Infrastructure at Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi:
IIT Mandi's main campus has been developed as an Eco-friendly and sustainable infrastructure campus. The total area of IIT Mandi is 538 acres of which about 200 acres is flat land while the rest is mountainous.
Know More about IIT Mandi
IIT Mandi has a Central Library located on the main campus with a branch in the transit campus, with a growing collection of books and journals in soft and in print forms. Library operations are automated using the KOHA LMS. Other facilities provided by the institute library are:
- The Library currently houses over 13,200 books and provides access to more than 3500 e-journals.
- The library has also subscribed to e-books from several reputed publishers, such as ASME, Cambridge University Press, Elsevier, IEEE, Pearson, Taylor & Francis, World scientific, Tata McGraw Hill and Wiley.
- It also has access to Ebrary - ebooks database.
- The Library also has a very good collection of AV materials, such as CDs and DVDs.
- All records of the library are accessible on a Web-based platform, Web OPAC.
IIT Mandi provides facilities for the following sports: Football, Cricket, Badminton, Lawn Tennis (proposed), Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Chess and Swimming, at both Mandi and Kamand Campuses.
- The "Paddle" ground next to the transit campus in Mandi has a very good football field
- There is a wooden court near the Institute, one in the Admin building, and there are badminton courts in the academic block as well
- As for now, the IIT Mandi sports council is proposing to have a new lawn tennis court
- Facilities for TT are available at all hostels, in the Academic Block at Mandi and in the mess at Kamand
- There are volleyball courts in the institute
- Two basketball courts are presently available for use by students, one of them being very close to the Boys' hostel
Currently, there are seven hostels spread over the Mandi town (five) and the Kamand Campus (two). Each hostel is managed by a Warden, ably assisted by an Assistant Warden, both faculty members, a caretaker and a dedicated team of support staff and guards. The other facilities in the hostel include:
- Mess in each hostel provides homely food
- Common rooms are equipped with LCD TVs, table tennis facilities and ample seating
- Reading rooms are provided with internet-connected PCs and tables and chairs for studying
The main campus at Kamand of IIT Mandi has well-equipped classrooms with modern facilities and also computing facilities. The facilities provided are:
- Good teaching laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering including basic and analogue Electronics and Mechanical Engineering have been developed
- A well-equipped Central Workshop with CNC lathe, CNC milling, rapid prototyping machine, and conventional machining, welding and foundry equipment
- A mechanical Design Lab has been set up to serve both as a teaching lab and as a research lab
- The thermo-fluids laboratory is equipped with instruments for measuring pressure, temperature and flow rates
- IIT Mandi has four sophisticated interactive virtual classrooms
- The institute has a High-Performance computational facility with 39 nodes based on Intel Xeon processors
- IIT Mandi has routers and switches with backbone ready for dual redundant connectivity of 1 Gbps from two internet service providers