|Conducted By||Japan's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Embassy of Japan in India|
|Eligibility||The candidates should belong to a country that has a diplomatic relationship with Japan.|
|Region||India and Japan|
|Rewards||117,000 Yen per month and additional benefits|
|Last Date of Application||May 28, 2021|
MEXT Scholarship is an initiative under the Japanese Government enabling international students to pursue their academics at Japenese Universities fully funded. The scholarship scheme funds a vast multitude of degree studies in Japan. The current scheme is a practical application of the "300,000 Foreign Students Plan" wherein the Ministry of Education in Japan plans to increase the Foreign Students population to 300,000 students. The last date to apply for the specialized training college students under the MEXT scholarship is May 28th, 2021.
Note: The last date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change.
Only those students who are enrolled in the following mentioned courses are granted the scholarship:
- Humanities and Social Science
- Part A - Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language
- Part B - Economics, Business Administration
- Natural Science A
Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)
Electric and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering)
Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture)
Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering)
Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering)
Other Fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology)
- Natural Science - B
Agricultural Studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries)
Hygienic Studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing)
Science ( Biology)
- Natural Science - C
MEXT Scholarship Quick Links:
- MEXT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
MEXT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Meritorious students who are willing to pursue their studies from Japan are eligible for the scholarship. Detailed Eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidates must be born after April 02nd, 1987.
- Candidates must have an academic qualification of high school graduation.
- Candidates must not be Citizens of Japan or have permanent residence permission in Japan.
MEXT Scholarship Rewards:
Under MEXT Scholarship a number of facilities and rewards are provided to students. The detailed rewards and facilities are mentioned:
- Approximately 18 undergraduate scholarships are granted every year depending on the written test score.
- The scholarships are granted for 5 years with 1 year of Japanese Language Training.
- The scholarship stipend is 117,000 Yen/ month.
- Scholars are exempted completely from Tuition Fee.
- The scholars' roundtrip airfare will be also be provided.
MEXT Scholarship Application Process:
Candidates must apply online for the MEXT Scholarship. The MEXT scholarship last date for the specialized training college students application is May 28th, 2021. The detailed application process is listed below:
- An application form can be requested from the same.
- More information can be found here
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully submit the application form along with the required documents.
The candidates can also apply in the following alternative way:
- A candidate can apply to one university only for MEXT Scholarship. Multiple applications will result in cancellation of the scholarship.
- Candidates must fill in the application form of that university along with the criteria MEXT Scholarship upholds.
MEXT Scholarship Selection Process:
The selection will be done by a panel based on the performance of the candidates. The detailed selection procedure is mentioned below:
- First, the applications will be reviewed by the panel for their understanding of the aspirations and plan of interests of the candidates, their academic as well as extra academic excellence, etc.
- The shortlisted candidates (for written test/ interview) will be displayed on the website.
- They will conduct a written test/ interview.
MEXT Scholarship Contact Details:
- Mr. S. Sinha, Tel: 99530-18030
- Ms. Anshula, Email: [email protected]
- Address: Japan Information Centre (JIC), Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021.