|Conducted By||Ashoka University|
|Eligibility||Candidates with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree|
|Rewards||100% fee waiver|
|Last Date of Application||March 15, 2022|
The Young India Fellowship (YIF) programme, launched by Ashoka University, offers fellowship opportunities to students pursuing a postgraduate degree in liberal arts. The candidates applying for the young India fellowship come from various professional, academic and socio-economic backgrounds. The selected fellows will get an opportunity to engage in different areas of study and participate in research work.
The Ashoka university young India fellowship is tenable for one year. The PG diploma programme under the fellowship is based on Experiential Learning Module (ELM). ELM is a multidisciplinary course in liberal arts. The applications for the young India fellowship 2022-23 has opened from October 1st, 2021, and the early application deadline is March 15th, 2022.
Table of Contents
- What is Young India Fellowship?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Benefits of Young India Fellowship
- How to Apply for Young India Fellowship?
- Estimated Timeline
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
The young India fellowship aims to reward exceptional students. In collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Sciences in Pennsylvania, Ashoka University provides the young India fellowship programme. The institution accepts applications for the young India fellowship in three different rounds all through the year. The selected fellows will obtain admission for a one year PG diploma programme in liberal studies. The Ashoka young India fellowship programme offers a fee waiver of up to 100% fee waiver to the selected students.
What is Young India Fellowship?
The Young India Fellowship (YIF) objective is to improve the standard of education in the country. The programme accepts students from India and overseas. The selected fellows will get an opportunity to develop their interpersonal and intrapersonal skills. The applicants are read below to learn more about the young India fellowship.
- The YIF PG diploma curriculum is a multidisciplinary programme and does not stick to a particular subject. The Experiential Learning Module (ELM) will enable the fellows to enhance their perspectives in multiple fields. The Young India Fellowship (YIF) curriculum includes history, art appreciation, literature, psychology management, etc.
- The Young India Fellowship (YIF) consists of distinguished faculty members. It includes experts from India and overseas. The faculty includes professors who have graduated from Harvard, Yale, Pennsylvania and other elite institutions worldwide.
- The young India fellowship follows an Experiential Learning Module (ELM). It believes in teaching theoretical and practical knowledge for a better learning experience. The fellows get an opportunity to develop their problem-solving skills as they work with fellow students from diverse professional backgrounds.
- The young India fellowship students will attend sessions conducted by distinguished people. Some of the renowned speakers in the past include Madeleine K. Albright, former secretary of state, USA; Raghuram Rajan, governor of the reserve bank of India; Prannoy Roy, co-founder and mentor of NDTV and Dr Shashi Tharoor, parliamentarian and author, etc.
- The fellows under the young India fellowship should be knowledgeable in critical writing. They should be able to express their ideas and thoughts through their writing skills.
- The Ashoka university supports several organisations, philanthropists and leaders. With the help of these links, the institution offers partial or complete financial support to the selected fellows.
Young India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The young India fellowship selected over 300 exceptional candidates who want to bring a change to society. The programme specifically looks for candidates with leadership skills and other qualities such as integrity, initiative, self-awareness, etc. In addition, they should also meet the following young India fellowship eligibility:
- The candidates should hold a bachelor's or master's degree in any discipline from any recognised institution.
- They should not be over 28 years of age.
- The candidates should hold an excellent academic record.
- They should also be involved in extracurricular activities.
- The applicants should have written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits of Young India Fellowship
Ashoka university divides the young India fellowship fee structure into two parts. They are tuition fees and resident fees. The programme aims to recognise and reward exceptional candidates regardless of their economic background. The management will award the young India fellowship amount after verifying the candidate's financial and social background. In addition, Ashoka University offers need-based scholarships to students. The selected fellows will receive a partial or complete reward to cover the following young India fellowship costs:
- Expenses incurred for lectures and workshops
- Resident fee
- Reading costs, cost of young India fellowship courses, shared textbooks and library subscriptions
The programme waives up to 100% of the young India fellowship fees. Tabulated below are benefits of young India fellowship scholarship:
|Young India Fellowship||Scholarship Amount|
|Merit scholarship on tuition fee||50,000|
|25% scholarship on tuition fee||1,78,750|
|50% scholarship on tuition fee||3,57,500|
|75% scholarship on tuition fee||5,36,250|
|100% scholarship on tuition fee||7,15,000|
|Full young India fellowship scholarship||9,00,000|
How to Apply for Young India Fellowship?
Interested students can apply to the young India fellowship programme in three different rounds throughout the year. The programme follows a rigorous admission process. The candidates should submit their academic achievements, interests, activities and other details while applying for the programme. The stepwise process to apply for the young India fellowship are as follows:
Step 1: The candidates should visit the official youth India fellowship webpage and click on the apply tab.
Step 2: They should register for the youth India fellowship by creating an account. After successful registration, the candidates will receive the password on their registered email ID.
Step 3: Next, the candidates should log in with their credentials and fill in the Ashoka young India fellowship application form.
Step 4: They should also attach the required documents while filling up the application form.
Note: The candidates should note that the young India fellowship is a popular programme. They should be careful while submitting their Ashoka young India fellowship application details. The essays should be unique. It should include the candidate's aspirations and values they uphold. Therefore, they should submit an impressive application to stand out from the rest.
Step 5: Lastly, the candidates should submit the young India fellowship application form.
Estimated Timeline for Young India Fellowship
Ashoka University opens the applications for the young India fellowship for a specific period every year. Therefore, they invite applications in three different rounds all through the year. However, the young India fellowship key timeline mentioned below are tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion:
Round - 1
Given below are the details of the tentative timeline for candidates applying for the Ashoka university young India fellowship in round one:
|Commencement of applications||Between July and August|
|Young India fellowship application deadline||Between November and December|
|Interviews||Between October and January|
|Final offer||Between February and March|
Round - 2
Students who could not apply to the young India fellowship in round one can apply for the programme in round two. The estimated timelines of the fellowship are as follows:
|Commencement of applications||Between November and December|
|Young India fellowship application deadline||January|
|Interviews||Between December and March|
|Final offer||Between April and May|
Round - 3
Applicants who could not apply for the young India fellowship in rounds one and two can submit their applications in round three. The tentative timeline for the third round is as follows:
|Commencement of applications||Between January and February|
|Young India fellowship deadline||Between March and April|
|Interviews||Between March and May|
|Final offer||Between May and June|
|Offer sent to applicants on the waitlist||Between June and July|
Selection Process for Young India Fellowship
Ashoka University has divided the young India fellowship application process into three stages. The candidates should note they can get eliminated at each stage. Therefore, they should submit a detailed application to avoid being eliminated. The selection process of young India fellowship includes the following stages:
Stage 1: Application Assessment
The young India fellowship's selection committee will evaluate the applications. The committee will consist of faculty and executive members of the Young India Fellowship (YIF) programme. They will evaluate the candidates based on the previous academic merits and their involvement in extracurricular activities. In addition, they will also evaluate the fellows' essays about their thoughts and zeal for life.
Stage 2 - Telephonic Interview
The committee will invite the short-listed candidates for a telephonic interview. They will share the details of the interview to the candidate's registered email ID. The committee will inquire about the candidate's details submitted on the application form over a 20-minute call.
Stage 3- Comprehension Test and Personal Interview
The candidates should attempt the comprehension test before attending the personal interview. The management holds the comprehension test on the day of the personal interview. The test will evaluate the candidates' reading, articulation, critical thinking, and understanding abilities. The committee will organise the interview in Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Candidates who are staying overseas can attend the interview over a Skype call.
Contact Details of Young India Fellowship
In case of any queries regarding the young India fellowship scholarship, the candidates can reach out to the providers. The contact details are as follows:
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Plot No. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, National Capital Region P.O.Rai, Sonepat Haryana-131029|