Delhi University Entrance Test, commonly known as DUET is a National level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Authority (NTA)to offer admissions to aspirants in various programmes such as UG, PG, MPhil, and PhD
- What is DUET Exam?
- DUET 2021 Exam Date
- DUET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- DUET 2021 Application Process
- DUET 2021 Application Form
- DUET 2021 Courses Offered
- DUET 2021 Exam Pattern
- DUET 2021 Syllabus
- DUET 2021 Admit Card
- DUET 2021 Exam Centres
- DUET 2021 Result
- DUET 2021 Answer Key
- DUET 2021 Cutoff
- DUET 2021 Counselling
- DUET 2021 Reference Books
- Contact Details
What is DUET exam?
About DUET: DUET 2021 is a national level Entrance Exam which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf on Delhi University for admission into various undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctorate courses like arts, commerce, law, engineering, science, education, etc.
About Delhi University: Delhi University (DU) was established in the year 1922 under an act of central legislative assembly as a public university. Delhi University has 77 affiliated colleges and 1.32 lakh, regular students. The Honourable Vice-President of India is the Chancellor of the University.
Level of Exam: DUET 2021 is a National level entrance test which is conducted once a year. DUET 2021 will be conducted online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT). Students should note that for all programmes and the test would be conducted at various Delhi University Campus.
Courses Offered: Through DUET 2021, the following programmes with various specializations are offered:
- Undergraduation - BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences/ BA Multimedia & Mass Communication/ BEd/ BEd Special Education/ BEIEd/ BLISc/ BPEd/ BTech/ Fine Arts (UG)/ Fine Arts.
- Postgraduation - LLM/ MA/ MCA/ MSc Computer Science/ MSc Informatics/ MCom/ MEd/ MLISc/ MPEd/ MSc/ MTech
Accepting Colleges: There are a total of 45 colleges that are accepting scores of candidates through DU exam. Candidates who have qualified their class 12 from NIOS can also apply for the DUET exam and can also get admission in regular college if they meet the cutoff marks.
The exam details of DUET 2021 exam are tabulated below:
|Full form||Delhi University Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and M.Phil/PhD.|
|Frequency||Once a year|
DUET 2021 Exam Date
The exam dates of DUET 2021 exam is tabulated below.
|Important Events||Exam Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||July 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||July 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||August 2021|
|Last date to download the Admit Card||To be announced|
|DUET 2021 Exam Date||August 2021|
|DUET 2021 Answer Key||To be announced|
|Last date for submitting an objection in the DUET Answer key||To be announced|
|DUET 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
DUET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) are given below. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the DUET 2021 examination.
Eligibility for UG courses
The eligibility for Under-graduate courses for DUET 2021 exam is listed below.
|B.Tech||Passed 10+2 with 60% and Mathematics as the main subject|
|BA Hons Humanities and Social Sciences||Passed 10+2 with 60% aggregate|
|BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication||Passed 10+2 with 75% and secured 85% marks in English|
Eligibility for PG courses
The eligibility for Post-graduate courses for DUET 2021 exam is listed below.
|Master of Law||3/5- year LLB with 50% for general, 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST|
|Master in Computer Application||Passed Bachelor's Degree with 60% marks|
|Master in Commerce||Completed Bachelors in Commerce with 50% for general, 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST|
|Master of Education||Graduated B.ED, BA.B.ED, BEI. ED or DEI.ED with a minimum of 50% marks|
DUET 2021 Application Process
The DUET 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website of Delhi University (DU). Only after the submission of the application form, candidates will be able to write the DUET 2021 examination.
How to apply online for DUET 2021 Exam?
The step by step process to complete the DUET 2021 application process is given below.
Step 1- Visit the website
- Candidates should visit the official website of the University of Delhi and click on either "UG Admissions Portal 2021" or "PG Admissions Portal 2021" according to candidate's qualification.
- To access the admissions portal for the first time, candidates need to register by providing a valid email ID and generate login details by clicking the new user registration button.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the candidate's personal ID and they need to click the same for registration. The email ID will be the user name of the candidate and it needs to be kept handy along with the password, in order to access the portal and for future reference.
Step 2- Upload Photograph/Signature
- Candidates should upload their passport size photograph and scanned copy of the signature.
- Both the photographs and signature should be either in JPEG or PNG format, and the size should be less than 50 KB.
- Candidates must also upload the qualifying examination marks document. For PG courses, candidates need to upload their UG course certificate.
- Candidates must also provide details about his/her identity proof. They are required to upload the scanned copy of any photo identity proof such as Aadhar, Driving License, Passport, Voter's ID or PAN card.
- Once all the above-mentioned documents are submitted, the candidate can proceed with "Submit my profile".
Step 3- Credentials
- After the document submission, candidates need to provide their educational details, and also about the course in which he/she is applying.
- Applicants must enter all the personal details such as candidate's name, Date of Birth, Father's and Mother's name, etc.
- Candidates must check all their inputs and then click on "Save Application". If any error has been spotted while entering the credentials, the applicants can click on "Edit" and rectify the errors.
Step 4- Payment
- The last step of the DUET 2021 application process is the fee payment. Candidates must successfully complete the fee payment or else their application form will be not submitted.
- The DUET 2021 Application form payment can be paid through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit card or UPI. Application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and Economically Weaker Section students do not need to pay the full amount for the DUET 2021 registration fee payment. The details of the DUET 2021 registration fee payment are mentioned below.
DUET 2021 Application Form
The DUET 2021 application form will be made available on the official website. More than 4 lakh aspirants submitted the form. There is a separate application form portal for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and M.Phil./Ph.D. courses under DUET 2021.
The DUET 2021 registration fee for different categories and courses are mentioned below.
|Category||UG Registrations Fee||PG Registration Fee||M.Phil./Ph.D. Fee|
|General/OBC/Other||INR 750||INR 750||INR 750|
|SC/ST/PwD/EWS||INR 300||INR 350||INR 300|
Important Documents for DUET 2021 Application Form
Following are the prerequisite documents needed to fill the DUET 2021 application form.
- Marksheet of Class 10th and 12th
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned image of candidate's signature
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Sports certificate (if applicable)
Courses Offered through DUET 2021
- Though nearly 48 courses are offered at 77 affiliated colleges under Delhi University for 1.32 lakh regular and 2.63 lack non-formal students. Only selected few courses offered at institutes under DU, offer admission through entrance test.
- Below is the list of the courses and respective institutes that are offered by DU:
- The Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities - BA (Hons) Business Economics Bachelor of Management Studies and Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis).
- Cluster Innovation Centre - B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) and B.A. Honours (Humanities & Social Sciences).
- Faculty of Education - Bachelors of Elementary Education, Faculty of Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports (B.Sc. [PE, HE &S]).
- Indraprastha College for Women: BA (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication (BAMC), Music & Fine Arts (MFA), Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Carnatic Music Vocal/ Instrumental (Veena/ Violin) Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/ Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor).
- The Faculty of Social Sciences - 5-Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism.
- PG Courses - LLM/ MA/ MCA/ MSc Computer Science/ MSc Informatics/ MCom/ MEd/ MLISc/ MPEd/ MSc/ MTech.
DUET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DUET 2021 exam is tabulated below.
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||UG - 100 QuestionsPG - 50/100 QuestionsM.Phil./Ph.D. - 100 Questions|
|Total Marks||400 Marks - UG and M.Phil./Ph.D.200/400 Marks - PG course|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for the correct answer, -1 mark for the incorrect answer|
|Medium||English (Language courses may have exception)|
DUET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates aspiring for DUET 2021 examination must know the syllabus clearly before attempting the exam. The syllabus is different for each course/programmes. The course-wise DUET 2021 syllabus for each programme is listed below.
B.A. Hons. (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Communication skills (English/Hindi)
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Ability
B.A. Business Economics/ BMS/ BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)
- Quantitative Ability
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- General English
- Business and General Awareness
B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)
- Analytical abilities
Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Comprehension in English and Hindi
- Social Science
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Grammatical and Analytical Skills
- English Comprehension
- Current Affairs
- Media Awareness
- General Awareness
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports
- Descriptive sections with respect to Physical Education, Health Education and Sports
- General Knowledge
DUET 2021 Admit Card
Availability: The DUET 2021 admit card will be available on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA). The last date to download the DUET Admit Card will be the last date of the exam.
ID Proof: Candidate must carry a government ID proof such as Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the DUET 2021 Admit Card.
How to download the DUET 2021 admit card?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the admit card from the candidate portal.
- Candidates need to first visit the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- On the homepage of the website, candidates will be able to see "Latest @NTA". Click on "Release of DUET admit card".
- A new page will be redirected where candidates need to enter their form number and date of birth (YYYYMMDD format) as credentials to log in.
- The DUET 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must check all the details mentioned and download the admit card. Take the printout of the same which needs to be shown at the test centre.
DUET Admit Card Contents
The details relevant to DUET Admit Card are listed below.
- Applicant Name
- Date fo the exam
- Exam Roll Number
- Reporting Time
- Date of Birth
- Gate Closure time
- Timings of the exam
- Test Center address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Center Code
Important Instruction regarding DUET Admit Card
- DUET 2021 Admit Card will be valid only if the photograph is clear and legible. Candidates are advised to take a coloured printout of the admit card on A4 size paper.
- In case of illegible/unclear or no photograph on admit card, you are should bring two passport size colour photograph with them to affix on the admit card.
- Carrying any items other than the hall ticket and the ID proof is strictly prohibited inside the exam hall.
- The candidates are requested to read all the instructions on the DUET 2021 admit card carefully and strictly follow them when the examination is being conducted.
Read More: Duet Admit Card
DUET 2021 Exam Centres
The DUET 2021 exam will be conducted in 24 cities by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates can select their choice of test city at the time of application form filling process. The exam centres once allotted by NTA will not be changed under any circumstances. The list of DUET 2021 exam centre is given below.
|DUET 2021 Exam Centres|
DUET 2021 Result
The DUET 2021 Results will be declared on the official website based on qualified marks. The official date is yet to be announced and is likely to be declared in the month of September after the exams are conducted. Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores, respective category-wise.
How to download DUET Results?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the conducting authority- National Testing Agency.
- Follow the "UG Admission"/"PG Admissions" under "Admission" tab.
- Click on the "Result" link.
- Enter your login credentials and submit them to view the DUET 2021 result.
- Candidates can take the printout of their results for future reference and counselling process.
Content Present on DUET Scorecard
The scorecard of DUET contains the following details:
- Registration/form no
- Roll number
- Candidate’s name
- Total marks
- Marks obtained
Read More: Duet Results
DUET 2021 Cut Off
The Delhi University will release the separate DUET Cut Off 2021 for different programmes. Based on the DUET Cut Off 2021 list, candidates will be able to secure admission in the colleges by their preference. The important dates relevant to DUET Cutoff 2021 are tabulated below:
|Date for the entrance exam||To be announced|
|DU PG First Cut off||To be announced|
|DU PG Second Cut off||To be announced|
|DU PG Third Cut off||To be announced|
Factors Determining DUET Cut Off 2021
There are several factors which determine the DUET Cut Off for the respective year. Some of the major factors that will be considered for the DUET Cut Off 2021 includes:
- The number of candidates appearing for the DUET 2021.
- The difficulty level of the paper.
- Marks obtained in DUET 2021.
- Seat Availability
- Reservation Category
Read More: Duet Cutoff
DUET 2021 Answer Key
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the provisional DUET 2021 answer key on the official website. The candidates can access it from the official website of NTA and form an idea of the scores that they'll be getting. The candidates can also challenge the answers if they think that there's some mistake in the answer key. Candidates shall make a payment of INR 200 per question to challenge the answer key. The candidates must also be prepared with proof to support their challenge.
DUET 2021 Counselling
Candidates who qualify in DUET 2021 will be called for the counselling process after the results are announced. The date of the counselling will be intimidated to students through email. The possible date for counselling to begin is yet to be announced. It is necessary for the candidates to appear in person for DUET 2021 counselling for admission before the Admission Committee. No relaxation of any kind will be given in this regard.
Documents required during counselling
Candidate must bring the following documents in original at the time of DUET 2021 counselling (to be taken back by the candidate after verification) along with two sets of attested photocopies.
- Class 10th mark sheet: Mandatory for all programs
- Address Proof
- 12th standard mark sheet
- DUET 2021 scorecard hard copy
- Pre-final Year Mark sheets for PG courses
- The admission committee shall allot the seats to the candidates in order of merit, subject to its availability and the candidates shall be required to deposit fee on the spot either through cash, demand draft (DD), credit/debit card.
- The seat shall be deemed to be allotted only on the deposition of the fee. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot, then the right to admission will be forfeited and the seat will be offered to the candidate who is next in the DUET 2021 merit list.
DUET 2021 Reference Books
Candidates aspiring for DUET 2021 must prepare well for the examination. In order to crack well in the exam, candidates need to learn and practise questions from good reference books. A list of books for different courses in DUET 2021 is mentioned below
- Delhi Vishwavidyalaya B.Ed Sanyukt Pravesh Pariksha 2021
- Self Study Guide for LLB
- Guide for BBA/ BBS/ BBM
- Delhi University MA Economics
- Delhi University MA English Guide
- Delhi University MCom Honours Guide
- Delhi University Financial Accounting
- Fluency in English by Department of English - University of Delhi
DUET Contact Details
- Address: University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India.
- Website: du.ac.in/du/
- Contact: 011-27006900
What is the registration procedure for the DUET 2021 Exam?
The Application Form will be available on the official website of Delhi University (DU). The candidates have to pay the registration fee of INR 750 (for general) and INR 300 (for reserved category) while filling the Application Form.
What are the different online modes for paying the application fee?
The application fee can only be paid through online mode via Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
What is the exam pattern of DUET?
DUET will be conducted Online (Computer-based Test - CBT) or Offline (Paper and Pen-based Test - PBT) based on the course you choose. The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). For all the courses under DUET, the question papers will be in both Hindi and English.
What is the educational qualification required to be eligible for DUET in the B.Tech course?
The students should have passed 10+2 with 60% and Mathematics as the main subject to be eligible for DUET in the B.Tech course.
My class 12th result has not been declared yet. So can I fill the DUET exam registration form now or wait for my 12th result?
Candidates must register themselves on the UG Admission Portal and select "Results Awaited". Once the Class 12th results are declared, they can update and upload the marks obtained.
I am a resident of Delhi. Is there any reservation or special quota?
No. The University of Delhi does not provide any special quota or reservation for Delhi localites. However, if applicable, candidates can apply for sports quota or ECA quota.
When will the DUET 2021 MA Economics result release?
The DUET 2021 Results will release on the date set by the NTA. Reults including the MA courses will be released on the same date.