|Conducted By||Life Insurance Corporation of India|
|Eligibility||Students from financially weak backgrounds interested in higher studies|
|Rewards||Up to Rs. 20,000/- per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the LIC Scholarship?
The Golden Jubilee Foundation of LIC awards the scholarship to meritorious students from weaker economic backgrounds to pursue their higher education. The scheme offers 10 scholarships each to boys and girls who have passed their Class 10th/ 12th examination. The students can avail of education in any government or private college in India. The scheme also covers the technical or vocational courses taken at the Industrial Training Institutes affiliated to the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).
Scholarship Quick Links:
- LIC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- LIC Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- LIC Scholarship Application Process
- LIC Scholarship Documents Required
- LIC Scholarship Selection Process
- LIC Scholarship Contact Details
LIC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
LIC Scholarship has schemes for Regular Scholars as well as for the Special Girl Child Scholar who is interested in pursuing 10+2 education. The detailed eligibility criteria are as follows:
For Regular Scholars:
- Candidate should score at least 60% in their 12th.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs.1,00,000 per annum.
- The candidates who are interested in pursuing higher studies in the field of Medicine, Engineering, or any other field are eligible to apply.
- The applicant willing to pursue a Diploma in any field or Vocational courses from any Government recognized college can apply.
- The students who have completed 10th and are willing to pursue Vocational courses from any Government recognized college can apply provided they have scored at least 60% marks and their family income does not exceed Rs.1,00,000 per annum.
For Special Girl Child Scholars:
- To promote girl child education, this Special Girl Child scheme is provided for 2 years to girls who have passed 10th and are willing for 10+2 education.
- The applicant should have scored at least 60% and her family income should not exceed 1 lakh p.a.
LIC Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
LIC Scholarship is awarded to students of economically weak backgrounds to pursue their higher education. The benefits under the different schemes are listed below:
For Regular Scholars:
- An amount of Rs. 20,000 p.a will be awarded in 3 quarterly installments to all the selected candidates.
- The scholarship is offered for the entire duration of the course.
For Special Girl Child Scholars:
- An amount of Rs. 10,000 p.a will be awarded in 3 quarterly installments to all the selected candidates.
- The scholarship is offered for a duration of 2 years.
Application Process for LIC Scholarship:
Interested candidates should apply for the LIC Scholarship through LIC's official website. Detailed procedure to apply is given below :
- The applicant should scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click on the "Golden Jubilee Foundation" link.
- Next, the candidate should click on the "Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme" link displayed on the right side of the screen.
- A detailed description of the Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme is displayed on the screen.
- If eligible, the candidate should click on "LIC golden jubilee scholarship 2020-21 apply online".
- The applicant should fill all the valid personal details, educational qualifications, bank details, etc in the application form.
- The candidate will get an acknowledgment of the same to the email address mentioned in the application.
- A valid email address and phone number should be entered for further communications.
- The divisional office will contact the candidate for further correspondence.
Documents Required for applying for the LIC Scholarship:
All documents to be provided by the applicant is listed below:
- Bank account details and IFSC code
- Copy of canceled cheque with the name of the beneficiary
- Income certificate along with supporting documents
- Address proof
- Scanned signature
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photo
- Mark sheet of the previous exam
Selection Process for LIC Scholarship:
Candidates are selected purely based on merit. However, preference is given to applicants based on the ascending order of family income. The other points considered while selecting the deserving candidates are:
- Meritorious candidates with the least family income will be given preference over others.
- The scholarship is not given to more than one applicant from the same family.
- To continue getting the scholarship through the course, the candidate should regularly attend the classes and should have scored at least 55% marks in Professional courses and at least 50% marks in other Arts/ Science/ Commerce graduation courses.
- Any misconduct or violation of the terms and conditions will result in the scholarship being suspended or canceled.
- The LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship regulations are subject to change at the discretion of the Board of trustees.
- The foundation takes initiative in developing a comprehensive system for the collection and disbursement of the scholarship to shortlisted students.
- The foundation also evaluates the scheme at regular intervals.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Address: Life Insurance Corporation of India – Corporate Office, Yogakshema Building, Jeevan Bima Marg, P.O. Box No – 19953, Mumbai – 400 021.
- Fax Number : 022-22884103
LIC Scholarship FAQs
What are the rewards associated with LIC Scholarship?
Rewards vary up to Rs. 20,000/- per annum
What are the various documents required for applying the scholarship?
Bank account details and IFSC code
Copy of canceled cheque with the name of the beneficiary
Income certificate along with supporting documents
Passport size photo
Mark sheet of the previous exam
To whom does the LIC Scholarship being awarded?
The scheme offers 10 scholarships each to boys and girls who have passed their Class 10th/ 12th examination.