GOAPS is the web portal that handles the application process for the GATE exam. Get complete details on GOAPS 2021 Login, Registration, Admit Card, Results, Official Website, Response Sheet and more.
GATE is a competitive nation-wide examination that is conducted once every year. The application process for the same is handled by the GOAPS. It is always good to know as much as you can about something, and this article will tell you everything that you need to know about the GOAPS.
Latest Update: GATE 2021 Admit Card is available for download from January 8, 2021.
What is GOAPS?
Full Form of GOAPS is GATE Online Application Processing System, which is a common platform for candidates to interact with the conducting authority of GATE exam. GOAPS can be accessed through the website: appsgate.iitd.ac.in. GOAPS helps the candidates with the whole process of GATE exam from registration of the candidate to results. The following activities are enabled by GOAPS:
- Registration of GATE account
- Online application form for GATE exam
- Uploading documents and images required for the application process like a signature, photograph, category certificate, and academic qualification certificates.
- Payment of application fee online through net banking, and debit or credit card.
- Checking the status of the application form whether the authority has received, accepted or denied it.
- Downloading the Admit card for the GATE examination.
- Downloading the answer key and challenging the answers through it.
- Payment fee for challenging the answer key
- Tracking the challenge status
- Downloading the GATE results
- Contact details for queries or any issues regarding GATE
GOAPS - GATE Exam
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance examination conducted for candidates who want to pursue their post-graduation in an engineering course or get recruited by Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). By taking this examination, the candidate’s understanding of undergraduate subjects in engineering and science is tested. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and 7 Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs).
The exam is conducted for 3 hours and consists of multiple-choice and numerical questions. Lakhs of candidates apply for the GATE examination and applications are available through the web portal for GATE called GOAPS.
The GATE 2021 exam will be conducted from February 5, 2021 to February 14, 2021.
Details required for the application process through GOAPS
Before you fill out your application form online, keep the following documents or information handy to ease the application process.
- Personal information of the candidate which includes their name, date of birth, mobile number, and parents’ name. Candidates should ensure the fill in the correct information as it can not be changed later and the details mentioned would appear on the scorecard as well.
- Communication Address along with the PIN code
- Academic qualifications details
- Name of the institute along with the PIN code where the candidate has completed the qualifying course.
- GATE subject that the candidate has chosen to write.
- Choice of GATE test centres.
- Scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature with the required specifications
- Scanned image of Degree or Provisional Degree certificate in PDF format
- Scanned image of Category certificate in PDF format
- Scanned image of PwD certificate in PDF format (if applicable)
- Valid Identity proof like Aadhaar card, passport, voter ID, PAN card, driving license, etc which should be carried as a proof to the examination hall.
- Net-banking, debit card or credit card details for fee payment.
GOAPS Application process
The only way to fill out the application form online is through GOAPS. The website link for GATE changes every year.
The candidates should ensure that they use only the official website to register their account and not use any unofficial source.
The application process through GOAPS includes 2 steps:
- GOAPS Registration
- GATE Application process
The candidate can register themselves by providing personal details like name, e-mail id, mobile number, and a password.
What is the GOAPS password? The GOAPS password for a candidate’s account is a password that is unique and includes special characters and is between 8 and 15 characters.
The candidate should fill out the captcha provided and click on “submit.” Once the candidate registers the account, they would receive an acknowledgement mail which includes an enrollment id, which is used to log in the website.
GATE Application Process Steps
- Log in with the user id and password. If they have forgotten the user id and password, they can click on ‘request an OTP’ to retrieve their account.
- Verify your mobile number and e-mail address through the OTP sent.
- Enter the personal details like gender, nationality, caste category, address, id proof details, and parents name and their address.
- Fill in the academic details with University name, course and the year of passing.
- Upload the documents required and tick the box of the declaration to move on to the next step.
- Before payment of application fee, the candidates should know that the fee is non-refundable nor transferable and additional charges will be included for online payment.
- The payment can be made online through net banking or debit/ credit card.
- If the candidate is unsure regarding the payment, they should wait for 2 days and check the status on their account. If the payment is not made, they can make another payment or if they have paid extra, the amount would be refunded back to their account. The amount would be refunded after the GATE registrations close.
GOAPS portal is easy to use and convenient for the candidates and helps them communicate with the authority easily. Ensure that your GOAPS log in credentials are safe to check for updates regarding the GATE exam process.
GOAPS Admit Card
The GOAPS admit card would be available on their official website. The candidates can download the admit card once they log in the website using the login credentials. They should take a print out of the GATE admit card and bring along an identity proof to the examination hall. The ID documents can be Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving license, etc. Without these two documents, the candidate would not be allowed inside the examination hall.
The GOAPS Result is usually announced a month after the GATE exam is conducted. The GATE results will be declared on March 22, 2021. The result can be accessed using the following steps:
- Visit the official website for GATE GOAPS.
- Use the GOAPS login credentials which are the enrollment id, e-mail address and GOAPS password.
- The candidates’ results will now be displayed on the screen.
The scorecard will be made available from March 22 to May 31, 2021. Only those candidates who qualified the GATE 2021 exam with marks equal to or higher than the cutoff were eligible to view and download the scorecard. Additionally, candidates in need of the scorecard softcopy can avail the scorecard by paying a fee of INR 500 before December 31, 2021.
Steps to Download the GOAPS Scorecard
- Visit the official website
- Click on the updated link
- Log into the GOAPS portal with your email ID/Roll number and password
- Click on the 'Scorecard' tab
- Download the PDF and take a printout for future reference
Qualifying candidates can use the scorecard to check their eligibility to get admissions into M.Tech/ M.E among other programmes, across various institutions, by calculating their GATE score. The scorecard is only available only for the stipulated time period. The scorecard is valid for 3 years from the time of declaration.