Delhi University Entrance Test commonly known as DUET is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Delhi University to offer admissions to aspirants in UG, PG, MPhil and Ph.D. programmes.
Latest Update: The Delhi University has postponed the application process for the DUET 2020 that was scheduled to start on April 2, 2020. The exam dates for the DUET 2020 have also been postponed in view of the ongoing situation with the national lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The revised schedule will be updated after April 14, 2020.
- What is DUET Exam?
- DUET 2020 Exam Date
- DUET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- DUET 2020 Application Form
- DUET 2020 Courses Offered
- DUET 2020 Exam Pattern
- DUET 2020 Admit Card
- DUET 2020 Result
- DUET 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is DUET?
DUET 2020 is a national level Entrance Exam conducted by Delhi University (DU) for admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses arts, commerce, law, engineering, science, education, etc. Delhi University (DU) was established in the year 1922 under an act of central legislative assembly as a public university. DU has 77 affiliated colleges and 1.32 lakh regular students. The Vice-President of India is its Chancellor.
DUET 2020 is a National Level Entrance Test which is conducted once a year. DUET 2020 will be conducted from June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020 through offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT). Students should note that for all Programmes, the Test would be conducted at various Delhi University Campus.
Through DUCET, the following programmes with various specializations are offered:
- UG - BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences/ BA Multimedia & Mass Communication/ BEd/ BEd Special Education/ BEIEd/ BLISc/ BPEd/ BTech/ Fine Arts (UG)/ Fine Arts .
- PG - LLM/ MA/ MCA/ MSc Computer Science/ MSc Informatics/ MCom/ MEd/ MLISc/ MPEd/ MSc/ MTech
DUET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Delhi University Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Delhi University (DU)|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG)|
|Exam Date||June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
DUET 2020 Exam Dates
- Registration: Application Form for DUET will be available on the official website of Delhi University from April 2, 2020 to April 30, 2020.
- Admit Card: The Admit Card will be released online on May 15, 2020.
- Examination: DUET 2020 will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) from June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020.
- DUET 2020 Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all programmes and all category candidates based on qualified marks on June 25, 2020.
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||April 2, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||April 30, 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||May 15, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date 2020||June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020|
|Results Date||June 25, 2020|
|Counseling||July 12, 2020|
DUET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for UG courses
|B.Tech||passed 10+2 with 60% and Mathematics as the main subject|
|BA Hons Humanities and Social Sciences||passed 10+2 with 60% aggregate|
|BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication||passed 10+2 with 75% and secured 85% marks in English|
Eligibility for PG courses
|Master of Law||3/5- year LLB with 50% for general, 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST|
|Master in Computer Application||passed Bachelor's Degree with 60% marks|
|Master in Commerce||passed Bachelors in Commerce with 50% for general, 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST|
|Master of Education||Graduated B.ED, BA.B.ED, BEI. ED or DEI.ED with a minimum of 50% marks|
DUET 2020 Application Form
The Application Form will be available on the official website of Delhi University (DU) from April 2, 2020 to April 30, 2020 (Tentative). The candidates have to pay the registration fee of INR 750/- (for general) and INR 300/- (for reserved category) while filling the Application Form. The application fee can only be paid through online mode via Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
|Category||UG Registrations Fee||PG Registration Fee|
|General/OBC/Other||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/EWS||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 350/-|
Courses Offered through DUET 2020:
- Though nearly 48 courses are offered at 77 affiliated colleges under Delhi University for 1.32 lakh regular and 2.63 lack non-formal students. But not all of these courses need you to take DUET. Only selected few courses offered at institutes under DU, offer admission through entrance test.
- Below is the list of the courses and respective institutes they are offered at:
- The Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities - BA (Hons) Business Economics Bachelor of Management Studies and Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis).
- Cluster Innovation Centre - B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) and B.A. Honours (Humanities & Social Sciences).
- Faculty of Education - Bachelors of Elementary Education, Faculty of Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports (B.Sc. [PE, HE &S]).
- Indraprastha College for Women: BA (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication (BAMC), Music & Fine Arts (MFA), Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Carnatic Music Vocal/ Instrumental (Veena/ Violin) Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/ Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor).
- The Faculty of Social Sciences - 5-Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism.
- PG Courses - LLM/ MA/ MCA/ MSc Computer Science/ MSc Informatics/ MCom/ MEd/ MLISc/ MPEd/ MSc/ MTech.
DUET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: DUET 2020 will be conducted Online (Computer-based Test - CBT) or Offline (Paper and Pen-based Test - PBT) based on the course you choose.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions & Topics: The total number of questions for all the papers is 100. And the topics of each paper varies with the course
- Duration: Similarly the duration of DUET for any stream is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Medium: For all the courses under DUET, the question papers will be in both Hindi and English.
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) and Offline i.e Paper and pen-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for the correct answer -1 mark for the incorrect answer|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
DUET 2020 Admit Card
- Availability: DUET 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website from May 15, 2020 (tentative).
- Download: Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University website: admission.du.ac.in.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- DUET 2020 Admit card will be valid only if the photograph is clear and legible. And, you are advised to take a colored printout of the Admit card on an A4 size paper.
- In case of illegible/unclear or no photograph on admit card, you are should bring two passport size color photograph with them to affix on the admit card.
- Carrying any items other than the hall ticket and the Id proof is strictly prohibited inside the exam hall.
- The candidates are requested to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and also to follow them when the examination is conducted.
DUET 2020 Result
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website based on qualified marks on June 25, 2020 (Tentative).
- Ranking: Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores, respective category-wise.
- Downloading Result: Visit the official website of Delhi University. Follow the "UG Admission"/"PG Admissions" under "Admission" tab. Click on the "Result" link. Enter your login credentials and submit it to view the result.
DUET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who qualify in DUET 2020 will be called for the counselling process after the results are announced. The date of the counseling will be intimidated to students through email. The possible date for counselling to begin will be July 12, 2020. It is necessary for the candidates to appear in person for counselling for admission before the Admission Committee. No relaxation of any kind will be given in this regard.
Candidate must bring the following documents in original at the time of counselling (to be taken back by the candidate after verification) along with two sets of attested photocopies:
- Class 10th mark sheet: Mandatory for all Programmes,
- Address Proof,
- 12th standard mark sheet,
- DUET 2020 Score Card hard copy.
- Pre-final Year Mark sheets for PG courses.
- Admission committee shall allot the seats to the Candidates in order of merit, subject to its availability and the candidates shall be required to deposit fee on the spot either through Cash, Demand Draft (DD), Credit / Debit Card.
- The seat shall be deemed to be allotted only on the deposition of the fee. If a candidate fails to deposit the fee on the spot, then the right to admission will be forfeited and the seat will be offered to the candidate who is next in the merit list.
DUET Contact Details
- Address: University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India.
- Website: du.ac.in/du/
- Contact: 011-27006900