How to Crack JEE Main without coaching? Aspirants can begin their preparation by focusing on what is being taught in school, such as solving questions from NCERT texts, as it can prepare aspirants for JEE Main 2024 exam.
Cracking JEE Main without coaching depends entirely on the candidates' willingness to achieve a seat in top engineering colleges in the country. In addition, the fees charged by the coaching classes are sometimes not affordable.
The NTA is conducting the JEE Main examination for two sessions this year. The first session will take place from Jan 24 to Feb 2, 2024. Afterwards, the NTA will conduct session 2 from Apr 1 to 15, 2024. The cutoff will be counted after tallying the scores of the two sessions, and the JEE Main results will be declared accordingly.
Table of Contents
- How to Prepare for the JEE Main Without Coaching?
- Begin your Preparation Early
- Concentrate on School Education
- Practice Learning from NCERTs
- Design a Proper Time-Table
- Get Familiar with the Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Refer to the Recommended Books
- Practice from the Previous Years' Question Papers
- Inculcate the Habit of Mock Tests
- Take Help from the Internet
- Don't Give Up
- Tips from JEE Main Toppers
How to Prepare for the JEE Main Without Coaching?
While pursuing engineering, the JEE Main is the most common entrance exam that students appear for. Every year thousands of candidates apply for the JEE Main. However, not everyone is capable of taking up coaching classes. Therefore, we have listed down points that have proven successful while preparing for the JEE Main without coaching classes.
1. Begin your Preparation Early
The foremost and influential way to start preparing is to begin early. When a candidate determines to prepare by themselves, there has to be a selective approach for the study. The candidate should outline their strategies for preparing. This is one of the best ways you can resolve the query of "How to clear JEE Main without coaching?".
2. Concentrate on School Education
Candidates must devote all their attention to classroom teaching. The most dependable way to succeed without the JEE Main coaching is to primarily channel the focus on what is being taught in the classroom. It will increase the candidate's mindfulness and keep them focused. Additionally, teachers can also solve the candidate's problem and encourage them in the proper approach.
Also Read: JEE Main Login 2024
3. Practice Learning from NCERTs
The most reliable way to organise for the JEE Main without coaching is to follow NCERT thoroughly. It will create a strong foundation, and questions from NCERT are common, especially when it comes to physics and chemistry. In addition, NCERT books are considered brilliant sources of information for the JEE Main.
4. Design a Proper Time-Table
It is vital to construct a detailed timetable and stick to it. For the JEE Main exam preparation, it is required to set priorities properly. Setting a precise timetable is one of them. It is also considered beneficial for a selective approach. By this, the candidates can determine which subject needs more attention.
Also Read: JEE Main Information Brochure 2024
5. Get Familiar with the Exam Pattern and Syllabus
While planning to appear for the JEE Main without coaching, it is crucial to know the exam pattern and syllabus in detail. In addition, it will help in familiarising topics that are needed to be included for preparation. Therefore, ensure that the exam syllabus is known and try to complete the syllabus two months before the examination. To know more about the syllabus, visit JEE Main Syllabus.
6. Refer to the Recommended Books
Simultaneously with the NCERTs, follow the books that are suggested for the preparation of the JEE Main. It will ensure that candidates understand the topics and leave no pages unturned since they are preparing without coaching. Candidates are also encouraged to follow the success stories of the students who have already cracked the JEE Main and refer to the books they suggest. It can prove to be advantageous. Here is a list of books that we have curated; visit JEE Main Reference Books.
Read More: Time Table for JEE Main 2024 Preparation
7. Practice from the Previous Years' Question Papers
Another vital step while planning for the JEE Main Examination without the help of coaching is to follow the previous year's question papers. It helps in knowing the pattern of the question, which part carries what number of marks. The candidates can adequately analyse their weaknesses and work on improving them. Additionally, this will increase the knowledge of the JEE main exam structure. Visit JEE Main Previous Year Papers to get the question papers from the previous sessions.
8. Inculcate the Habit of Mock Tests
The most effective way to scan for strengths and weaknesses is to take mock tests at regular intervals. It has proved to be practical and necessary for proper preparation when attempting the JEE Main without the help of coaching. There are various sources over the internet that conduct mock test series. Candidates are suggested to take up the tests at regular intervals and post that analyse, and act on their areas of weakness.
Also Check: JEE Main Mock Test 2024
9. Take Help from the Internet
These days the internet offers help for all kinds of problems. In case candidates stumble across any issues, they can render service from the internet. Moreover, candidates can easily find out the question paper details, syllabus and exam pattern.
10. Don't Give Up
For every successful story ever made, there were roadblocks. While planning for the JEE Main examination, candidates may face specific challenges and feel like giving up. But, meeting those challenges and improving is what is necessary. Try to make notes while planning, follow the timetable, avoid skipping studying, and, most importantly, practice makes a man perfect. Hence, candidates are recommended to dedicate all their attention holistically to the preparation for the examination.
Also Read: JEE Main Number of Attempts 2024
Tips from JEE Main Toppers
The tips from the toppers who have successfully cracked the JEE Main examination without the help of coaching are vital. Following these may yield higher marks. We have listed them below:
- Start your preparation right after completing the class X board examination.
- Follow NCERT during the preparation process. It will help achieve high-grade marks in the Class XII board examination and be advantageous for the JEE Main preparation.
- Always clear the doubts. No matter small or big, taking help from teachers will always solve the doubt.
- Stick to the timetable. Wake up early and practise yoga to improve attention. Follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Revise the syllabus periodically. Keep a day reserved in the week only for revision.
- Always be attentive, and give importance to small details.
- While appearing for a mock test, try and manage the time judiciously. These will help in the JEE Main examination.
Read More: JEE Main Toppers Preparation Tips 2024