The Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is an initiative launched by the government of India. It is a web-based application where the students can check on different scholarship schemes and other government programs. PFMS login feature facilitates government agencies, their employees, and selected students to monitor the disbursement of funds.
The government transfers the funds through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system available on the portal. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and Uttar Pradesh (UP) Scholarships are among the few agencies registered on PFMS. The Public Financial Management System plays a vital role in these agencies.
Table of Contents:
- Services Offered
- PFMS Login - Payment Status
- PFMS Login - Registration of New Applicants
- PFMS Login - Renewal Process
- PFMS Login - Reset Password
Overview of PFMS Login
PFMS or public financial management system is a software application launched by the Ministry of India. It facilitates each department to disburse the funds electronically to the beneficiary. Also, the state governments and registered agencies transfer the funds to the beneficiaries through the portal. Listed below are some of the key points regarding the PFMS portal:
- The government of India has launched the Public Financial Management System PFMS login
- The government agencies, the employees and students of the Ministry of Home Affairs are the primary beneficiaries
- Only the registered government agencies and their employees can log in to the PFMS portal
Services Offered by the PFMS Portal
PFMS facilitates allocating and sanctioning budget, generating bills, disbursements of funds, and managing beneficiaries' payments at the central and state levels. The other services offered by the PFMS portal are as follows:
- The applicants can track the status of the scholarship
- The government employees can download their payslips through the portal
- The agencies can avoid misappropriation of funds
PFMS Login - Tracking Payment Status
The candidates who have applied for the central sector or centrally-sponsored scholarship schemes can check the payment status on the PFMS portal. The students can follow the below steps to track the status without logging into the portal.
How to Track NSP Payment Status
The applicants can follow the steps given below to check the status of NSP (National Scholarship Portal) scholarships:
- Step 1 - The candidates can visit the PFMS website
- Step 2 - Click on 'Track NSP Payments’
- Step 3 - Fill in the details such as bank name, account number, and application ID.
- Step 4 - Enter the word verification.
- Step 5 - Click on submit to get the status of the payment.
How to Track Payment Status for Other Scholarships
The applicants can check the status of other scholarships by following these simple steps:
- Step 1 - Visit the PFMS portal
- Step 2 - Click on 'Know your Payments'
- Step 3 - Fill the details as mentioned in the application form (such as bank name and account number)
- Step 4 - Enter the captcha
- Step 5 - Click on submit to track the status of the payment
PFMS Login Details for Registration of New Applicants
The candidates cannot log into the portal. However, the PFMS login feature is available for agencies and applicants who have already registered on the portal. Other government departments and individuals such as Account Officers (PAO), Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO), Program Division (PD), Assistant Accounts Officer (AAO), and Dealing Hand (DH) can also utilize this feature. The eligible candidates who are allowed to register can follow the below steps to obtain the PFMS login credentials:
- Step 1 - Visit the PFMS login webpage.
- Step 2 - The candidate should click on the 'New User Registration Form.' The portal will download the application form in PDF format.
- Step 3 - The candidate should fill in all the details in the form and get it approved by the concerned authority.
- Step 4 - The candidate should submit the form and the supporting documents to the Controller General of Accounts office, Public Finance Management System.
Note: Candidates should go through the instructions before filling up the form.
How to Login PFMS for Registered Agencies
The agencies who have already registered on the portal can utilize this feature. Mentioned below are the steps for PFMS login for agencies:
- Step 1 - Visit the official PFMS portal
- Step 2 - The agency should click on 'Login.'
- Step 3 - The agency should now choose the year from the dropdown menu provided
- Step 4 - Enter the username and password.
- Step 5 - Click on 'Log In'
PFMS Login - Renewal Process
Students who want to reapply for the scholarships on the PMFS portal should fill the renewal application form. They can renew the scholarship by following these steps:
- Step 1 - Visit the official PFMS portal login
- Step 2 - Click on 'Login' and enter the username and password
- Step 3 - Click on 'Renewal Application Form'
- Step 4 - Update the details on the form
- Step 5 - Upload the correct supporting documents
- Step 6 - Check the details before clicking on 'Submit' and take a print out
Procedure to Reset PFMS Portal Login Password
The user should submit the correct Email ID and mobile number while registering. The system will send the login details to the registered mobile number and Email ID. They can retrieve or reset the password by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1 - The user should visit the PFMS login details page.
- Step 2 - The user should click on 'Forgot Password?'
- Step 3 - The user can either enter the login ID or Email ID
- Step 4 - The user should click on 'Verify Login ID' if he/she chooses to enter the login ID.
- Step 5 - The user should click on 'Send OTP' if he/she enters the Email.
- Step 4 - Enter the captcha and click on 'Continue.'
PFMS Login - Points to Remember
The key points to be kept in mind while availing the benefits of PFMS login:
- The user cannot share the login credentials
- The user should not share the digital certificate
- The PFMS portal login credentials should be deactivated when the registered user is transferred or retires
- The user should immediately report any suspicious or questionable activity
- The user should regularly check the mails and SMS received from PFMS
While filling the form, the applicant should remember the following key points:
- The applicants should mandatorily fill the columns marked with a red asterisk.
- The applicant should keep the bank details and mobile number ready before registration.
- Submit the correct mobile number
- If the candidates cannot find their category, they can select 'General Category.'
The PFMS login feature offers various services and provides several scholarships. Applicants should ensure that all the documents and information are kept ready before applying or renewing the scholarships. For further details, the candidates can check the PFMS scholarships.