|Conducted By||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited|
|Eligibility||Class 12 pass-outs and Graduates|
|Rewards||INR 48,000 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
What is the ONGC Scholarship?
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited provides financial aid to meritorious and deserving students belonging to SC/ ST category to pursue professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, MBA, and Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics. 1000 students benefit from the ONGC scholarship every year with 50% of the scholarships reserved for female candidates.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- ONGC Scholarship Important Dates
- ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- ONGC Scholarship Application Process
- Documents Required
- ONGC Scholarship Selection Process
- Terms and Conditions
- ONGC Scholarship Results
- Contact Details
ONGC Scholarship Important Dates:
The application period for the ONGC scholarship and the date of declaration of the result is given below:
ONGC Scholarship Applications Start Date
ONGC Scholarship Applications End Date
Final List of Scholarship Beneficiary
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The ONGC Scholarship is provided to SC/ ST students to pursue education anywhere in India. The other eligibility criteria for the scholarship are listed below:
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen belonging to the SC/ ST category.
- He/ she should be maximum 30 years of age as on November 1st of the current academic year.
- The candidate should be a full-time student pursuing the first year of the Engineering/ MBBS course or first year of MBA/ Masters in Geology or Geophysics at an AICTE/ UGC/ MCI/ State University/ State Education Board/ Central University/ Central Government Institution.
- Applicants pursuing Engineering/ MBBS should have scored at least 60% marks in the Class 12 examination.
- Candidates pursuing MBA/ Masters in Geology or Geophysics should have scored at least 60% marks or equivalent at graduation level.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 4,50,000 from all sources.
ONGC Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The scholarship benefits to be availed by the applicants along with the stream-wise and zone-wise distribution of the scholarship are given below:
- Selected candidates get INR 4000 per month (INR 48,000 per annum).
- 1000 scholarships are provided every year for the students’ benefit.
- Stream-wise distribution of scholarships - 494 scholarships for Engineering students, 90 for MBBS students, 146 for MBA students, and 270 for students pursuing Masters in Geology/ Geophysics.
- 200 scholarships for students belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand (North zone).
- 200 scholarships for students belonging to Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu (West zone).
- 200 scholarships for students belonging to Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Nagaland (North-East zone).
- 200 scholarships to students belonging to Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal, Chattisgarh, and Jharkhand (East zone).
- 200 scholarships to students belonging to Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep (South zone).
ONGC Scholarship Application Process:
The application form for the ONGC scholarship is available for download online. The detailed application process is explained below:
- Interested applicants should visit the ONGC Scholarship official website.
- He/ she should download the application format available on the website.
- The candidate should fill in all the required details in the application form (in Capital letters).
- The complete application form should be checked for valid details to avoid rejection by the authorities during verification.
- The applicant should upload all the supporting documents that are duly certified as well as forwarded by the Dean/ Head/ Principal of the university/ institution.
- The application along with all the supporting documents should be enclosed in an envelope and sent to the designated ONGC office of the respective zone based on the location of the college/ university where the applicant is pursuing education.
- The Zone-wise Address for Submitting ONGC Scholarship Application Form is given below:
Chief Manager (HR)Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun - 248003
General Manager (HR), ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai - 400051
Incharge HR/ ER, SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, B.G. Road, Sivasagar - 785640, Assam
Incharge HR/ ER, MBA Basin, ONGC, 50- J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata- 700071
Incharge HR/ ER, ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower- 1, Gandhi- Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai - 600008
ONGC Scholarship Documents Required:
The documents to be submitted along with the ONGC application form are given below:
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Birth certificate/ Class 10 Marks card
- Mark sheet of the last qualifying examination
- Income certificate
- Bank details in the prescribed format
- Copy of PAN card
ONGC Scholarship Selection Process:
The selection of the candidates is done based on academic merit. The detailed selection criteria are listed below:
- The final list of candidates is selected by the company.
- For students pursuing Engineering/ MBBS, the selection is done based on the performance in the Class 12 examination.
- For students pursuing an MBA degree or a Masters course in Geology or Geophysics, the selection is done based on performance at graduation level.
- If two candidates score the same marks in the examination, the candidate with lower family income is selected for the scholarship.
- Preference is given to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families over others.
- If there are fewer candidates from BPL families who fulfill the eligibility criteria, then only other candidates are considered for the scholarship.
ONGC Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The students applying for the ONGC scholarship need to fulfill the conditions listed below:
- The candidates willing to avail of the ONGC scholarship should not be availing any other scholarship or financial aid.
- The scholars receiving the scholarship should give satisfactory performance in the qualifying annual exams and good behavioral conduct to continue benefitting from the scholarship every year throughout the course.
- The candidates should score at least 50% marks or equivalent in the qualifying examination to be able to continue getting the scholarship amount.
- If the scholarship is discontinued, the applicant should apply for the renewal by filling in the renewal form for the scholarship provided they have the required grades to be eligible to apply.
ONGC Scholarship Result:
The ONGC Scholarship result is released on the ONGC official website in the last week of March 2020. The candidates should visit the website to get the final list of scholarship beneficiaries. The documents of the selected candidates are verified after the result declaration and all the eligible applicants are awarded the scholarship.
#3012, 3rd Floor, Deen Dayal Urja Bhavan,
5, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Helpline Number: 011-26753125, 011-26753132