjects like physics, biology, and chemistry.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2022.
- The applicant should have qualified for NEET 2023 by achieving more than or equal to the cutoff scores.
JK NEET Counselling 2023 Key Features
Take a look at some of the salient features pertaining to JK NEET Counselling 2023:
- A mock round will be conducted by the authorities to give aspirants a fair idea of the actual JK MBBS/BDS 2023 counselling process.
- Eligible candidates are recommended to refer to the merit list of the previous year to get an idea of the merit scores.
- While filling out the preferences form for JK NEET counselling 2023, candidates should choose their most preferred course along with the college of preference first, followed by second, third, fourth, etc.
- Applicants are required to pay the counselling fee to attend the JK MBBS/BDS counselling procedure.
- Post submitting the JK MBBS/BDS counselling preference form; aspirants must download it and take at least one printout of the form for future purposes.
Read More: NEET Counselling 2023
Reservation for JK NEET Counselling 2023
Shown below is the reservation percentage for different categories in JK NEET counselling 2023:
|Category||Reservation (in percentage)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Gujjars and Bakerwals||2%|
|Residents of District Leh||2%|
|Residents of District Kargil||1%|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes/Social Castes (OSC)||2%|
|Residents of the Area Adjoining the Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3%|
|Residents of Backward Areas (RBA)||20%|
|Children of Para-military Forces and State Police Personnel||1%|
|Children of Defence Personnel||3%|
|Candidates Possessing Outstanding Proficiency in Sports (SP)||2%|
JK MBBS/BDS 2023 Counselling Upgradation Round/Second Round
The second round of counselling will be conducted in case there are vacant seats after 1st round of JK NEET counselling 2023. For this counselling round, candidates must consider the following points:
- Applicants who have been allotted a seat in round one can opt to attend the upgradation round if they are ready to give up their present seat. Such applicants will need to enter new choices in the preference form.
- Hence, the vacated seat will be included in the seat matrix for the upgradation round of JK MBBS/BDS 2023 counselling.
- Candidates who were not assigned a seat in the first round will be eligible to attend the second round, where they can fill in fresh choices.
- Authorities may reopen the registration window for the second round if the number of seats exceeds the number of eligible applicants.
|BDS Cut off 2023 for Government Colleges||NEET Cutoff for BDS 2023|
JK NEET Counselling 2023 Participating Institutions
Now that you know the detailed process of JK MBBS/BDS counselling check out the major participating institutes and the number of seats offered by them.
|College Name||Seat Intake|
|Government Medical College, Srinagar||150|
|SKIMS Medical College, Srinagar||100|
|Government Medical College, Kathua||100|
|Government Medical College, Jammu||150|
|Government Medical College, Anantnag||100|
|ASCOMS, Sidhra, Jammu||100|
|Government Dental College, Srinagar||50|
|Institute of Dental Sciences, Jammu||100|
|Government Indira Gandhi Dental College, Jammu||50|
|Government Medical College, Rajouri||100|
|Government Medical College, Baramulla||100|