|Conducted By||Sarojini Damodaran Foundation|
|Eligibility||Class 10 pass-outs|
|Region||Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra|
|Rewards||Up to INR 60,000 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the Vidyadhan Scholarship?
The Vidyadhan Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation which provides financial support to meritorious students from economically backward families to pursue their college education. The Class 10 pass out students are selected through a rigorous test and interview process. Currently, around 2800 students are benefitting from the scholarship program. Selected scholars are given scholarship benefits for 2 years (Class 11&12). The candidates with outstanding performance will be given a scholarship extension to help with the degree course.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Application Process
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Documents Required
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Selection Process
- Vidyadhan Scholarship Contact Details
Vidyadhan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The Vidyadhan Scholarship is awarded to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker backgrounds. The other eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to avail the scholarship benefits are listed below:
- The applicant should have scored at least 90% marks or equivalent in the Class 10/ SSc examination.
- Disabled candidates should have scored at least 75% marks in Class 10 qualifying examination.
- The students should have completed their Class 10 education from Kerala, Karnataka, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, and Maharashtra.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 2,00,000 from all sources.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The scholarship benefits availed by the students selected for the Vidyodhan scholarship program are given below:
- The selected candidates belonging to Kerala will receive a scholarship amount of INR 5000 per annum to pursue Plus 1 and Plus 2 education.
- The selected students belonging to Karnataka, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, and Maharashtra will receive a scholarship amount of INR 6000 per annum to pursue Class 11 and Class 12.
- The selected students have to attend the mentoring program from the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation.
- Outstanding secondary level students will be provided with a scholarship to pursue their degree program in any discipline.
- Students pursuing graduate-level programs will receive a scholarship amount of INR 10,000 - INR 60,000 per annum based on the course, duration of the course, state, etc.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Application Process:
The application process of the Vidyadhan Scholarship is completely online. The step-wise application process is explained below:
- Interested applicants should visit the Vidyadhan Scholarship official website.
- He/ she should click on the ‘Apply for Scholarship’ tab displayed on the homepage.
- New applicants should first register on the Vidyadhan scholarship portal.
- Post successful registration, an activation link is sent to the mail address used for registration.
- The candidate should click on the activation link to complete the registration process.
- The student should now log in to the website to access all the applicable scholarships according to the state.
- The applicant can now access the Vidyadhan Scholarship application form.
- The candidate should fill in all the relevant details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, etc and upload all the necessary documents along with the application form.
- The applicants are prompted to create a new password for future reference and tracking.
- Finally, the candidate should click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
- A copy of the confirmation page of the submitted application should be taken for future reference/ correspondence.
- Any future communication by the sponsor will be done through the Email ID provided at the time of registration.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Documents Required:
The necessary documents to be attached with the Vidyadhan Scholarship application form are listed below:
- SSLC/ SSC/ Class 10 or equivalent marks card (If original marks card is not available, the students can upload the provisional marks card from the respective State/ CBSE/ ICSE board website)
- Passport size photograph
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Vidyadhan Scholarship Selection Process:
The candidates are selected for the scholarship based on the eligibility criteria and the details in the application form. The detailed selection process for the Vidyadhan scholarship is given below:
- The initial selection of candidates is based on academic performance and other details in the application form.
- The selected students will have to appear for a test and an interview process.
- The date, time, and location of the exam/ interview will be communicated individually to the shortlisted candidates via email or SMS.
- In certain cases, the travel expenses of the students and the parent will be reimbursed by the scholarship committee.
- Email ID: [email protected]