|Conducted By||Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students from class IX to postdoctoral level|
|Rewards||Up to INR 3,72,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 30, 2021|
PFMS is a web-based application designed to monitor the different scholarship schemes. The candidate can also track the PFMS payment status on the official portal. The eligibility criteria differ for each scholarship scheme. The information about the various scholarship schemes are available on the PFMS website. The scholarship funds are credited directly to the candidate's bank account or post-office account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system. Candidates can submit applications for the Israeli scholarship for college and university is December 30th, 2021.
Table of Contents:
- List of PFMS Scholarship Schemes
- PFMS Login Details
- PFMS Registration Process
- PFMS Know Your Payments Status
- PFMS Bank List
- Contact Details
Overview of PFMS Scholarship Schemes
There are two types of PFMS scholarship schemes. They are central sector schemes and centrally sponsored schemes. In the central sector scheme, the scholarship is funded wholly by the central government. Whereas, in centrally sponsored schemes, the central government and the state government share the scholarship funds. Given below are the list of different PFMS scholarship schemes:
|Central Sector Schemes||Centrally Sponsored Schemes|
|PFMS scholarships for colleges and universities||PFMS post-matric scholarship for SC category students|
|PFMS national means cum merit scholarship||PFMS pre-matric scholarship for SC category students|
|National incentive PFMS scheme for secondary education of a girl child||PFMS post-matric scholarship for OBC category|
|-||PFMS merit scholarship upgradation scheme of SC category students|
|-||Top-class education PFMS scheme for SC category|
List of PFMS Scholarship Schemes
Given below are the details of different PFMS scholarship schemes:
- PFMS scholarship for students in colleges/universities
- Pre-matric scholarship for SC category students
- Post-matric scholarship for SC category students
- PFMS national means cum merit scholarship
- National scheme of incentive to girl students for secondary education
- Post-matric scholarship for OBC category
- PFMS merit scholarship up-gradation scheme of SC category students
- PFMS top class education scheme for SC category
PFMS Scholarship for Students in Colleges/ Universities
The PFMS scholarships for colleges and universities apply to the students who are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses. The Ministry of Education provides this scholarship. The candidates can renew their scholarships annually after fulfilling the criteria. There are eighty-two thousand students selected every year for this scheme.
The PFMS scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates should have secured the top 20% position in the Class XII examination.
- Candidates should be between 18-25 years of age.
- The family income should not exceed INR 6,00,000 per annum.
The selected students receive the following scholarship rewards :
- An amount of INR 1,000 per annum is provided to students pursuing graduation for three years.
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses will receive INR 2,000 per month.
- A reward of INR 2,000 per month is provided to students pursuing professional studies in the fourth and fifth year.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Category Students
The pre-matric scholarship for SC students is provided by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The objective of the scheme is to offer educational opportunities to deserving and meritorious students. It is a centrally-sponsored scholarship. The students can apply online through their respective state portals.
The students should be studying in a government or private schools recognized by the government. Listed below are other PFMS eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should belong to an SC category.
- Candidates should be studying in class IX or class X.
- The family income should be less than INR 1,00,000 per annum.
To prevent children dropping-out from schools, the PFMS will offer variable financial reward to the selected candidates.
Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Category Students
The post-matric scholarships for the SC category is provided by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. It is a centrally-sponsored scholarship. The candidates should have passed the class X examination to be able to apply for this scholarship. They can apply online through their state portal.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should belong to the SC category. Given below are other eligibility criteria that should be met by the applicants:
- The candidates should have passed the class X examination.
- The scholarship is applied to the candidates pursuing class XI and class XII, professional courses, graduation, LL.M, commercial pilot license, C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F A., M.Phil, PhD, and postdoctoral studies.
Mentioned below are the list of PFMS scholarship benefits offered to the students:
- Reimbursement of mandatory non-refundable fees
- The selected students will receive a maintenance allowance.
- The scheme will cover the cost of thesis typing and printing charges for research scholars.
- The ministry will grant book allowance to students pursuing correspondence courses.
- Selected candidates will receive charges towards their study tour.
- An additional allowance is provided to students with disabilities.
National Means cum Merit Scholarship
The National Means cum Merit Scheme (NMMS) is provided by the Department of Elementary Education (HRD). Candidates studying in government, local body, or government-aided schools can apply for this PFMS scholarship scheme. However, the provider will discontinue the scheme if the candidate has a gap in a session. The NMMS scholarship is provided for four years. The candidates should not be availing benefits of other scholarships and should not have a part-time or a full-time job at the time of application.
The candidates should not have applied for any other scholarships. Given below are the other eligibility criteria that should be fulfilled by the applicants:
- Candidates from the General category must have secured over 55% in class VIII.
- Candidates from the SC/ST category must have secured over 50% in class VIII.
- Candidates should have cleared the state level exam in MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test).
Mentioned below is the scholarship reward offered to the selected candidates:
- INR 6,000 per annum is paid for four years, i.e., INR 1,500 for every three months.
National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Students for Secondary Education
The National Scheme of Incentive to Girl Child (NSIGC) is provided by the Department of Elementary Education (HRD). The students studying in government, local body, or government-aided schools can apply for this scheme. This PFMS scholarship scheme is provided for two years. The candidates can apply online through the national scholarship portal.
The National scheme of incentive to girl students for secondary education is exclusively applicable to female students. The candidates should meet the below eligibility criteria:
- This scholarship applies to all female students belonging to the SC/ST category.
- The candidates should have passed the class IX examination.
- Applied to all female students from the Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) scheme passing the class VIII examination.
- The female student should be studying in a government, local body, or a government-aided school.
The scholarship aims to empower girls socially and economically. The reward offered to the selected student is:
- The girl child will receive a single payment of INR 3,000
Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Category
The Post-Matric Scholarship for students belonging to OBCs (PMS-OBC) is provided by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment through states, UT Administration, and Head of Institution Department. The objective of the scholarship is to empower aspiring students and enable them to achieve their goals. The central government offers financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students through this PFMS scholarship scheme. Students from class XI to post-doctoral level can apply for this scholarship.
The students should belong to the OBC category. The other eligibility criteria are:
- Applied to candidates studying from class XI to post-doctoral level.
- The family income should not exceed INR 1,00,000 per annum.
The government recognizes commendable candidates from the OBC category by offering them scholarship rewards.
- Variable financial reward
Merit Scholarship Upgradation Scheme of SC Category Students
The upgradation of merit of SC students is a part of the PFMS scholarship. It is provided by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment through states, the UT Administration, and the Head of Institution Department. Under this scheme, the selected schools should have facilities for overall development, hostel facilities, a consistent record of good academics in the past few years, and Kendriya Vidyalaya with hostel facilities.
This PFMS scholarship scheme is provided to the selected schools for four years. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The chosen schools should have facilities for overall development, hostel facilities, a consistent record of good academics in the past few years, and Kendriya Vidyalaya with hostel facilities.
The government offers the following rewards to encourage the students and the faculties of the school:
- Each student will receive a lump sum amount of INR 25,000 per annum.
- Each student will receive an additional reward of INR 15,000 per annum, which includes:
- Boarding and lodging charges of INR 900 per month for ten months.
- Each student will receive INR 300 per month for ten months.
- INR 3,000 paid towards books and stationery.
- An amount of INR 10,000 as an honorarium to the principal, experts, and other incidental charges to each student
Top Class Education Scheme for SC Category
This PFMS scholarship scheme chooses the top 207 institutions in India with academic excellence, including the IIM, IIT, NIT, etc. The top-class education for SC students is provided by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment through states, UT Administration, and the Head of Institution from the selected school. It is a centrally sponsored scholarship. The candidates from the SC category can avail the top-class education scholarship scheme benefits. They can apply for it through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
This scholarship scheme applies to students from the SC category. Listed below are the eligibility criteria that should be met by the students before applying for the scholarship:
- Candidates should be pursuing Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Law, Management, and other specialized courses.
- Candidates should belong to an SC category.
- The family income should not exceed INR 4,50,000 per annum.
Given below are the list of PFMS scholarship benefits offered to the selected candidates:
- The tuition fee and other non-refundable fees are covered. However, there is a limit of INR 2,00,000 per annum for students studying in private institutions and a limit of INR 3,72,000 per annum for students pursuing commercial pilot training in private institutions
- An amount of INR 2,220 is paid every month towards living expenses
- An amount of INR 3,000 is given every year towards books and stationery charges
- The latest computer with a limit of INR 45,000 awarded to each student
- The cost of living, books, stationery, and computers are subject to the actual price
PFMS Login Details
The candidates can log in to the PFMS websites to check the eligibility criteria and complete the registration process. They can also check the PFMS payment status on the portal. Given below are the essential PFMS login details:
|PFMS home page||Click here|
|PFMS login||Click here|
|Check the PFMS payment status||Click here|
|Track payment status for NSP||Click here|
PFMS Registration Process
There are several schemes offered under the PFMS scholarship. The government will directly credit the scholarship fund to the candidate's bank account or post office account. The PFMS registration is done online through their official website. The candidates should check the eligibility criteria before registering for the scholarship. PFMS registration is open only for a limited time.
PFMS - Know your Payment Status
The candidates can know their scholarship payment status by entering their bank details on the portal. They can also track the NSP scholarship payments through the portal. To learn more about 'PFMS - know your payments' and track NSP scholarship status, the candidates can click on PFMS login. Given below are steps to check the payment status:
Step 1 - The applicants should visit the official PFMS portal.
Step 2 - They should click on 'know your payments'.
Step 3 - The candidates should fill in the details such as the name of the bank and account number.
Step 4 - They should enter the captcha and click on 'search'.
PFMS Bank List
The government credits the PFMS scholarship funds directly to the applicant's bank account or post office account. Therefore, they are required to hold an account in one of the following banks to avail the benefits of the PFMS student scholarship:
|PFMS Bank List|
|Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank||Karnataka Bank|
|Allahabad Bank||Karur Vysya Bank|
|Allahabad Gramin UP Bank||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank|
|Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank||Manipur State Co-op.Bank Ltd.|
|Axis Bank||New India Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait||NKGSB Co-op Bank Ltd|
|Bank of Baroda||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Bank of India||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Punjab National Bank|
|Bassein Catholic Co-op.Bank Ltd.||RBL Bank|
|Bombay Mercantile Co-op.Bank Ltd.||South Indian Bank|
|Canara Bank||Standard Chartered Bank|
|Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd.||State Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||SVC Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|City Union Bank Ltd||Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd|
|Corporation Bank||The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|DCB Bank Limited||The Federal Bank Ltd|
|Dena Bank||The Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd|
|Deutsche Bank||The Kalupur Commercial Co. op. Bank Ltd.|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd||The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd|
|HDFC Bank||The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|HSBC||The Thane Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd|
|ICICI Bank||UCO Bank|
|IDBI Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Indian Bank||United Bank of India|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Indusind Bank Limited||Yes Bank Ltd|
|Jharkhand Gramin Bank||-|
PFMS Contact Details
The candidates can find the contact details of the PFMS scholarship in the table below:
|Contact Details of PFMS Scholarship|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
PFMS Scholarship 2021 FAQs
What are the various scholarships under this scheme?
PFMS Scholarship for College/ University Students
PFMS Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ ST Students
PFMS Pre-matric Scholarship for SC Students
PFMS National Means cum Merit Scholarship
PFMS National Incentive Scheme for Girl Child
PFMS Post-matric Scholarship for OBC Students
PFMS Merit Upgradation Scheme of SC Students
PFMS Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
What are the eligibility criteria for PFMS Scholarship?
The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
The applicant should have passed the Class 12 examination.
He/ she should be the top scorers (among the top 20%) in the field of education.
The candidate should be between 18-25 years of age.
The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
What are the rewards associated with PFMS National Means cum Merit Scholarship?
Scholarship amount of INR 6000 every year given in quarterly installments of INR 1500 each for a duration of 4 years.