EWS Quota in NEET 2023 is for the candidates whose family income is less than 8 LPA. 10% of seats are reserved for EWS candidates in NEET 2023.
The EWS quota in NEET 2023 is reserved for 10% among general category candidates as of 2023. Once the 10% reserved for the EWS quota is exhausted, candidates are eligible for the general category seats as well.
The NEET 2023 EWS quota means Economically Weaker Sections, where candidates are unable to secure seats due to financial issues.
|NEET Counselling 2023||NEET Cut off 2023|
Table of Contents
- What is EWS Quota in NEET-UG?
- EWS Reservation Eligibility 2023
- How to Obtain an EWS Certificate for NEET?
- EWS Quota Reservation in NEET-UG
- Participating Institutes in NEET-UG 2023 for EWS Quota
- NEET 2023 EWS Quota Government Medical College Reservation
- How to Apply for EWS Quota in NEET 2023?
- NEET EWS Quota Cutoff
- Which Authorities can issue the ‘Income and Asset Certificate’?
What is EWS Quota in NEET-UG?
What is the general EWS meaning? The 2019 Government policy regarding EWS Quota issued 10% of the total seats for the General Category EWS candidates as a reservation for MBBS/BDS admissions in Indian institutions. If the gross annual income of the candidate's family is less than INR 8 lakhs per annum, the candidate comes under the EWS quota for NEET-UG 2023.
Additionally, NEET 2023 EWS Quota is lower than the OBC quota, which makes it beneficial to general category candidates to seek admission.
|NEET MBBS Seats in Government Medical Colleges 2023||Documents Required for NEET Counselling 2023|
EWS Reservation Eligibility 2023
Medical aspirants can now apply for EWS Quota certification with confidence as the category quota is increased by the government. If you are unclear about the eligibility rules, we have it summed up for you, below:
- Candidates whose family income is less than INR 8 lakhs per annum.
- The candidate’s family must not own more than five acres of agricultural land or property.
- The residence of the candidate must be less than 1000 sq. ft, and the plot must be less than 100 square yards.
- In a non-notified municipal sector, the residential plot of the candidate must be less than 200 yards.
EWS Seat Matrix in NEET-UG
This varies with respect to different colleges. Given below is the EWS seat matrix for government colleges.
|Type: Government Medical Colleges||EWS Seat Matrix: 4000|
Also, Check: NEET State-Wise Rank List
How to Obtain an EWS Certificate for NEET?
There are a couple of procedure you need to go through in order to obtain your EWS certificate to produce in the NEET Exam (only if you comes under this category and do not have the certificate).
- Go to allowed government authorities in order to obtain your family Income Certificate and Assets Certificate.
- As per the rules of NEET-UG, the allowed government authorities are: SDO/ DM (District Magistrate)/ Additional DM/ Revenue Officer/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner etc.
- The next step lies with the Government Officer himself/herself. He/she will verify all your documents and if everything is in place, in accordance with government policy, the certificate will be issued.
- This certificate will be verified during your NEET-UG Counselling process if you have applied with the "General-EWS" quota.
- No document is required to be uploaded during the form fill-up of NEET.
EWS Quota Reservation in NEET-UG
EWS certification means economically weaker sections of the general category which require the reservation in NEET-UG to help them secure a seat.
The following is a list of institutions that participate in the NEET-UG EWS reservation scheme, and candidates are advised to check the eligibility rules before applying.
- State Government Medical Colleges
- Central University/ Institutes
- National Institutes
|NEET OMR Sheet||What is Category Rank in NEET 2023?|
Participating Institutes in NEET-UG 2023 for EWS Quota
Candidates can now apply through the EWS quota. What is the reservation in NEET for GEN-EWS? Listed below are the colleges that offer undergraduate education through NEET for the EWS quota:
|College Name||Location||Total Number of seats under EWS for NEET|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||New Delhi||18|
|University College of Medical Sciences||New Delhi||9|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital||New Delhi||9|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU||Varanasi||6|
|Medical College of RML Hospital||New Delhi||27|
NEET 2023 EWS Quota Government Medical College Reservation
Candidates looking for a seat in the Government Medical College under the EWS Quota 2023 can apply online and seek one among the available seats in the institution.
Government medical colleges have 4000 seats as per the EWS quota 2023 Seat Matrix.
The economically weaker section criteria must be met as per the eligibility rules.
|NEET Cut Off Marks for Government Colleges||NEET MBBS Seats in Government Medical Colleges 2023|
How to Apply for EWS Quota in NEET 2023?
If you want to apply for the EWS Quota in NEET-UG 2023, take a look at the steps below. It's an easy process but must be done carefully.
The EWS category form is available online and should be filled with precision. Follow these steps:
- Make sure you have your income and asset certificates available in hand from your government authorities.
- You can secure the certificates from a District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Additional District Magistrate or Additional Deputy Commissioner, Tehsildar, Revenue Officer or Sub-Divisional Officer.
- Once all documents are verified, you will be able to secure the certificates as prescribed by the state/UT law.
- After obtaining the documents and applying for NEET 2023, you can choose the category ‘General-EWS’ online.
- Do not upload the documents along with the NEET-UG application form.
- When you go for Counselling, you must produce the documents proving the EWS quota and secure your admission.
- If the certificates are not produced, the candidate will not be able to secure admission under the General category.
|NEET Passing Marks 2023||NEET Counselling FAQs 2023|
NEET 2023 EWS Quota Cutoff
The table below displays the expected cutoff for NEET general quota and general EWS. Candidates can follow the table to understand the percentile and cutoff procedure followed.
|Category||NEET Cutoff Percentile||NEET Cutoff|
|EWS & PH/UR||45 Percentile||137-122|
|BDS Cut off 2023 for Government Colleges||NEET Cutoff for BDS 2023|
Which Authorities can issue the ‘Income and Asset Certificate’?
The following authorities are competent to issue a certificate of income and assets. A candidate who is seeking reservations for NEET under the EWS quota category must approach these officials for issuing the same:
- Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate
- Chief Presidency Magistrate
- First Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Additional District Magistrate
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Deputy Commissioner
- Sub-Divisional Officer
- Presidency Magistrate
- District Magistrate
- Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Additional Deputy Commissioner
If you have any other questions about NEET 2023, make sure you visit GetMyUni's Complete Guide to NEET Exam and other related articles.
|OBC Reservation in NEET 2023||What After NEET 2023?|