|Conducted By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Eligibility||Differently-abled candidates enrolled in the 1st year of technical degree/ diploma course|
|Rewards||Up to INR 30,000 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the Saksham Scholarship?
The Saksham Scholarship Scheme is awarded by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to differently-abled students pursuing technical degree/ diploma courses from AICTE recognized institutions in India. The primary goal of the scholarship is to promote technical education by offering financial assistance to the differently-abled students in order to continue their professional studies. Up to 1000 AICTE Saksham scholarships are available for the students disbursal every year.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Saksham Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Saksham Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Saksham Scholarship Application Process
- Saksham Scholarship Documents Required
- Saksham Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Saksham Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Saksham Scholarship Contact Details
Saksham Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The AICTE Saksham scholarship is provided to differently-abled candidates to pursue their education. The other eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for scholarship application is given below:
- The candidate should be specially-abled with the disability level not less than 40%.
- The student should be enrolled in the 1st year of technical degree/ diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institutions/universities through the centralized admission process of the State/ Central Government.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 8,00,000 from all sources.
Saksham Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
A total of 1000 scholarships are disbursed every year with 500 scholarships to degree students and 500 scholarships to diploma students. The other benefits offered by the Sakham scholarship are listed below:
- Selected candidates receive a scholarship amount of INR 30,000 or actual (whichever is less) towards tuition fees.
- The candidate receives incidental charges of INR 2000 per month for a period of 10 months every year.
- In the case of tuition fee reimbursement/ waiver, the candidates get INR 30,000 for buying books, software, equipment, desktop/ laptop, vehicle or competitive exam application fee.
Saksham Scholarship Application Process:
The Saksham scholarship application form is accessed and submitted online. The step-wise application process is given below:
- The interested applicants should visit the AICTE Pragati Saksham Scholarship Application portal.
- He/ she should click on the ‘Register Here’ to initiate the registration process.
- The candidate should enter all the required details and register to create a new profile.
- After successful registration, the applicant will receive a confirmation link to the registered email ID.
- The candidate should click on the email link to confirm the registration.
- The student should now log in to the website using the newly registered email ID and password.
- The Saksham Scholarship application form is displayed and the candidate should fill in all the details such as personal details, family income details, education, institution details, and bank details in the application form.
- The applicant should upload all the supporting documents in the prescribed format along with the application.
- Finally, the candidate should click on ‘Submit’ to complete the application process.
Saksham Scholarship Documents Required:
The necessary documents that should be uploaded along with the Saksham scholarship application form are listed below:
- Class 10/ Class 12 mark sheet (as applicable)
- Annual income certificate of the family in the prescribed format issued by the official
- Admission letter for proof of admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Bonafide Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Disability certificate issued by the respective authority
- Tuition fee receipt
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card displaying the candidate’s photograph, account number, and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by the parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
Saksham Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The differently-abled candidates are selected based on merit. The other selection criteria based on which candidates are shortlisted are listed below:
- Candidates enrolled in AICTE approved College/ institution through the centralized admission process(Government quota) are selected for the Sakham scholarship on the basis of merit.
- 15% scholarship reservation for SC students
- 7.5% scholarship reservation for ST students
- 27% scholarship reservation for OBC students
Saksham Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
- Students who have obtained admission through Management quota are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidates should have a general savings bank account. Candidates having Minor/ Joint/ FRILL bank account are not eligible.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the candidates’ bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- If there is a shortage of applicants for the degree/ diploma program, then the degree/ diploma scholarships are transferable.
- The applicants pursuing a dual degree/ integrated degree/ lateral entry program at the UG degree/ diploma level are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Address: ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi -110070
- Helpline Number: 011-29581000
- Email ID: [email protected]