|Conducted By||Department of Science and Technology [DST], Government of India|
|Eligibility||Meritorious students from Class 12 who are pursuing Science Majors|
|Rewards||Maximum available scholarship of INR 80,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is INSPIRE Scholarship?
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is a scholarship program, initiated by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The scheme offers 12,000 scholarships every year to students undertaking Bachelor’s and Master’s courses in Basic Sciences and Natural Sciences based on their merit.
The last date for the INSPIRE scholarship is 1st November, 2020. The scholarship cut-off list will be published in the month of May 2021 for the candidates who applied in the year 2020.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- INSPIRE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- INSPIRE Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- INSPIRE Scholarship Application Process
- INSPIRE Scholarship Selection Process
- INSPIRE Scholarship Scholarship Renewal
- INSPIRE Scholarship Contact Details
What are the important dates for the INSPIRE scholarship?
The important dates for the INSPIRE scholarship 2020-21 are:
|Opening of Online Application Process||1 November 2020|
|Last date to apply for INSPIRE scholarship||31 December 2020|
INSPIRE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible for the INSPIRE (SHE) Scholarship Scheme 2020-21, the candidate should be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the BSc, BS, and integrated MSc/ MS levels. The detailed eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidate should be 17-22 years old
- The candidate should be amongst the top 1% in the 12th-grade examination
- The candidates who are amongst the top 10,000 rank holders in JEE and have opted for Natural and Basic Sciences are eligible
- The candidates admitted into Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai and are pursuing courses in Natural/ Basic Sciences are eligible
- The candidates who are KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar and are pursuing courses in Natural/ Basic Sciences are eligible.
The students pursuing the following subjects are eligible to apply for Inspire scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
Under the scholarship scheme, the total award for the scholarship is segmented into two parts, one as an annual scholarship and one for a summer project grant. Thus selected candidates can utilize the scholarship reward as their requirement. Further details are as mentioned:
- INR 80,000 will be given to the selected students
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 will be provided at INR 5000 per month
- The selected candidates will also receive INR 20,000 for undertaking a mandatory summer research project
Application Process for INSPIRE Scholarship 2020-21:
Interested candidates have to apply for the scholarship through an online portal that is active tentatively from 1st November 2020. The detailed procedure for applying is mentioned below:
- The interested candidates can visit the INSPIRE Official Website home page to register themselves for the scholarship.
- After completing the registration process, the candidate receives a user ID and password on their registered Email ID.
- The applicant then needs to log in to view his/ her profile.
- After logging in successfully, the candidate needs to fill in all the necessary details.
- All the documents that are required should be uploaded.
- Before submitting the application, the candidates are suggested to recheck all the details as no changes can be made once the application has been submitted.
- The candidate can then submit the application.
- Passport size photo
- Caste certificate
- Eligibility or advisory note
- Certificate specifying rank in various examinations
- Copy of passbook
- Endorsement form
INSPIRE Scholarship Selection Process:
The online applications will be reviewed by the selectors and candidates will be evaluated appropriately on the basis of their eligibility criteria and academic excellence. After evaluation, a list of selected candidates is prepared. More information about selection procedures is mentioned below:
- The selected list of candidates will be displayed on the online portal.
- The selected students need to download the provisional offer letter.
- The shortlisted candidates need to upload the necessary documents within the specified time.
- The candidates will receive the scholarship directly into their bank accounts.
Renewal of Inspire Scholarship:
The scholarship renewal for the next season is based on the following factors:
- The renewal of the scholarship is only accepted if the candidate has displayed good academic performance in the exams as per the university norms and is recommended by the Head of the Institution.
- The performance of the candidate is analyzed before renewing the scholarship for the following tenure.
The applicants shortlisted for the scholarship can avail the benefits for a maximum of five years, provided that he/ she performs exceptionally well in the academics.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number: 0120-4619405, 0120-4619406 (Helpline no. for Inspire Scholarship)
- Address: INSPIRE Program Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110016