|Conducted By||Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation|
|Eligibility||Indian citizens with a first-class undergraduate degree|
|Region||India and the US|
|Rewards||Up to USD 100,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 31, 2021|
Inlaks scholarship 2021 invites young students from India to study at the best institutions in America, Europe, and the UK. The objective is to motivate candidates with extraordinary talents to excel in their expertise. Candidates aspiring to study for masters, M.Phil, or doctorate degrees overseas can apply to the Inlaks scholarship. However, the applications for the Inlaks scholarship - 2022 will officially open at the earliest.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship provides schemes in collaboration with the Imperial College in London, Royal College of Art (RCA) in London, Cambridge University, and Sciences Po in Paris. Students pursuing the following courses cannot apply to the Inlaks scholarship:
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Medicine, Dentistry and related therapies
- Public Health
- Fashion Design
- Film and Film Animation
However, only the Imperial College in London provides Inlaks scholarship to students pursuing engineering and natural sciences. Those aspiring to pursue western classical singing in music and documentary filmmaking in the film can also apply for the scholarship.
Table of Contents
- Inlaks Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Inlaks Scholarship Rewards
- Inlaks Scholarship Application Process
- Inlaks Scholarship Key Documents
- Inlaks Scholarship Selection Process
- Inlaks Scholarship Important Dates
- Inlaks Scholarship Contact Details
Inlaks Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are awarded the scholarship in May/June every year. However, the Inlaks scholarship will forfeit if the selected students do not commence the programme within nine months of receiving the rewards. The eligibility criteria to apply to the Inlaks scholarship 2021 are:
- The candidates should be Indian nationals or should have resided in India for the last six months from the time of application.
- The candidates should be first-class degree holders (or equivalent).
- They should have graduated from an institution recognised by the government.
- The art and design (fine/performing arts) students applying for the Inlaks scholarship should have an impressive portfolio.
- If the candidates have an undergraduate degree overseas, they should have resided, been employed or been studying in India for the past two years after their return.
- The candidates should not be more than 30 years of age.
- The candidates should have an excellent academic record, and they should provide proofs regarding the same.
- The candidates who are already pursuing their postgraduate degree in an overseas institution cannot apply for the scholarship.
- The foundation will not provide Inlaks scholarship for students without admission to a foreign institution or if their admissions are not yet confirmed.
- The scholars can not make field trips to India during the duration of their course.
Inlaks Scholarship Benefits
The candidates should not be accepting any other scholarship rewards, teaching assistantships or should not have a part-time job at the time of application. The Inlaks scholarship 2021 benefits are as follows:
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship offers the selected candidates up to USD 100,000.
- It covers the tuition fee, living costs, one-way flight ticket and health allowance of the scholars.
- If the candidate's tuition fees and living expenses exceed USD 1,00,000, they should submit evidence to cover the rest of the cost.
Note: The candidates should upload the evidence while applying for the scholarship and submit the same while attending the preliminary round of interview.
How to Apply to the Inlaks Scholarship?
The candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the requirements before applying for the scholarship. The Inlaks scholarship applications open on February 15th, 2021 and the last date to apply for the scholarship is on March 31st, 2021, (at noon IST). The students should submit the Inlaks scholarship online.
The candidates should refresh the website and try again if there are issues while filling the Inlaks scholarship application form. However, if the error persists, they can send an email with a screenshot to [email protected]. The stepwise procedure to apply for the scholarship are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official Inlaks scholarship website.
Step 2 - The candidates should click on 'scholarship' under the 'opportunities' tab.
Step 3 - They should now click on the 'how to apply' section and read all the details given about Inlaks scholarship.
Step 4 - Next, they should click on the 'click here to apply' tab given at the bottom of the Inlaks scholarship webpage.
Step 6 - They should fill the Inlaks scholarship application form.
Step 7 - They should also fill the declaration, available at the end of the Inlaks scholarship application form and click on 'submit'.
Note: The candidates might face a time lag after the candidates click on the 'submit' button. They should make sure they have good internet speed.
Points to Remember while Applying for Inlaks Scholarship
Listed below are a few instructions the candidates should keep in mind while filling the Inlaks scholarship application form.
- The Inlaks Foundation scholarship will not accept applications through the offline mode.
- An individual candidate cannot submit more than one application.
- The candidates should submit a valid passport while applying for the scholarship.
- The candidates applying for film, dance, acting, and western classical singing (music) should upload their PDF format portfolios.
- Also, the candidates applying for architecture, fine and applied arts and other related subjects should upload their portfolios in PDF format or share the link of their website /online portfolio.
- The candidates should submit a detailed declaration of funding received for the courses. If the funding comes after submitting the application form, they should inform the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship by sending an email.
- The candidates should submit two reference letters, one of which should be from the academic referee.
Note: The referees should send the reference letter directly to the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship.
- If the referee is submitting the reference online, then he/she will get a link to upload the reference letter.
Note: This link will remain valid only for seven days after the applicants submit their Inlaks scholarship application form.
- The reference letter should not be on the letterhead.
- The candidates should provide reference letters that are typed or hand-written. The reference letters drafted by email will not be accepted.
- The candidates should verify their email ID before applying.
- The candidates should fill all the mandatory fields marked with an (*).
- The system will not automatically save the application form's details unless the candidate clicks on the 'submit' button.
- The candidates cannot modify the Inlaks scholarship form after submitting it. Hence, they should double-check the details provided on the application form before making the final submission.
- The candidates should check their registered email for confirmation after submitting the Inlaks scholarship form.
- The candidates should upload all the documents in PDF format.
- The candidates will receive updates regarding their Inlaks scholarship's application status on their registered email ID.
Inlaks Scholarship Important Documents
The candidates should upload scanned copies of their documents while filling the Inlaks scholarship form. The papers should be in PDF or JPEG format. Listed below are the essential documents to be submitted by the candidates:
- A copy of the Aadhaar card/first and the last page of passport (JPEG or PDF format)
- Updated resume
- Candidate's Photo (JPEG or PNG format)
- Any record of academic or extracurricular achievement (PDF format)
- The education institution's offer letter, with the details of the institute's financial requirement (PDF format)
- Reference letters (PDF format)
- Fee receipts
- Fee concession/waiver
- Proof of additional funding (if applicable)
Inlaks Scholarship Selection Procedure
The selection committee evaluates the applications based on the candidate's academic and extracurricular achievements. The committee will select candidates who possess extraordinary talents for interviews. The selection process of Inlaks scholarship involves preliminary and final rounds. The steps are as follows:
- The shortlisted candidates should attend an interview after clearing the preliminary round.
Note: The selected students from the preliminary round should submit their mark sheets.
- The interview takes place in Delhi or Mumbai. The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship will not pay for the candidate's food, travelling and accommodation.
Note: If the candidates do not hear from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship by mid-May, they are most likely not accepted.
Inlaks Scholarship Important Dates
The candidates can refer to the below table for critical dates.
|Inlaks scholarship application starting date||February 15th, 2021|
|Inlaks scholarship application closing date||March 31st, 2021|
|Inlaks scholarship awarded on||May/June|
|Inlaks scholarship programme commencement||August - October|
Inlaks Scholarship Contact Details
For any queries regarding the Inlaks scholarship India, the candidates can send a mail to [email protected]