Want to change JEE Mains 2021 exam centre? Here ends your search. We will help you with the complete process. Follow the step-by-step procedure as mentioned in this article to change JEE Main exam centre.
If you want to edit or change the exam centre for the JEE Main, this option is available. NTA releases the correction window every year just for this reason. So you can head to the website, log in and make the necessary changes. The steps involved in changing the exam centres for the JEE Mains are step-by-step listed below:
- As the first step, you have to head to the official JEE Mains site.
- Then the application form link will appear. Click on it.
- Then, update the specified rows with the credentials like application form, application no., password, and security pin in the area given. Click on ‘Sign in’.
- Once the window for correction appears, you can select ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ to alter or modify data according to your need.
- It would be best if you chose your JEE Main centre which is near to you.
- You cannot change any information after the deadline mentioned by the conducting authorities.
How to Choose the JEE Mains Exam Centre?
Choosing an exam centre for the JEE Mains is an important decision. It would be best if you opted for the centre that is near to you. The conducting authority will provide you with the options for selecting your centre. Here are the steps to follow on how to select an exam centre:
- While filling up the JEE Mains form, you will be given four exam centres in order of preference from the list of exam centres available.
- You will be allotted centres according to your choice by NTA.
- NTA provides the last slot of the exam in the very city if the particular centre has less than 30 students.
- JEE Mains will be conducted in CBT mode this year. The option of attempting the exam in Hindi and English will be available. You can choose according to your preference.
- For Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati.
State wise List of JEE Mains Exam Centres
Here is the list of states where the JEE Mains is conducted and the city name and their respective codes.
|State||City-Wise Code||City||State||City-Wise Code||City||State||City-Wise Code||City|
|Arunachal Pradesh||AL01||Itanagar||Lakshadweep (UT)||LD01||Kavaratti||Uttarakhand||UK01||Dehradun|
|Andaman & Nicobar||AN01||Port Blair||MP05||Chhindwara||UP02||Aligarh|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||DD01||Daman & Diu||MR20||Navi Mumbai||TN04||Dindigul|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||DN01||Dadra Nagar Haveli||MR22||Pune||TN06||Kanyakumari|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK01||Baramulla||PB06||Mohali||KL13||Malappuram|
|KK03||Bellary||Puducherry (UT)||PO01||Puducherry||Himachal Pradesh||HP01||Bilaspur (hp)|
Read More: JEE Mains Exam Centres
Documents Permitted Inside the JEE Main Exam Centre
The documents you are authorized to take inside the examination hall are minimal and essential. All of them are listed below:
- The admit card is the most valuable document for your examination. Take a print of the admit card from NTA's official website and carry it along.
- Carry one recent photograph (passport size). You have to stick your photo on the attendance sheet.
- Additionally, carry one of your original photo identity proof. It can be PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Holder Card with photograph/ Class 12 admit card issued for the board examination with photograph/ Passbook of Bank with Photograph.
- In case of physical disability, carry the PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer.
Forbidden Items Inside the JEE Main Exam Centre
The following items are prohibited inside the JEE Main Exam centres. If you lose any of the mentioned below items, the organizing authority will not take responsibility.
- Inside the examination centre, you cannot carry your mobile phones, earphones, microphones or pager.
- Any electronic device like a watch, including electronic watches with a calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets, calculator, slide rules, log tables, camera or tape recorder, is not permitted inside the examination premises.
- Food items are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall.
- You are not permitted to carry a geometry box/ pencil box, handbag and purse.
- Any bills, stationery or text material are not approved.
- Permission to carry any rough paper is not allowed. Under any circumstances you need one, the organizing authority will provide it.
JEE Mains Exam Centre - Key Highlights
The JEE Mains is one of the usually opted admission tests while opting for Engineering. Every year a toll of students appear for this exam. It is conducted session wise. Here are a few highlights of the JEE Mains exam centre.
- You can only alter the centre and city choice if you have already registered for the exam.
- Seats will be allotted to you according to your choice of the city only if there are seats.
- If there is some administrative problem in the city you prefer, NTA may allot your seat in some other place, and you cannot alter it.
- You can make no changes after the correction facility is closed.
- No correction is possible concerning the JEE Mains exam centres after the window for correction is closed.
- You can contact the officials through the following numbers in case of any emergency:
JEE Mains Exam Schedule
JEE Mains exam for April and May was postponed due to the pandemic. The updated dates with the schedule for the events are mentioned below:
|Events||February session||March Session||Rescheduled for April Session||Rescheduled for May Session|
|Application Start Date||16 December 2020||2 March 2021||6 July 2021||9 July 2021|
|Application Window Closing Date||23 January 2021||9 March 2021||8 July 2021||14 July 2021|
|Form Correction||27- 30 January 2021||9 March 2021||6- 8 July 2021||9- 14 July 2021|
|Admit Card||11 February 2021||11 March 2021||14 July 2021||22 August 2021|
|Exam Date 2021||23- 26 February 2021||16- 18 March 2021||20- 27 July 2021||26 August 2021 - 2 September 2021|
|Results||Paper 1: 8 March 8 2021Paper 2: 18 March 2021||24 March 2021||6 August 2021||To be announced|