|Conducted By||European Union|
|Eligibility||Graduate students or higher|
|Region||India and Other countries|
|Rewards||monthly allowance, participation cost, traveling and insurance costs|
|Last Date of Application||January 15, 2021|
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is funded by the European Union and is awarded to students from both European and Non-European countries to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programs at Masters or Doctorate level. The aim of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is to enhance the quality of higher education through scholarships and academic cooperation between the European Union and the rest of the world. The students belonging to the Non-European countries receive a larger scholarship amount than their European counterparts. The application deadline for all the Erasmus Mundus scholarship applicants for the year 2020-21 is January 15, 2021
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programs
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Erasmus Mundus Rewards and Benefits
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Application Process
- Erasmus Mundus Documents Required
- Erasmus Mundus Contact Details
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program Details:
The list of scholarship schemes under the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is given below:
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for Developing Countries:
The different scholarships under the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Scheme for Developing Countries are listed below:
- Joint Masters and Ph.D. Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Study in Europe
- Masters in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (MARIHE) Scholarships for International Students
- 75 Courses For Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programs in Denmark
- Scholarships in Scotland by Erasmus Mundus
- Education Fund Scholarships for International Students in the Netherlands
- Erasmus Mundus International MSc Scholarships in Computational Mechanics
- Master’s Scholarships in Renewable Energy in Marine Environment by Erasmus Mundus
Joint Masters and Ph.D. Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Study in Europe:
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters and Ph.D. scholarship is for students from any country of the world willing to pursue a Master's or Ph.D. degree in any university in Europe within a specific time. The applicant should have completed his/ her UG level degree and based on the laws of the country where the candidate wishes to pursue studies, the bachelor's degree may be replaced if an equivalent level of learning is proved.
Masters in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (MARIHE) Scholarships for International Students:
MARIHE is a 2-year (4 semesters) Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Program. The mobility scheme under MARIHE scholarship includes a mandatory mobility period to a third country where all the students require to spend a lecture period either at Beijing Normal University in China or Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in India.
75 Courses For Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarships:
The main goal of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with third-world countries. The applicants can request a maximum of 3 different programs and the scholarship application should be submitted between October- January for courses that start from the following academic year.
The Application Process for the EMJMD Scholarship is given below:
- The interested applicants should consult the EMJMD catalog to find the perfect course by filtering the list based on subjects or countries.
- The candidate can choose 3 programs for which he/ she is eligible. For clarification, the candidate can contact the EMJMD Coordinator.
- The student should contact and apply to the consortium directly.
- The consortium submitted is for the application to the course and not for the scholarship.
- The applicant should check with the EMJMD Coordinators to see if he/ she has been accepted
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programs in Denmark:
The Erasmus Mundus Denmark Scholarship is open for both EU and Non-EU students. Applicants can apply for the Master’s program offered jointly by a Danish institution and another European University/ College.
Scholarships in Scotland by Erasmus Mundus:
Provided by the University of Glasgow, this Erasmus Mundus scholarship scheme aims at sponsoring International students for a 2-year Master’s degree program at the university.
Education Fund Scholarships for International Students in the Netherlands:
Provided by the Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands, this scheme is open for students from all nationalities across all faculties studying either at UG level or PG level.
Erasmus Mundus International MSc Scholarships in Computational Mechanics:
The International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering awards the Erasmus Mundus scholarship to students interested to excel in the field of Computational Mechanics. It is a 2-year Master’s level program that associates with the top 5 leading universities with a long tradition of research and teaching in Simulation Engineering.
Master’s Scholarships in Renewable Energy in Marine Environment by Erasmus Mundus:
The Master’s in Renewable Energy in the Marine Environment is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree offered by 4 universities i.e. the University of the Basque Country, University of Strathclyde, Norwegian University of Science and Technology and École Centrale de Nantes. The students willing to pursue a Master’s in Renewable Energy in the Marine Environment and are from Europe and other developing countries can apply for the scholarship.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for International Students:
The scholarships under the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for International Students are listed below:
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships in Media Arts Cultures
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Agricultural Development and NRM
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships in Media Arts Cultures:
The Erasmus Mundus Media Arts Culture is a joint program by a consortium of 4 universities. It is a 2-year Master’s program with a workload of 120 European Credits Transfer System (ECTS) credit grant to a joint degree that is dedicated to training a new generation of professionals based on the future needs of the sector and rigorous academic training.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are funded by the European Union and are exclusively awarded to students coming from both EU and non-EU countries that have been selected to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes at Masters or Doctorate level.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Agricultural Development and Natural Resource Management:
The Erasmus Mundus Agricultural Development program is a 2-year Master’s training program of 120 ECTS in agricultural development and management of natural resources. The objective of the Agris Mundus Masters course is to train students to cope with the current global/international concerns in agriculture and rural development. The graduate students are qualified to identify and critically analyze the key factors shaping the development of crops, forests and animal production, the management of research and rural development projects and finally, the sustainable use of natural resources and the environment.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management:
The Erasmus Mundus Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management is a 2-year English taught international Master’s course which includes the participation of 5 high-rated European universities. The students get familiar with the key issues involved in providing sustainable, environmentally friendly, legally and economically acceptable solutions to various problems in the CoMEM field.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship is available for students of all nationalities. Also, there is no age limit for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship application. The other eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for the application are listed below:
- The applicant can be from any country in the world.
- Only the students enrolled in an Erasmus Mundus eligible course are eligible to receive the scholarship/ fellowship.
- He/ she should be enrolled in one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programs at Masters or Doctorate level.
- The applicant should have scored at least 6.5 IELTS or equivalent TOEFL/ TOEIC.
- The students who already have an Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Joint Master/ Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD plan.
- The students benefiting from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship cannot avail of another EU scholarship while pursuing the EMJMD course studies.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The European Union provides full-time scholarships/ fellowships that cover monthly allowance, participation cost, traveling and insurance costs of the scholars. The scholarship amount varies based on the education level, duration of the course and the nationality of the candidate. The other scholarship benefits availed by the candidates are listed below:
- Selected candidates get a living allowance of EUR 1000 per month for a period of 2 years(24 months) of the course.
- The scholarship covers participation costs, including tuition fees and mandatory insurance coverage, travel costs up to EUR 3000 per annum.
- The candidates receive settling-in costs of EUR 3000 per annum.
- The travel and installation costs are paid in 2 installments.
- EU students get a Euroculture participation cost of EUR 9.000.
- Non-EU students get a Euroculture participation cost of EUR 18.000.
- All the candidates get health insurance coverage for 24 months.
How to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is provided to the candidates who are enrolled in any of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree (EMJMD) programs. The application process for the EMJMD program is explained below:
Step 1 - The applicant should consult the online EMJMD catalog
- The EMJMD catalog lists a number of Master’s courses offering the Erasmus Mundus funded scholarships for the academic year 2019-20.
- The list can be filtered by field of study, country, university, year of intake, ECTS credit, and year of selection.
- For the courses starting in 2021, the consortium requires that the applications should be submitted between October 2020 and January 2021.
- New Master’s courses are added every year.
Step 2 - The candidate should pick 3 courses
- The applicant should select 3 courses of his/ her choice.
- For any queries, the EMJMD Coordinator should be contacted.
- The contact details of the EMJMD Coordinator is available on the EMJMD website.
Step 3 - The applicant should contact the Consortium and apply directly
- Each Master's program under EMJMD will have its own set of information as well as application and selection procedure.
- The candidate should directly contact the consortia and apply between October 2020 and January 2021.
- Candidates with special needs should check the ‘Equity and Inclusion’ section of the Erasmus+ Program guide.
Step 4 - The candidate should check for scholarship selection
- Once the applicant gets admitted to any of the EMJMD courses, he/ she is considered for the scholarship.
- The EMJMD Coordinators will inform the candidates if they are selected or rejected or placed on the reverse list.
- Different courses will notify the candidates at different stages or times.
Step 5 - Erasmus Scholarship selected candidates
- The selected candidates have to start applying for Visa and Insurance.
- EMJMD provides mandatory insurance to the selected candidates.
- The visa application is the complete responsibility of the candidate. The visa should be received before the start of the course.
- The course coordinator of the applicant assists in the Visa application process.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Documents Required:
The necessary documents to be uploaded along with the application form are given below:
- Certified translation of Degree/ Diploma certificate
- Certified translation of the list of grades and courses
- English test results (CAE/ CPE, IELTS, and TOEFL iBT)
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Copy of CV
- Scanned copy of Passport/ ID card
- Passport size photograph
- Papers/ thesis (if applicable)
- Motivation letter/ Statement of Purpose