|Conducted By||Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation|
|Eligibility||Meritorious Indian graduate students|
|Rewards||Up to USD 100,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 31, 2021|
What is the Inlaks Scholarship?
Awarded by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, the Inlaks Scholarship provides financial assistance to Indian graduates to pursue full-time Masters, MPhil or a Doctorate in any field at the top American, European, and UK Institutions. The Inlaks Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College London, Royal College of Art London, School of Oriental and African Studies London, the University of Cambridge via the Cambridge Trust, Sciences Po, Paris for the benefit of students. The foundation provides grants, scholarships, and awards to outstanding young Indian students to develop their professional, scientific, artistic and cultural abilities in different fields both in India and abroad. In the last 4 decades, more than 460 scholars have benefited from overseas scholarships and over 600 students have received awards and take-off grants in India and abroad.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are listed below:
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship Key Dates
- Eligibility criteria
- Inlaks Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Inlaks Scholarship Selection Process
- Contact Details
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship Key Dates:
The important dates related to the scholarship are given below:
Application Start Date
January 16, 2021
Application Last Date
March 31, 2021
Shortlisted Candidate List
Inlaks Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The main eligibility criterium is that the applicant should be an Indian citizen and should be available in India at the time of applying for the scholarship. The other eligibility criteria are listed below:
- The scholarship scheme does not cover courses such as Computer Science, Engineering, Business study, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music, Film, Film Animation, Dentistry, and related therapies. However, students studying at Imperial College, London can avail of the scholarship amount for studying Engineering/ Natural Sciences.
- Indian studies with contemporary reference is considered for the scholarship
- In the field of Music, Western Classical singing degrees are considered for the Inlaks scholarship scheme.
- For Films, only applications for Documentary Filmmaking are considered eligible.
- The applicant should hold a first-class degree or equivalent from a recognized college/ institute in India.
- The candidates who have completed their undergraduate course from outside India are also eligible to apply for the scholarship provided they have been continuously residing in India and are working/ studying for the past 2 years.
- Applicants who have completed post-graduation outside India are not eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have received admission to any of the top institutes in the US, UK or Europe. Candidates with a pending application are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant should not be more than 30 years of age at the time of scholarship application.
- The candidates who have started their courses abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Young candidates who are working currently can also apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates applying for Arts and Design scholarship are primarily judges on the basis of their portfolio.
- The applicants must be the top achievers in their field of study and otherwise and proof of the same is required during application.
- The candidates are judged both on current achievements and future potential.
Inlaks Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The Inlaks scholarship is given to deserving students to pursue their education in their dream foreign university/ institution. The other benefits offered by the scholarship are mentioned below:
- Financial aid of up to USD 100,000 which covers the full tuition fees, living allowance, and one-way travel cost and health allowance.
- If the tuition fees and living expenses exceed USD 100,000, the candidates should provide evidence that they are capable of covering the rest of the cost. This evidence should be uploaded along with the online application.
- The same evidence must be carried by the candidates for the preliminary interview.
- The scholarship is not awarded to candidates whose course of study/ project requires field trips back to India during the duration of the course.
- Acceptance of other awards, teaching assistantships, and part-time jobs can be done only after the approval from the foundation.
- The scholarships are awarded in May for commencement in subsequent September or October.
- Any scholarship that is not commenced 9 months after being awarded is canceled.
Inlaks Scholarship Application Process:
The Inlaks scholarship application process is online. The stepwise procedure for application is given below:
- The applicant should visit the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation website to apply for the scholarship.
- He/ she should go to the ‘Opportunities’ tab and click on the ‘Scholarships’ displayed under it.
- The candidate should click on ‘How to apply’ to display the details of the Inlaks scholarship.
- The applicant should then scroll down to click on the ‘Application form’ to access the Inlaks scholarship application form.
- Now the candidate should fill up the application form with all the personal details, University education details, Work experience, proposed program, references, and declaration.
- Finally, the applicant should recheck the entire form for correctness and then ‘Submit’ the application.
- The portal is accessible from January 16, and the last date to upload the complete information is March 31, 2021 (12 Noon).
- One candidate can make only one submission.
- Students applying for the scholarship in the field of Architecture, Fine and applied arts, and other related subjects should upload their portfolio as a PDF file or share the online portfolio link.
- Two letters of recommendation are mandatory with one of them being an academic reference.
- A clear declaration should be submitted with details of all the funding received for the course. If in any case, the funding comes after the application has been submitted, the same should be informed to the Foundation via email.
- If the applicant has an offer for funding from any other source, the same should be declared in the application even if there is no intention of accepting that offer.
- If the candidate has applied for another course in the same or different institution and is not applying for funding for the same from Inlaks, the same should be declared in the application.
Inlaks Scholarship Documents Required:
All the documents that should be uploaded along with the application form are given below:
- Aadhar card copy/ Passport copy as PDF/JPEG format
- Updated resume/ CV of the applicant
- Applicants’ photograph in PDF/ JPEG format
- Copy of any academic/ extracurricular attainment in PDF format
- Offer letter from the University/ Institution with complete details of the institutes’ financial requirement in PDF format
- Reference letter in PDF format.
Inlaks Scholarship Selection Process:
The candidates for the Inlaks scholarship are selected based on merit. An independent Inlaks Selection committee analyzes and evaluates all the applications based on the academic and extracurricular activities of the candidate. Exceptional candidates having special talents are called for an interview. The detailed selection process is explained below:
- The selection of the candidates is done in 2 stages- Preliminary stage and Final stage. The applicants who clear the preliminary stage are called for the final interview.
- The interview is generally held in May/ June at Mumbai/ Delhi and the applicant should be available in India at the time.
- The applicants who get selected for the final interview should arrange for transportation and accommodation by themselves.
- The candidates who do not receive any communication by the 15th of May should assume that their application has been rejected.
- Email ID: [email protected]