|Conducted By||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Foundation|
|Eligibility||Candidates pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees|
|Last Date of Application||September 21, 2022|
ONGC scholarship is available to the students pursuing engineering, MBBS, MBA, master in geophysics/geology courses. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited provides the scholarship as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. The candidates who are Indian citizens and studying in institutions recognised by the government can apply to the ONGC scholarship.
ONGC is the largest producer of natural gas and crude oil in India. Besides ONGC scholarship, the corporation also offers education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, women empowerment, water management and other services. The ONGC Foundation scholarship aims to transform the lives of underprivileged students. The readers should note the last date mentioned is tentative and can be changed at the provider's discretion. The applications for the ONGC scholarship are open from September 21st, 2022.
Table of Contents
- ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- ONGC Scholarship Benefits
- How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship?
- ONGC Scholarship Postal Address
- ONGC Scholarship Selection Process
- Terms and Conditions of ONGC Scholarship
- Contact Details
|Check Other Top Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The students belonging to OBC, SC/ ST and economically weaker sections of general categories can apply to the ONGC scholarship. They should ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the scholarship. Listed below are the eligibility criteria of the ONGC scholarship 2022:
- The candidates should be Indian citizens.
- They should belong to the OBC, SC/ ST or general category.
- They should be pursuing their first year of BE [Bachelor of Engineering], MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery], MBA [Master of Business Administration] or masters in geology/geophysics.
- The candidates should be pursuing regular full-time courses.
- The AICTE, MIC, UGC, AIU, state educational boards, state government and central government should approve the institutions.
- They should secure a minimum score of 60% in the class XII board exams.
Note: The candidates should have secured a minimum of 6.0 out of 10 points in OGPA/CGPA.
- They should not be over 30 years of age.
- The family income should not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum for students belonging to the OBC and general categories.
- The family income should not exceed INR 4,50,000 per annum, INR 37,500 per month, for students belonging to the SC/ ST category.
ONGC Scholarship Benefits
The foundation will select 500 students for the OBC category, 500 students from the general and 1000 candidates from the SC/ST category to benefit from the ONGC scholarship each year. The students should not be availing benefits from any other scholarships at the time of application. The benefits of the ONGC scholarship 2022 are as follows:
- The selected students will receive INR 4,000 per month, that is INR 48,000 per annum.
- The ONGC Foundation reserves 50% of the total scholarship seats for female students.
ONGC Scholarship Distribution
The foundation distributes the ONGC scholarships according to streams and zones. They provide 1,000 scholarships every year based on stream-wise and zonal wise. The details of the ONGC scholarship distribution are as follows:
Stream-wise Distribution of ONGC Scholarship
The ONGC foundation distributes the scholarships to students pursuing engineering, medical, MBA and masters in geology/geophysics courses.
- Bachelor of Engineering [BE] - 494 scholarships
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery [MBBS] - 90 scholarships
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] - 146 scholarships
- Masters in geology/geophysics - 270 scholarships
Zone Wise Distribution of ONGC Scholarship
The providers have divided the Indian states into five zones. They are north, north-east, east, west and south. The ONGC scholarship distribution details for each zone is:
- North Zone - 200 scholarships
Note: The north zone consists of Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and the Uttarakhand states.
- North-East Zone - 200 scholarships
Note: The states covered in the north-east zone are Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland.
- East Zone - 200 scholarships
Note: The east zone covers Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
- West Zone - 200 scholarships
Note: The west zone consists of the following states: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
- South Zone - 200 scholarships
Note: The south zone comprises Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar islands, Lakshadweep.
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship?
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply for the scholarship. They should submit the ONGC scholarship application form online, take a print-out and send it to the designated ONGC scholarship office in their respective zones.
Online Application Process
The candidates can apply for the ONGC scholarship through online and offline mode. The steps to apply online are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official ONGC Foundation scholarship portal.
Step 2 - They should click on the 'apply scholarship' button.
Step 3 - The candidates should select and click on the scholarship.
Step 4 - They should agree to the terms and tick the box.
Step 5 - The candidates can start filling in the application form by clicking on 'apply'.
Step 6 - After filling in the application form, they should scan and upload the mandatory documents.
Step 7 - The candidates should double-check the information before clicking on the 'submit' option.
Step 8 - They should take a print-out of the application form after submitting it.
Step 9 - The students should send the print-out of the application form and hard copies of the required documents to the ONGC scholarship office in the prescribed format.
Offline Application Process
The students can apply for the ONGC scholarship through offline mode as well. The stepwise procedure to apply offline are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should download the application form from the ONGC official website.
Step 2 - They should take a print out of the application form and fill it with the required details.
Step 3 - The candidates should stick a passport size photo on their application form.
Step 4 - They should also attach hard copies of their documents with the application form.
Step 5 - The candidates should enclose the application form, documents and send them to the official address.
Note: The documents should be duly certified by the dean, head or principal of the educational institution.
Postal Address of the ONGC Scholarship Zones
The candidates should send the print out of the application form and documents to the ONGC scholarship office in their zones. The zonal addresses are based on the educational institution's location and not based on their domicile. The applicants can refer to the table to know the address of their respective zones.
|North||Chief Manager (HR), Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248003|
|North-East||Incharge HR/ER, SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, BG Road, Sivasagar, Assam – 785640|
|East||Incharge HR/ER, MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071|
|West||GM (HR), ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69,Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400051|
|South||Incharge HR/ER, ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600008|
Mandatory Documents for ONGC Scholarship
The candidates should submit the valid documents in the prescribed format. The information of the records should be accurate and factual. The essential documents to be submitted while applying for the ONGC scholarship 2022 are as follows:
- Passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (It should be in the English or Hindi language)
- Age proof (either birth certificate or class X mark sheet)
- Class XII mark sheets (for students pursuing BE and MBBS)
- Graduation mark sheets (for students pursuing MBA and masters in geology/geophysics)
- Annual income certificate issued by the competent authorities (It should either be in the English or Hindi language)
- Bank details containing the bank name, beneficiary's name, bank branch and IFSC code
- A copy of the PAN card
Note: The candidates can check the ONGC scholarship selected list 2022 on the official website.
ONGC Scholarship Selection Process
The team selects the candidates based on their academic merit and financial need. The ONGC corporation decides the final list of scholars. The objective is to offer financial support to the meritorious students from weaker sections of society. The selection process for the ONGC scholarship are:
- The team selects the students applying for the BE and MBBS scholarships based on their marks in the class XII board exams.
- The team selects the candidates pursuing an MBA or masters in geology/geophysics based on their bachelor's degree marks.
- The selection team will prioritise the candidates belonging to lower-income families.
- The candidates belonging to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families will get the top preference.
ONGC Scholarship Terms and Conditions
To ensure a smooth process in implementing and disbursing the ONGC scholarship, the committee has set up a few terms and conditions. They are:
- To continue receiving the ONGC scholarship benefits, the selected candidates should maintain an excellent academic record and good conduct throughout their course.
- The candidates will not receive the scholarship amount if they cannot maintain the academic or conduct requirements.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks or have obtained at least 5 grade points out of 10 in the qualifying examinations to continue receiving the ONGC scholarship amount.
- The candidates who wish to continue the benefits can apply for renewal by filling and submitting the ONGC scholarship renewal form available on the website. However, they should maintain the required percentage.
ONGC Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries, the candidates can reach out to the following address:
|Phone Number||011-26753125 and 011-26753132|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||#3012, 3rd Floor, Deen Dayal Urja Bhavan, 5, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasnt Kunj, New Delhi 110070.|
|Oasis Scholarship||TS ePASS Scholarship (Telangana ePASS)|
|e-grantz Scholarship||SSP Scholarship|
|Prize Money Scholarship||Umbrella Scholarship|
|B.Ed Scholarships||BA Scholarships|
ONGC Scholarship FAQs
How to apply online for ONGC Scholarship?
The candidates can apply for the ONGC scholarship by filling the application form online and uploading the necessary documents. After submitting the form online, the candidates should take a print-out of the application form, attach the hard copies of their papers and send it to their respective zonal address.
What is the ONGC scholarship reward?
The ONGC scholarship reward is INR 48,000 per annum.
Who can apply for the ONGC scholarship?
The candidates belonging to the SC/ ST, OBC and weaker sections of general categories can apply to the ONGC scholarship. They should be pursuing the first year of BE, MBBS, MBA or masters in geology/geophysics.