|Conducted By||Government of Japan (Embassy of Japan in India)|
|Eligibility||High school Graduation|
|Rewards||117,000 Yen per month - INR 73,876.62|
|Last Date of Application||June 14, 2021|
MEXT Scholarship Summary:
MEXT Scholarship is an initiative under the Japanese Government enabling international students to pursue their academics at Japenese Universities fully funded. The scholarship scheme funds a vast multitude of degree studies in Japan. The current scheme is a practical application of the "300,000 Foreign Students Plan" wherein the Ministry of Education in Japan plans to increase the Foreign Students population to 300,000 students by 2021.
Only those students who are enrolled in the following mentioned courses are granted the scholarship:
- Humanities and Social Science
- Part A - Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language
- Part B - Economics, Business Administration
- Natural Science A
Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)
Electric and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering)
Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture)
Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering)
Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering)
Other Fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology)
- Natural Science - B
Agricultural Studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries)
Hygienic Studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing)
Science ( Biology)
- Natural Science - C
MEXT Scholarship Quick Links:
- MEXT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
MEXT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Meritorious students who are willing to pursue their studies from Japan are eligible for the scholarship. Detailed Eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The candidates must be born between 02-04-1995 and 01-04-2003.
- Candidates must have an academic qualification of high school graduation.
- Candidates must not be Citizens of Japan or have permanent residence permission in Japan.
MEXT Scholarship Rewards:
Under MEXT Scholarship a number of facilities and rewards are provided to students. The detailed rewards and facilities are mentioned:
- Approximately 18 undergraduate scholarships are granted every year depending on the written test score.
- The scholarships are granted for 5 years with 1 year of Japanese Language Training.
- The scholarship stipend is 117,000 Yen/ month.
- Scholars are exempted completely from Tuition Fee.
- The scholars' roundtrip airfare will be also be provided.
MEXT Scholarship Application Process:
Candidates must apply online for the MEXT Scholarship. The deadline for undergraduate application is June 2021. The detailed application process is listed below:
- An application form can be requested from the same.
- More information can be found on https://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/Education/Undergraduate_Student.html
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully submit the application form along with the required documents.
The candidates can also apply in the following alternative way:
- A candidate can apply to one university only for MEXT Scholarship. Multiple applications will result in cancellation of the scholarship.
- Candidates must fill in the application form of that university along with the criteria MEXT Scholarship upholds.
MEXT Scholarship Selection Process:
The selection will be done by a panel based on the performance of the candidates. The detailed selection procedure is mentioned below:
- First, the applications will be reviewed by the panel for their understanding of the aspirations and plan of interests of the candidates, their academic as well as extra academic excellence, etc.
- The shortlisted candidates (for written test/ interview) will be displayed on the website mentioned above on June 2021.
- The date for written test/ interview is July 2021.
MEXT Scholarship Contact Details:
- Address: Plot No.4&5, 50-G Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-11002, India.
- Telephone: +91-11-4610-4610/2687-6581
- Email: [email protected]