Students who wish to secure admission in the various law courses offered by UPES, Dehradun, will have to appear for the ULSAT 2021 examination. Candidates need to make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before they apply for the exam. Those candidates who fail to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria should not send their application forms, as they are likely to get rejected.
Detailed eligibility criteria for ULSAT 2021 have been discussed below.
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility criteria: Age Limit
It is important for candidates appearing for ULSAT to check the eligibility criteria for the examination. The eligibility criteria for numerous law courses offered by UPES are given below in the table.
|Programme||Admission Criteria||Eligibility Criteria||Duration|
|LL. B (Hons) with B.A||ULSAT /Board Merit / CLAT AIRMerit/ L-SAT India Meritfollowed by GroupDiscussion & Interview||Minimum 50% Aggregate in 10th & 12th||5 years|
|LL. B (Hons) with BBA||5 years|
|LL. B (Hons) with BCom||5 years|
|LL. B (Hons) with B.Sc||Minimum 50% Aggregate in 10th & 12th Minimum 50% aggregate inPCM/PCB in 12th||5 years|
|LL. B (Hons) with B.Tech||UPES EngineeringAptitude Test (UPESEAT)followed by CentralizedCounselling||Minimum 50% Aggregate in 10th & 12th Minimum 50% Aggregate in PCM in 12th||6 years|
- Candidates with CLAT AIR up to 10,000 / L-SAT India Percentile of 60 percentile or above / 85% marks in 10th and 12th main five subjects (English is compulsory) will be exempted from ULSAT invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons), candidates with CLAT AIR up to 10,000 / L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above / 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM will be exempted UPES-EAT, and admissions will be done through Merit Ranking.
- It should be noted that only up to 20% of seats shall be filled through Board Merit/ CLAT AIR/ L-SAT India Category, and the rest of the seats are filled through ULSAT.
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility for Post-graduate Courses
Candidates willing to secure admission in the postgraduate courses offered by UPES can apply for the ULSAT 2021 examination. The eligibility criteria for admission in postgraduate law courses offered by the institute are as follows.
- The entrance test ULSAT for PG-LLM has the pattern, the application and admission process similar to that of ULSAT UG.
- The candidates must have passed the following with a minimum of 50% aggregate,
- Higher & Senior Secondary level (X & XII) Or equivalent,
- LLB Degree Or equivalent.
- The LLM course is of a one-year duration.
- The specializations offered in LLM are
- Energy Laws,
- Business Law,
- International Economic Law and
- Law & Technology.
- For international students seeking admission to the postgraduate program (LLM), the equivalence for the undergraduate degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from AIU. The minimum percentage criteria for them is a GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility for Foreign National Students
International students can also apply for the ULSAT 2021 examination. The eligibility criteria for international students is as follows.
- UPES must be satisfied that candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained a higher secondary school certificate (with the minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the admission program.
- For all the LLB courses, students must have a minimum SAT score of 1500.
- Students from non-English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English language training for a specific period (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual program of admission.
- For such students qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
- Students must possess a valid passport for the duration of the study.
Importance of ULSAT 2021 Eligibility criteria
Candidates appearing for the ULSAT 2021 examination are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the ULSAT 2021 application form. It is important to check the USLAT 2021 eligibility criteria for the following reasons.
- It will guide the candidates and let them know their chances of admission into the various law programmes offered by UPES.
- It makes the applicants well informed if they are eligible to apply for a particular law programme or not.
- The ineligible candidates get a chance to solve any issues affecting their eligibility for the various law courses offered by the institute.