|Conducted By||Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited|
|Eligibility||Students from financially weak backgrounds interested in higher studies|
|Rewards||Up to Rs. 55,000/- per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is Jio Scholarship?
Awarded by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, the Jio scholarship is provided to the students from financially weak backgrounds who want to pursue their higher education. The main motto of the Jio Scholarship is to serve the needy and thus increase the number of educated people for the betterment of the country.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are listed below:
- Jio Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Selection Process
Eligibility Criteria of Jio Scholarship:
The Jio Scholarship is provided to meritorious students having financial constraints who are willing to pursue their higher education. The other criteria for applying to the Jio Scholarship are listed below :
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen
- He/ she should be a student of 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduation or Post Graduation.
- Candidate should belong to the economically weak background.
- Applicants of the 10th and 11th class should score 70% or above from a recognized state board(85% or above for CBSE and ICSE students).
- Applicants of the 12th class should score 65% or above from a recognized state board(80% or above for CBSE and ICSE students).
- Graduation and postgraduate level applicants should score at least 75% and above in the University Exam conducted by a Recognized University/Institute.
Jio Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The Jio Scholarship is a scheme to financially help meritorious children from weak backgrounds to provide for their higher education. 2800 students benefit from the Jio Scholarship every year. The detailed benefits of the Jio Scholarship for students based on different education levels are listed below:
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class 10th||INR 35,000/- per annum|
|Class 11th||INR 38,000/- per annum|
|Class 12th||INR 45,000/- per annum|
|Graduation level||INR 52,000/- per annum|
|Post Graduation level||INR 55,000/- per annum|
Jio Scholarship Application Process:
To register for the Jio Scholarship Program, the candidate should fill and submit the application form within the deadline. The steps to apply for the Jio Scholarship is as follows:
- The Reliance Jio Scholarship application form is available online on the Jio official website and also at the nearest Reliance Jio office.
- The candidates should fill in their personal and educational details in the Jio scholarship application form.
- A passport size photo of the applicant should also be affixed on the application form.
- The candidates should enter valid details in the application form as the details are verified with the documents by the scholarship authorities.
- All the related documents should be attached to the application form for verification.
- Candidates should then submit the filled form at the nearest Jio office.
- Candidates should have a printout of the filled form for future references.
Jio Scholarship Documents Required:
The Jio scholarship does not discriminate against students based on class-wise reservations such as SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority etc. All the documents required to be attached with the application form are:
- School/ College ID card
- Education Qualification Certificate
- Aadhar card copy
- Bank passbook copy
- Passport size photograph
Jio Scholarship Selection Process:
The main criteria for selecting candidates for the Jio Scholarship is Merit. The other points for the Jio Scholarship selection process are listed below:
- There may or may not be a test for selecting the candidates for the Reliance Jio Scholarship.
- The authorities thoroughly check for the merit of the candidate as well as for past misbehavior such as ragging etc.
- In the case of an exam being conducted, the admit card for the same will be made available on the official website.
- There will be a detailed verification process that will be followed so that the scholarships meet the most deserving candidates.
- There may be certain reservations on candidates based on their class, age, annual income, etc.
- The selected students get the amount directly in their bank accounts.
Jio Scholarship FAQs
What is the main goal of this scholarship?
The main motto of the Jio Scholarship is to serve the needy and thus increase the number of educated people for the betterment of the country.
What are the rewards associated with Jio Scholarships?
Rewards vary up to Rs. 55,000/- per annum
What is the main eligibility criteria for Jio Scholarship?
He/ she should be a student of 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduation or Post Graduation.