|Conducted By||European Union (EU)|
|Eligibility||Students with undergraduate degrees|
|Region||India and Other Countries|
|Rewards||Scholarship participation costs|
|Last Date of Application||March 15, 2022|
Erasmus Mundus scholarship offers financial aid to students from all over the world aspiring to pursue higher education. It covers their monthly allowances, travelling and other participation costs of the selected candidates. The last date to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMDs) scholarship is March 15th, 2022.
Table of Contents
- What is Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Reward
- How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Essential Documents
- Tips to Get Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Contact Details
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The European Union (EU) funds the Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme to motivate European and non-European students to pursue education, training and sport in the European countries. The candidates can pursue a full-time master's degree for upto two years (24 months). It offers additional financial support to candidates with physical, mental or health-related conditions. The Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme will confer one of the following degrees to the master's degree students at the end of the programme:
- Joint degree: The students will receive a single degree from at least two universities.
- Multiple degrees: The students will receive at least two degrees from two or more universities.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD)
The consortia of European universities offer the Erasmus Mundus masters scholarship for students pursuing postgraduate degrees. This Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme provides financial aid to students worldwide to study in Europe. The selected candidates can pursue their degree in at least two European countries. The consortia of European universities confer double or joint masters degree after the chosen candidates complete their courses. They can avail the benefits of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, through the EMJMD programme, for two years. EMJMD covers 130 courses. The different fields of study under the EMJMD programme are:
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Engineering, Manufacture and Construction
- Health and Welfare
- Humanities and Arts
- Science, Mathematics and Computing
- Social Sciences, Business and Law
Note: The EU no longer provides Erasmus Mundus PhD scholarship for developing countries or the Erasmus Mundus PhD scholarship India programme.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants should ensure they meet the Erasmus Mundus scholarship eligibility criteria before applying for the programme. They can apply for the scholarship irrespective of their nationality and age. The Erasmus Mundus scholarship requirements are as follows:
- The candidates should hold an undergraduate degree.
- Note: They should have studied a bachelor's course for a minimum of three years.
- The candidates should secure a minimum of 6.5 in the IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC exam.
- The candidates should not have applied for more than three Erasmus Mundus scholarship programmes in the same year.
- Students from anywhere in the world can apply to the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- There is no age limit for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship application.
- The students should not benefit from any other European scholarship while applying for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Rewards
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship rewards differ according to the candidate's nationality, course level, and duration. The non-European students receive a higher Erasmus Mundus scholarship amount than the European students. The selected candidates of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme will receive the following benefits:
- The Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme will pay for the candidate's participation costs.
- Note: The participation costs include tuition fees, full insurance coverage, library, laboratory expenses and other mandatory expenses relating to the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) programme.
- The providers will cover the candidate's travel and installation costs.
- The providers also grant a monthly allowance to the selected candidates through the entire duration of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) programme.
How to Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus fully funded scholarship is provided to the candidates who have enrolled in any of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) courses. The committee will not consider the candidates if they fail to submit the documents before the Erasmus Mundus scholarship deadline. Except for those pursuing the final year degree at the time of application and those awaiting English language proficiency test results.
The students can apply to the Erasmus Mundus scholarship between October and January. The candidates can refer to the below steps to know how to apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship:
Step 1 - The students should consult the online Erasmus Mundus scholarship catalogue.
Note: In the catalogue, the students can check the Erasmus Mundus scholarship master programme's course list. The Erasmus Mundus scholarship adds a new course to the list every year.
Step 2 - The candidates should choose their field of study, country, universities, year, ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System), and project selection's year, i.e. when the candidate selected EMJMD for funding.
Step 3 - The candidates can choose the courses.
Note: They can select up to three different programmes.
Step 4 - The candidates should contact and apply to the European universities' consortium directly.
Note: Each course has its application and selection procedure. Therefore, the applicants should reach out to the consortium offering their desired master degree courses.
Step 5 - The candidates should find out if they are eligible for the scholarship.
- This step will complete the candidate's application. However, it does not complete the selection process since each consortium has its selection procedures.
- The candidates will recieve the Erasmus Mundus scholarship 2021 benefits only after the completion of their university admissions. The EMJMD coordinators will notify the applicants if they are selected, rejected, or placed on a reserve list. The notification time will vary for the candidates, depending on their courses.
Step 6 - The EMJMD coordinators will confirm the selection of the candidates.
Note: The coordinators will not assist the candidates in applying and completing the visa procedures.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Essential Documents
The candidates should submit their documents in the prescribed format. They should submit the following documents while applying for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship India:
- Degree/ Diploma certificate (translated in English)
- List of grades and courses (translated in English)
- CAE, CPE, IELTS or TOEFL iBT scorecard
- Two recommendation letters
- Updated Resume
- A copy of the candidate's passport
- Passport size photographs
- Papers or thesis (if applicable)
- Motivation letter/ statement of purpose
Tips to Get Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
To know how to win the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, the candidates can follow these tips:
- The candidates should check the Erasmus Mundus masters scholarship programmes list and choose the one that fits them best.
- After selecting the Erasmus Mundus masters scholarship course, they should do complete research about the same. They can make notes of the buzzwords and use them in their CV and motivational letters.
- Next, they should obtain impressive recommendation letters.
- If the candidate chooses multiple courses, they should create their CVs for each degree course. The candidates should not forget to mention their achievements and their participation in extracurricular activities.
- The candidates should present an extraordinary motivation letter. They can follow these points while writing the letter:
- They should keep it positive and future-oriented.
- The applicants should mention their purpose in pursuing the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- They should state points that will make them stand out.
- The candidates should remember to end it on a strong note.
- The candidates should prepare for the interview. They can learn more about Erasmus Mundus scholarship, the university's coursework, contemplate their strengths and weaknesses, etc., before their interview.
- They should ensure their profile picture and username on skype looks professional and appropriate.
- The candidates should maintain a clutter-free background and pick a quiet place while attending the skype interview.
- They can use their headphones for better audio quality.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Contact Details
The candidates can refer to the table for contact details of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
|Erasmus Mundus scholarship - Contact Details|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021 FAQs
Should I pay for the insurance when I get selected for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship?
The Eras Mundus scholarship provides mandatory insurance coverage to the selected students. They need not pay for the insurance.
I have not completed my graduation yet. Can I still apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD)?
If the students can graduate before the EMJMD programme's commencement date, they can apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. Those who have not received their undergraduate degree while applying for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship can contact the EMJMD coordinator.
How do I know if I'm eligible to apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship?
Candidates from all over the world can apply to the Erasmus Mundus scholarship. However, they should have an undergraduate degree and ensure they fulfil all the other requirements.