|Conducted By||Teach for India|
|Eligibility||Minimum Bachelors Degree|
|Rewards||Upto INR 20,412 per month, Housing Allowance- upto INR 10,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 24, 2021|
Teach For India Fellowship is aimed at young professionals, college students, entrepreneurs and working youth who have effective leadership qualities and ambitious about serving as teachers to children of financially unsecured and underprivileged.
The two-year Fellowship Program endeavored to sculpt India’s most promising and brightest youth in order to use their leadership essence to educate and inspire the children in need. Selected applicants will be teaching across the country in India’s most under-resourced schools with a monthly salary of INR 20,412 and housing allowance of INR 5,300 to INR 10,000.
Teach for India was founded in the year 2008 by a group of activists guided by Shaheen Mistri implementing the theory of Teach for America, in India. Interested candidates can apply before the final application deadline 24th March, 2021.
Fellowship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Dates
- Contact Details
Teach For India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with exceptional skills and academic proficiency can apply for the Fellowship:
- Teach For India encourages candidates with soft skills such as Leadership, Problem-solving, Critical thinking to apply for the Fellowship.
- Applicant must have a minimum graduate (Bachelor’s) degree from any stream to apply for the Fellowship.
- Candidates from any levels of experience can apply for the TFI Fellowship.
- Applicant must be academically proficient.
- Young candidates working across the country, studying in colleges, entrepreneurs, professionals are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be proficient and should have a good command over the English language.
Note: Teach For India is looking for candidates to serve as full-time teachers
Teach For India Fellowship Rewards and Benefits:
Teach for India provides a five-week residential training to all selected candidates before the Fellowship Program. Each fellow will have a program manager in the form of a mentor, he/ she will be guiding the candidates to become efficient teachers and leaders.
- A salary of INR 20,412 per month will be granted to each Teach for India Fellow.
- In case of relocation, Fellows can benefit INR 5,300 to INR 10,000 as housing allowance (This amount can vary from minimum to maximum depending on the city in which the candidate have been relocated).
- Selected Fellows will be provided with an allowance for school supplies.
Application Procedure for Teach For India Fellowship:
Desirable candidates are requested to apply online through the official website of Teach for India:
- Visit the TFI website and click on Apply Now.
- Enter name, phone number, email id and get the OTP.
- Enter the OTP number and register.
- Review all the eligibility criteria and procedures.
- Enroll all the required information on the Basic Information section.
- Click on Save Section & Proceed.
Teach For India Fellowship 2020-21 Selection Process:
The applicants are shortlisted based on the following screening process:
- The Fellowship Scheme selects candidates based on their academic proficiency, soft skills and all other eligibility criteria of TFI Fellowship.
- The Selection Process consists of three stages, as the Fellowship has a selectivity rate ranging from 6 percent to 8.5 percent;
Stage I - The Application Form and Online Test
- The application form can be as detailed as the candidate want it to be. It should define why a candidate would be fit for the Fellowship.
- Once the application form is submitted, the next step is an online test (AMCAT) with a duration of one hour. The online test focuses on situational judgment and English language ability.
- Once the application form is submitted the online test must be completed within 4 days or 96 hours.
Note: The application will be considered as complete only after the completion of the online test.
Stage II - The Phone Interview
- Following the form submission and AMCAT test results, there will be a telephonic interview with one of the TFI Fellowship team members.
- The phone interview is of 30-minute duration to know more about the candidate through follow up questions.
Stage III - The Assessment Centre
- The applicants selected from the first two stages will be called for the final stage of the selection process that is an in-person assessment center.
- In the assessment center, candidates should teach a five-minute lesson, appear for a group discussion and participate in a problem-solving activity.
- There will be an hour-long personal interview with one of the staff members.
Note: Candidates who are abroad can appear for the interview and relevant activities over Skype.
Important Dates for Teach for India Fellowship:
For each round, the application deadline is 10:00 PM IST.
|1||16th September 2020||6th September 2020|
|2||8th november 2020||20 November 2020|
|3||17th January 2021||28 January 2021|
|4||14th March 2021||24th March 2021|
Last Date of Application: 24th March 2021.
Teach For India Fellowship Terms and Conditions:
The conditions to be followed to avail the scholarship is mentioned below:
- Candidates selected for TFI Fellowship should be teaching from class 2 to class 10th.
- Selected Fellows will teach all major subjects (English, Mathematics, Social studies and Science).
- All selected candidates must be teaching in under-resourced schools in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru.
- Selected TFI Fellows will be full-time teachers for the next two years.
Note: It is not necessary to take classes in regional language as the schools chosen by TFI are English Medium.
- E-mail ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: +91 11 40543751, +91 11 65658666
- Address: Teach For India N-23, Second Floor, Green Park Extn. New Delhi - 110016