|Conducted By||Department of Higher Education|
|Eligibility||Students of Graduate/ Post-Graduate level|
|Rewards||INR 10000/ INR 20000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students is open to meritorious students pursuing graduate or post-graduate level with a minimum of 80 percent marks/ grade from class 12 for the academic year 2020-21. The scheme is implemented by the Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Students secured eligible percentile from higher secondary and pursuing courses upto Post-graduation level recognized by AICTE, Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) and other regulatory authorities with minimum INR 8.00 lakh per year family income can apply for the Central Scholarship before the application deadline of 31st December 2020.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Scholarship Reservations
- Scholarship Renewal
- Important Documents
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Total number of scholarships are divided based on the State’s population amongst the State Education Boards in the age group of 18 to 25 years:
- The scholarship is a Central Sector Scheme and is totally reserved for Indian candidates.
- Applicant must have secured above 80 percent marks or equivalent grades in class 12 or 10+2 pattern of education.
- Candidate should be pursuing courses upto Post-graduation level recognized by AICTE, Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) and other regulatory authorities.
- The overall family annual income must not exceed INR 8 lakh.
- Students of distance or correspondence schemes are not encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- Scholars already benefiting under any other scheme are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants pursuing Diploma courses are not permissible under the scholarship scheme.
Note: 50 percent of the total Scholarships are reserved for girl students.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Rewards and Benefits:
A total number of 82,000 fresh scholarships will be disbursed among students of college and universities with an equal allocation of 41,000 seats each to boys and girls:
- Scholars at the graduation level can avail INR 10,000 per year (For the first three years).
- INR 20,000 will be disbursed to students of the Post-graduate level.
- Students of Professional or Integrated courses (With 5 years of the course duration) would get INR 20,000 each in the 4th and 5th year.
- Students of technical courses like B.E./ B.Tech would get the Scheme allowance as upto graduation level.
Note: The Scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiary's account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Mode.
Central Sector Scholarship Application Process:
Students who satisfy all the eligibility criteria can apply online for the Central Scheme before the cut-off date:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website.
- Click on the New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the scholarship details and personal details such as Scholarship type, category, name, phone number, etc.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on the Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: No changes can be made once the application is submitted. The scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation. Physical applications are not encouraged.
Selection Process for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students:
The general conditions and process of selecting scholars are as follows:
- All the eligible applications shall be monitored at two levels.
- Applications will be verified by the institute where the candidate is pursuing his/her post- higher secondary courses upto post-graduation.
- Applications will be verified by the concerned State Education Board.
- From the verified applications, the merit list shall be generated with respect to the state allocated quota.
Note: It is mandatory to submit all the requested documents and applications which is not verified by the institute or the State Education Board shall be considered as invalid.
The specified conditions for the scholarship reservations are as follows:
- 50 percent of the total scholarships are earmarked to girl students.
- The allotted number of Scholarships to a State Education Board is distributed among students of Science, Commerce and Humanities classes in the ratio 3:2:1.
- Candidates of reserved categories are eligible based on merit with respect to the internal earmarking and the Central Reservation Policy.
- Reservations for different categories are as follows:
|3||OBC(Other Backward Classes)||27|
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal:
The details for scholarship renewal is mentioned below:
- Renewal of the scholarship generates year after year.
- In case the Scholar failed to appear for the final examination due to illness or any other unforeseen events, the Scholarship may be renewed on the basis of submission of a valid medical certificate or other requested documents.
The documents to be submitted to avail the scholarship:
- Candidate must provide Aadhar Card or any other government-specified document with photo.
- Educational details.
- Income certificate.
- Bank account details.
- Application Deadline: 31 December 2020.
- Last date of defective verification: 15 January 2021.
- Last date of institute verification: 15 January 2021.
Central Sector Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions to follow during the scholarship tenure are:
- Applications can be done online through the National Scholarship Portal.
- Physical applications are not accepted for the scholarship scheme.
- Applications which is not verified by the institutes or respective State Education Board will be considered as invalid.
- It is mandatory to produce the proof of possession of Aadhar Card.
- The scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiary’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Mode.
- Scholars can track the payment status from the Know Your Payment template through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- It is not applicable to send the renewal applications directly to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Address: National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6, K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066.
- Phone Number: 011-26172491, 26165238, 26172917