JEE Advanced chapter-wise weightage 2024 is different for each topic and syllabus. Therefore, candidates must know the detailed weightage, preparation tips, and cutoffs.
JEE Advanced chapter-wise weightage is an essential factor for understanding the question pattern. Mathematics, chemistry, and physics constitute the JEE Advanced 2024 syllabus. The sectional division of weightage is different for each subject.
|JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024||JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2024|
Therefore, to know the exam better and to crack it, the chapter-wise weightage of topics are vital. JEE Advanced is one of the toughest exams in the country, and only the candidates scoring good marks in JEE Main can participate in the exam.
Table of Contents
- JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage 2024
- Prepare for JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage
- Expected JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff
- Last Minute Tips for JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage 2024
JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage 2024
Here we have provided the JEE Advanced Chapter-wise weightage for each of the topics of the above subjects. The weightage will be of great use to the students as it will help them to plan their study schedule.
JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage of Mathematics
The table below offers the candidates a brief idea on the important topics to be focussed based on the weightage provided.
|Sequences and series||4%|
|Permutation and Combination||5%|
|Relations and Functions||6%|
|Vector & 3D||10%|
|Differentiability and continuity||8%|
|Is NCERT Enough for JEE Advanced?||Is DC Pandey Enough for JEE Advanced?|
JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage of Chemistry
The JEE Advanced capterwise weightage of the chemistry syllabus is as mentioned below. Candidates must check this to perform better.
|Structure of Atom||3 to 4%|
|Classification of Elements and periodicity||5%|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||7%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||6%|
|Chemical Kinetics and Nuclear Chemistry||4%|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||7%|
|States of Matter||4%|
|S block, D block and F Block||5%|
|Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life||5%|
|JEE Advanced Important Topics 2024||JEE Advanced Information Brochure 2024|
JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage of Physics
The table below gives a brief insight onto the topics to be focussed based on their weightage provided.
|System of particles and rotational mechanics||10%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||10%|
|Waves and oscillation||9%|
|Laws of Motion||7%|
|Units, Dimensions, Errors, and Experiments||7%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||5%|
|Solids and Fluids||5%|
|IIT JEE Advanced Last Minute Tips 2024||Minimum Marks Required in JEE Advanced to Get into IIT|
Prepare for JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage
Preparing for JEE Advanced chapter-wise weightage for each syllabus is quite necessary and integral part of the preparation. Hence, we have listed the preparation tips:
- Probability, vectors, matrices, differential & continuity, and derivates carry high weightage. Candidates must understand the concepts, principles of functionality and practice the questions a regular intervals.
- Further, mathematics is a subject that has a high scoring value. Only by solving the previous year’s paper, sample papers candidates can score good marks.
- Next are topics such as relations & functions, trigonometric ratios, and calculus. These are the JEE Advanced chapters with high weightage. Candidates must know all the equations, formulas, and units for solving these questions.
- Equilibrium, metallurgy, Chemical bonding & molecular structure, alcohol, Phenols & Ethers, and p block contains high weightage.
- Chemical reactions, formulas, equations, the periodic table, and chemical values must be known by all the candidates.
- Next, candidates must calculate the total marks they can score in chemistry and build their timetable accordingly.
- Modern Physics carries the highest weightage of 12% in the exam.
- The topics such as optics, the system of particles & rotational mechanics, heat and thermodynamics, waves and oscillation, electrostatics, and magnetics are the rest of the topics with high weightage.
- While preparing for JEE Advanced physics syllabus, candidates must remember that they know all the formulas and tactics to solve the questions in minimal time.
- However, some chapters are common from JEE Main.
|JEE Advanced Dress Code 2024||JEE Advanced Guidelines 2024|
Expected JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff
The JEE Mains qualifying marks are considered for determining the JEE Advanced cutoff. This year the JEE Mains is conducted in four sessions, and the scores will be calculated likewise. The expected cutoff for 2024 are as follows:
|CRL (Common Rank List)||90-95|
|Is JEE Advanced Tough?||Difference Between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced|
Last Minute Tips for JEE Advanced Chapter-wise Weightage 2024
JEE Advanced is a tough nut to crack; therefore, proper preparation is required to qualify for the exam. Additionally, the cutoffs are quite high and the seats are limited for admissions into IITs. Here are some JEE Advanced chapter-wise weightage last-minute preparation tips:
- Candidates will have less time to prepare for JEE Advanced as it will be conducted after the JEE Main. Therefore, candidates aiming for the exam must prepare beforehand by downloading the official syllabus.
- Next, candidates must know all the symbols, equations, mathematical formulas, chemical reactions, and functions of each value.
- Further, the questions will be from various areas, so all the topics must be covered and test papers/ sample papers must be followed.
- Candidates must also appear for mock tests to gauge their performance in the exam.
- Lastly, the books that are useful and serve the purpose of the exam must be bought and followed for the preparation.