The authorities have released KEA KCET option entry 2023 round 2 link on August 30, 2023. KCET option entry is mandatory for all candidates as it is required for the seat allotment.
KEA KCET Option Entry 2023 allows candidates to use the option entry portal to choose their desired colleges and courses for admission. The second round of KCET option entry 2023 was commenced on August 30, 2023, at 7 PM. KCET 2023 combined option entry for engineering, medical, agriculture, and other courses started on August 6, 2023, and the results for mock seat allotment were released on August 14, 2023. Candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank secured by them in the Common Entrance Test (CET) 2023.
|KCET Cutoff 2023||KCET Counselling 2023|
Table of Contents
- KEA KCET Option Entry 2023
- KCET Option Entry 2023 Eligibility
- Documents Required for KCET 2023 Verification
- How to do Option Entry in KCET 2023?
- How to Modify Options in KCET 2023 Option Entry Form?
- Step-by-Step Process to Change KCET 2023 Password
- Important Instructions for KEA KCET Option Entry 2023
- KCET 2023 Seat Allotment
- About KCET
KEA KCET Option Entry 2023
The online portal for KEA KCET option entry is available after the commencement of the counselling process. Candidates are eligible for seat allotment once they have filled in the options. Likewise, the verification of documents will be done online, and candidates can use their CET number to log in and fill in their choices.
KCET Option Entry Dates 2023
Candidates should note that the conducting authority release the dates for filling up the KEA KCET option entry 2023. The table below displays the dates.
|KCET 2023 Results||Jun 15, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Uploading & Verification of Documents||Jun 27, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Option Entry||Aug 6 to 9, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Mock Allotment Results||Aug 14, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Edit Options Dates||Aug 11 to 14, 2023|
|KCET 2023 First-Round Seat Allotment||Aug 16, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Seat Acceptance||Aug 19 to 24, 2023|
|Payment of Fee for Admission||Aug 19 to 24, 2023|
|Reporting to Allotted Colleges||Aug 23 to 25, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Option Entry Round 2||Aug 30 to Sept 4, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Seat Allotment Result Round 2||Sept 7, 2023|
|KCET 2023 Exercising Options Round 2||Sept 8 to 11, 2023|
|Engineering Admission in Karnataka Without KCET||Top Engineering Colleges Accepting KCET|
KCET Option Entry 2023 Eligibility
All eligible candidates can participate in the document verification round. Moreover, candidates must appear and pass the document verification round to participate in the counselling and option entry rounds. After that, KEA releases the names of candidates whose documents are appropriate and eligible for the KCET 2023 option entry.
Documents Required for KCET 2023 Verification
All candidates must participate in the document verification process to proceed further in the KEA KCET option entry round. The list of the documents required for verification is as follows:
- KCET 2023 admit card
- KCET application form printout
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 and 12 mark- sheet/ certificate
- 7 years of study certificate countersigned by the relevant BEO/DDPI
- 2 passport-size recent photographs.
How to do Option Entry in KCET 2023?
Only the candidates who qualify for the document verification round can proceed to fill in the KEA KCET option entry 2023. Furthermore, candidates can follow the below steps to fill out the online choices :
- Step 1: Visit the official website of KCET: cetonline.karnataka.gov.in and enter the CET number to log in.
- Step 2: Click on the KCET option entry link.
- Step 3: Fill in the options of colleges and courses according to your preference.
- Step 4: The priority number against each college and course in the KCET option entry form has to be given by the candidates in sequential order.
- Step 5: For selecting a different course, candidates will have to select ‘college type’ again and fill in the priority numbers.
- Step 6: Click on 'view selected options’ to check the list of colleges.
KCET 2nd Round Option Entry
The instructions for KCET 2nd round option entry are as follows:
- In the KCET 2nd round, the priority remains the same as considered in the first round.
- The priority of choices from 1 to 114 can be modified, changed, or deleted as per the candidate’s preference.
- Candidates who are allotted seats in the first round and the second round for the same option will not be considered for the second round.
|KCET Participating Colleges 2023||KCET Option Entry 2023 Guidelines|
How to Modify Options in KCET 2023 Option Entry Form?
Candidates will be provided with a window where they can modify their choices. Below are the guidelines on how they can make the changes in the KEA KCET option entry 2023 form:
- Step 1: Visit the official KCET website and log in using the CET number.
- Step 2: Select ‘Modify Selected Option’
- Step 3: Change or modify the numbers against the courses or colleges
- Step 4: Click on the ‘ Update’ option
Step-by-Step Process to Change KCET 2023 Password
Candidates need to memorise or write down their passwords to participate in admission-related activities. However, if any candidate forgets the password, here are the steps to retrieve the password:
- Visit the KCET official website.
- On the home page, click on the link “Change Password"
- Next, enter the New Password
- Re-enter New Password
- Click on the "Change Password" button.
Important Instructions for KEA KCET Option Entry 2023
Candidates must follow the important instruction while filling up the KEA KCET option entry 2023. Go through the below instructions related to the KCET option entry:
- Candidates can enter as many options for the courses that they are eligible for, as they can avoid the disappointment of not securing a seat.
- The seat allotment is done separately for the Engineering/Farm Science courses and Medical/Dental courses.
- Candidates eligible fo NEET UG - Medical or Dental course and UG CET- Engineering or Architecture or Agriculture course are requested to fill in their choice in the same web portal at one go.
- Candidates must check the previous year's closing ranks or cut-off of colleges mentioned before proceeding with the KCET option entry.
KCET 2023 Seat Allotment
KCET 2023 seat is allotted to the candidates based on choice preference and eligibility. KEA will release the official seat allotment through its official website. Candidates can check the seat allotment by entering their CET application.
Besides, the candidates who are not allotted seats in the first round will get the opportunity in the second round. The seat allocation process will be similar for both rounds.
In addition, KEA will release the mock seat allotment before publishing the final seat allotment.
KCET stands for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test which is a common entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for candidates seeking admission into professional courses across various educational institutions in the state of Karnataka. Through KCET, candidates can get admissions into Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Agriculture and Veterinary courses.
The Common Entrance Test Cell was established by the Karnataka Government in 1994. The Common Entrance Test Cell is responsible for conducting entrance tests, determining eligibility criteria and merit list, for admissions into the first year of full-time professional courses (for the government’s share of seats) across various colleges and universities.
KCET is an offline exam with 4 main subjects; Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The exam has multiple choice questions (MCQ) with each section having 60 questions, and the exam is for a duration of 60 minutes or 1 hour.