Looking forward to pursuing a Master of Computer Application (MCA) from a reputed institute? The National Institute of Technology (NIT) conducts NIMCET, a national level exam, every year for all the aspirants. Candidates qualifying in the NIMCET 2021 can join for MCA course in any one of the 10 participating NIT.
- December 21, 2020: The third round seat allotment list for admissions through NIMCET 2020 Counselling is released. Visit the NIMCET Counselling page for more details.
- December 11, 2020: The second round seat allotment list is released.
- December 2, 2020: The document verification process for the NIMCET 2020 Counselling Process has started. The last date to verify documents is December 7, 2020.
- What is NIMCET?
- NIMCET 2021 Exam Dates
- NIMCET 2021 Eligibility
- NIMCET 2021 Application Process
- NIMCET 2021 Application Form
- NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
- NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
- NIMCET 2021 Exam Centres
- NIMCET 2021 Answer Key
- NIMCET 2021 Result
- NIMCET 2021 Cutoff
- NIMCET Selection Process
- NIMCET 2021 Counselling
- How to prepare for NIMCET?
- NIMCET 2021 Reference Books
- NIMCET Coaching Centres
- NIMCET Colleges
- Guidelines for NIMCET
- NIMCET Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is NIMCET?
About NIMCET: The NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is a National Level Entrance Test conducted every year by the National Institute of Technology (NITs) for admission into Master of Computer Application (MCA) program in the participating institutes. Around 25,000 students appear for the exam, out of which 850+ students secure seats in various NITs.
NIMCET is usually conducted in the month of May, but it got postponed due to the pertaining pandemic situation. The exam would be conducted by the National Institute of Technology, Raipur, this year. This is done on a rotational basis. The exam is conducted offline i.e Pen and Paper-based and it will be conducted in 21 centres across the country.
Participating Institute: National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Agartala, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Warangal, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Highlights
The exam details relevant to NIMCET 2021 exam is tabulated below:
|Exam Name||National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||To be confirmed (2021)|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Course Offered||Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|Mode of Paper||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Number of Question||120|
|Sections||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General English, and Mathematics|
|Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
4 marks awarded for the correct answer
1 mark deducted for the incorrect response
|Medium of Paper||English|
NIMCET 2021 Exam Date
NIMCET is expected to take place on October 16, 2021 and the result announcement will be scheduled on November 6, 2021. However, the official dates are yet to be confirmed. NIMCET 2021 results will be expectedly declared after the exams are held and will be published at the official website of the conducting NIT. The counselling process will start after the results are declared and will be conducted online. All the upcoming important dates will be updated once the official notifications are out. The NIMCET Important Dates are given below.
|Official NIMCET 2021 Notification Release||February 27, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Online Registration Start Date||February 27, 2021|
|Last date of NIMCET 2021 Registration||June 12, 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||October 9, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Exam date||October 16, 2021|
|Publication of NIMCET 2021 Results||November 6, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Choice Filling||To be announced|
|The first round of NIMCET Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|The second round of NIMCET Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|The third round of Seat NIMCET Allotment||To be announced|
|NIMCET 2021 Class Commencement||To be announced|
Change of NIMCET 2021 Exam Centres
In lieu of multiple requests regarding the change of exam centres, the exam official provide the option to change of exam centres on the official portal of NIMCET 2021. Only those candidates can change the exam centres who have applied for the NIMCET 2021 exam. Candidates having incomplete application/or no payment will not be considered. Candidates must remember that no further changes will be entertained beyond the given time.
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility
There are certain requirements that are set by the exam conducting body for the candidates who are willing to apply for the NIMCET 2021. Candidates must ensure that they are meeting all the requirements before applying for the exam. These are the eligibility criteria laid down by the exam conducting body. Candidates should check if they fulfil the criteria or not.
The candidates must have passed B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT (Three Years of Duration) with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) or the candidates must have passed BE/ B.Tech from a recognized University. There is no percentage bar for BE/ B.Tech degree holders.
Candidates in the final year of their graduation can also apply provided that they should be able to produce a certificate from the institute in which they are studying.
The candidate should be at least 20 years old in order to apply for NIMCET 2021.
Note: Candidates who have completed their graduation from Open universities are also eligible for appearing in NIMCET 2021 provided that their university should be approval from UGC/ AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India. Know more about NIMCET 2021 Eligibility.
NIMCET 2021 Application Process
A candidate aspiring to appear for the NIMCET 2021 exam must complete the application process before the deadline. The admit card is issued for only those candidates who successfully register and make the payment before the specified date. The step by step process to complete the NIMCET 2021 application form is given below.
- Candidates have to first visit the official website of the conducting body of NIMCET 2021 and click on the ‘‘New Registration” link to create a new user account.
- In the “New User Registration” page, the candidates must fill all the fields properly.
- Candidates need to ensure that a valid e-mail ID and a 10 digits mobile number should be entered in the respective places.
- An email will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate containing a link to generate your own password and a security question. Candidates must remember the email ID, password, security answer, and mobile number, entered in the application form till the end of the NIMCET 2021 process.
Login and enter details
- Enter the Application ID and password so formed to log into the site and fill the application form.
- In the application form, the candidate should fill all the mandatory personal and academic details (fields marked “Mandatory” must not be ignored). After filling the details, choose the three test centres in order of preference.
- Candidate should also enter their marks/ CGPA obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including the languages, the optional and any additional subjects studied.
- After filling in the NIMCET 2021 Application Form, the candidate has to upload all the relevant documents such as the Candidate's passport size photograph, scanned copy of the signature, proof of identity and date of birth (10th mark sheet), and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s)
Complete the payment
- After the candidate has completed the application filling process, he/she will be directed to the payment portal where they need to pay the NIMCET 2021 application fee.
- The candidates are advised to download a soft copy of the completed application form and also keep a printed copy of the same for the counselling and admission process.
NIMCET 2021 Application Form
Once the conducting authority is confirmed, the official notification will be released with the important dates of NIMCET 2021. It is expected that the NIMCET 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website from February 27, 2021 until June 12, 2021.
Candidates must pay the registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) through the NIMCET 2021 website only. There is no offline method for fee payment. The details of application fees for the different category is as follows:
|General/ OBC/EWS||INR 2500|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 1250|
Documents Required to apply for NIMCET 2021
Scanned copy of the following documents is required:
- Recent passport size colour photograph with the size between 50 KB and 150 KB.
- The candidate's signature, the size should be between 50 KB and 150 KB. The signature should be made by Royal blue or Black colour ink.
- Class X, XII, and Graduation mark sheets. The maximum size can be 500 KB.
- Valid ID proof (with the candidate's photograph).
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
It is essential that all aspiring candidates are aware of the NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern so they can prepare accordingly. The exam pattern is discussed below for candidates' reference:
- Exam Mode: NIMCET 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
- Exam Duration: The total time provided to the candidates to complete the paper will be 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- Total Number of Sections: The paper will be divided into four sections that are Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General English, and Mathematics.
- Type of Questions: The exam paper will comprise of Multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme for NIMCET 2021 is given below:
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- There will deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
- No deduction of marks will be there for unattempted questions.
- Paper Medium: Candidates can write the NIMCET paper in the English language only.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
Check more details on NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern.
- Since negative marking is there for wrong answers and there is no deduction of marks on leaving questions, the candidate is advised to attempt the question only if he/she is confident of its favourable outcome.
- If the candidate marks more than one answer for any question, the answer will be considered invalid and one mark will be deducted per question.
- The answer marked in Blue or Black ink will only be considered as valid.
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 must have an idea about the exam pattern and syllabus to fetch more marks and crack the exam. The syllabus of NIMCET includes Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, General English, and Computer Awareness respectively. The detailed subject wise syllabus for NIMCET 2021 is mentioned below.
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles)
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), the structure of instructions
in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, Integers, and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal
representations, Binary Arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, Truth tables,
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
This section will consist of logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card is expected to be available on the official website from October 9, 2021. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of NIMCET. The admit card contains the details such as Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Exam Date, Exam Venue, Photograph, and Signature.
The candidate must bring the admit card at the Exam centre as entry without the admit card is prohibited. Also, if the candidate is able to clear the exam, he/she must bring the NIMCET 2021 Admit Card at the Counselling Centre/ Remote Reporting Centre and the Participating Institute.
Note: Admit Cards will only be issued online and will not be sent to the candidates individually by post.
How to Download the NIMCET 2021 Admit Card?
The Admit Card can be downloaded by the candidate using the following procedure:
- To download the Admit Card, candidates must visit the official site of NIMCET 2021.
- Use the registered e-mail ID and the password to log in.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates should check whether the details given on the admit card are correct or not.
- Download the admit card and get it printed.
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card Contents
The admit card of NIMCET contains these details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Application/Registration Number
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Date and time of exam
- Address of the test centre
- Instructions for the exam
In case of discrepancy in details, candidates must contact the authorities to get them corrected.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Centres
NIMCET is conducted in 22 different cities across India. Candidates have to choose three different centres in the order of their priority. The different NIMCET 2021 exam centres are:
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
A particular centre may be cancelled if there are not enough candidates opting for that centre. In this case, the next preferred centre in candidate's order of priority will be given to the candidate. However, in a situation where not even one of the choices that the candidate filled is available (which is unlikely to happen), the centre which is located nearest to the candidate's actual choice will be given to him/her.
Documents Required at the Exam Centre
Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the admit card to the exam centre without fail.
NIMCET 2021 Answer Key
The conducting body, i.e., one of the 11 participating NITs will publish the NIMCET 2021 Answer Key at the official website. The answer key will be released online soon after the commencement of the exam. With the help of NIMCET 2021 Answer Key, candidates can check their answer and evaluate their scores in the qualifying exam. The authority also provides an option for the candidates to submit their objection against the answer key in case if they came across any wrong answer. For raising an objection against the answer key, they need to pay an amount to the authority within the specified date. The authority releases the final answer key after the raised objections are resolved. Candidates can download the answer key by visiting the official website.
How to download the NIMCET 2021 Answer Key?
The steps to download the answer key from the official website are listed below:
- Visit the official website of NIMCET.
- Click on Download NIMCET 2021 Answer Key.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth.
- The screen will display the answer key.
- Download the NIMCET 2021 Answer Key.
To submit objections, read the notice here.
NIMCET 2021 Result
NIMCET 2021 Result will be declared in the form of scorecard on the official website for all the candidates. A candidate should compulsorily score more than zero in both Mathematics section and overall, in order to qualify the exam.
The marks that the candidate got in different subjects will be multiplied by weights to normalise the total. The marks in Mathematics, A & L Reasoning, computer awareness and English will be multiplied by 3, 1.5, 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000. The candidate will be ranked on the basis of weighted marks that the candidate got.
Tie Breaking: In case of a tie, the candidate who got more weighted marks in Mathematics will be given preference, if still there is a tie then preference would be given to the candidate with more weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
How to Download the NIMCET Result?
The following steps will help the candidate to download the result:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of NIMCET 2021.
- Click on the link and you'll be directed to the "Result" link.
- Enter your credentials such as the admit card number and password to log into your account.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download the scorecard displayed on the screen and take a print out of it.
- This scorecard should be taken to the counselling.
NIMCET 2021 Cutoff
The NIMCET 2021 Cutoff depends upon numerous factors. The number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam and the number of seats available are some important factors on which Cutoff depends.
Moreover, it also depends upon the category of the candidate and varies from one institute to another. Last year NIT Agartala had the highest cutoff and NIT Warangal had the lowest cutoff for the NIMCET Exam. The expected cutoff for NIMCET 2021 exam for the open category candidates are listed below:
Name of NIT
Last Rank Range (For Open Category Candidates)
650 – 670
200 – 220
296 – 319
240 – 265
456 – 470
500 – 525
520 – 545
630 – 649
167 – 180
30 – 40
80 – 105
NIMCET Selection Process
After the declaration of results, the candidate has to proceed for counselling. Candidate has to fill his/her preference regarding the institute in which the candidate wants to take admission. Then based on the candidate's score and preference, an institute will be allotted to him/her. The candidate must physically report there for the further process after which the candidate will be granted admission into that college.
NIMCET 2021 Qualifying Criteria
Candidates will be summoned for the NIMCET 2021 seat allotment process only if they qualify the NIMCET 2021 qualifying criteria. The qualifying criteria of NIMCET are discussed below:
- The marks secured in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½, 2 and 1 respectively.
- The maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Candidates must remember that the ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by an aspirant.
- In case of a tie between the candidates, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case of the tie is still not resolved, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the NIMCET 2021 cut off by scoring above the qualifying marks will be summoned for the NIMCET 2021 Counselling process which will be held after the results. Candidates have to log in to the official site and lock their institute choice before the admission process starts.
Once the institute has been locked, it cannot be changed under any circumstance. The seat will be finally given on the basis of the candidate's rank and his/her preference. Candidates are required to pay INR 10,000 as counselling fees, through the official site.
The counselling procedure involves the following steps:
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Personally Reporting at any Remote/ Participating Institute and Online Seat Allotment
- Getting Admitted to the Allotted Institute
If the candidate wishes to proceed for the second round of counselling following steps are to be taken:
- Surrendering of Seats by the Candidates
- Fresh Choice Filling and Final Round of Allotment
How to prepare for NIMCET?
Mathematics contributes 200 marks out of 480 in the paper. Thus a good grip on maths is a must in this exam. The candidate should practice a lot of questions related to mathematics that too in a time-bound manner. Moreover, regular practice of reasoning questions can help the candidate to score good marks.
NIMCET Previous Year Question Paper
Solving the previous year question papers gives candidates a kind of live experience of the actual question paper. Also, it helps him/her to analyse the pattern of the paper and the areas in which the candidate is lacking.
NIMCET Mock test
Start doing mock test questions, as soon as your syllabus gets completed for NIMCET 2021. It will familiarise you with the pattern of the exam.
NIMCET 2021 Reference Books
Apart from practising previous year papers and mock tests, candidates must study and practise question from good reference books as well. Since there are 4 subjects in NIMCET 2021, candidates must refer books for each subject - Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, General English and Computer awareness.
The list of a few reference books for each subject is given below.
- MCA Entrance Solved Papers by Amit.M.Agarwal
- A Comprehensive Guide for MCA Entrance Examination by Dr R.S Aggarwal & Deepak Aggarwal
- MCA Entrances Solved Papers by Arihant Publications
- Guide to MCA Entrance by Dr Sakti Pada Nanda
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Soumya Ranjan Behera
- Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts
- Analytical Reasoning Session by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition Book by Wren & Martin
- Objective General English Arihant Latest Edition by S.P. Bakshi
NIMCET Coaching Institutes
Various coaching institutes are there for NIMCET in the country. Some of them are as follows:
- Brilliant Academy of Learning
- Jitendra Mishra Academy
- Unik Foundation
Participating Institutes for NIMCET
The table below shows all the participating institutes and the number of MCA seats for all the category candidates.
|1||National Institute of Technology, Agartala||40|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||96|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||115|
|4||National Institute of Technology, Calicut||48|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||40|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||115|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||76|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Raipur||118|
|9||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal||68|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)||115|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Warangal||58|
ID Proof: Candidates will have to produce an original ID proof with NIMCET 2021 Admit card for verification (For example, employee ID, driving license, passport, pan card, voter ID, Aadhar card or valid college ID).
Mandatory Documents: Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 examination must carry the NIMCET 2021 Admit Card and original valid photo-identity proof to the exam centre.
Legitimate Photograph & Signature: Candidates are advised to take a clearly legible, preferably colour printout of the admit card on an A4 size paper. The Admit card is valid only if the candidate's photograph and signature images are legitimate and are according to the instructions.
Candidates shouldn't be late: No candidate will be allowed to enter the NIMCET 2021 examination hall 30 minutes after the commencement of the exam.
Verification of Details: Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination only after their NIMCET 2021 credentials are verified by the centre officials.
NIMCET Contact Details
Candidates appearing for NIMCET 2021 can contact at the following address of the conducting authority for further details/enquiries.
National Institute of Technology Raipur,
Raipur G. E. Road, Raipur – 492010, Chhattisgarh
|Phone Number||+91 73035 20035|