|Conducted By||Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT)|
|Eligibility||Candidates between 10 years to 14 years of age|
|Rewards||Up to INR 9,000|
|Last Date of Application||October 25, 2021|
CCRT scholarship's objective is to encourage traditional Indian art forms amongst the younger generation. The ST students, children of families involved in the conventional art, differently-abled candidates, and those seeking to pursue a career in creative writing or literary art are eligible to apply for the CCRT scholarship. The eligible organisations can submit their applications by October 25th, 2021, by 5:00 PM.
Table of Contents
- What is CCRT Scholarship?
- CCRT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- CCRT Scholarship Benefits
- CCRT Scholarship Application Process
- CCRT Scholarship Essential Documents
- CCRT Scholarship Selection Criteria
- CCRT Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- CCRT Scholarship Contact Details
What is CCRT Scholarship?
The CCRT scholarship is a national level scholarship that offers financial aid to students between 10 to 14 years. The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) has launched the CCRT scholarship to motivate young talents. Over 650 students benefit from the CCRT scholarship every year.
The organisers provide the CCRT scholarship for two years. At the end of the CCRT scholarship tenure, the candidates can either continue until their first degree of education or before they turn 20 years, whichever is earlier. However, the renewal of the CCRT scholarship is subject to the candidate's progress.
CCRT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Children who are extraordinarily talented in cultural art are eligible to apply for the CCRT scholarship. Some of the other requirements of CCRT scholarship are as follows:
- The applicants should be between 10 years to 14 years of age.
- The candidates should study in recognised schools or be part of a Traditional Artist Family (TAF).
- The candidates should have an essential educational qualification.
- They should have a proficiency degree in their choice of a traditional art form.
- The candidates should have trained for a minimum of five years under their guru, teacher or in an institute.
- Note: They should submit an attested certificate from their guru, teacher, or institute to verify their training sessions.
- Besides considering students' talents and potential, the committee will prefer candidates with a family income of not more than INR 8,000 per month.
CCRT Scholarship Benefits
The CCRT scholarship payment will commence on the date specified by the CCRT institute or when the candidate obtains an admission (whichever is later). They should enrol in an eligible course at an approved institute or under an approved guru. The providers will directly credit the CCRT scholarship amount to the parent's or guardian's CS or RTGS bank account. The candidates should send the fee receipt signed by the guru or teacher to the CCRT centre. The CCRT scholarship benefits are as follows:
- The selected candidates will receive INR 3,600 in a year,
- The providers will refund the candidate's training fee up to INR 9,000 per annum.
- The candidates will receive a certificate from the institute at the end of the CCRT scholarship.
How to Apply for CCRT Scholarship?
Interested candidates can apply for the CCRT scholarship through the offline mode. They should submit the filled application form and required documents to the CCRT centre located in New Delhi. The CCRT allows the candidates to apply in one art form. They should obtain recommendations from their art schools, institutes, guru, or teachers before applying for the CCRT scholarship. The stepwise procedure to apply for the CCRT scholarship are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates can obtain the CCRT scholarship online form by clicking here.
Step 2 - They should download the CCRT junior scholarship form.
Step 3 - The candidates should fill in the CCRT scholarship application form with the correct details.
Note: The candidates should carefully go through the CCRT scholarship application form to avoid any errors.
Step 4 - They should attach the CCRT scholarship form with the required documents.
Step 5 - The applicants' parents or guardians should post the CCRT scholarship form and the documents to the below address:
Centre for Cultural Research and Training (CCRT),
15-A, Sector 7, Dwarka,
New Delhi- 110075
CCRT Scholarship Essential Documents
The candidates should submit all the mandatory documents within the stipulated time to avoid rejection of the CCRT scholarship. They should ensure the information on the records are accurate and authenticated. The necessary documents to submit while applying for the CCRT junior scholarship are as follows:
- Acceptance letter at the CCRT institute
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate of the parent or guardian
- Two half-yearly progress report
- Note: The institute can reject the CCRT junior scholarship if the candidates' progress report for two half-yearly is unsatisfactory.
- An authorisation letter from the bank
- Proficiency certificate
- Age proof
- Recommendation letter from the candidate's school, institute, guru or teacher
- An attested training certificate from the candidate's teacher, guru or art institute.
- Fee receipts duly signed by the guru or teacher
CCRT Scholarship Selection Criteria
The CCRT consists of a central selection committee and the regional selectional committee. These committees make the final decisions regarding the selection of candidates. The committee will choose the CCRT scholarship candidates based on their performance in the test/interviews. The selection process for the CCRT scholarship will involve the following criteria:
- After submitting the CCRT scholarship form, the committee will send a post to the shortlisted candidates informing them about the date, time and venue of a test/interview.
- The organisers will conduct the test/interview for the CCRT scholarship at the regional level.
- Each committee member will assess the candidates on a scale of one to ten marks.
- The selection committee will select the candidates based on the total scores in the test/interview.
- Note: However, the committee selects the candidates based on the number of CCRT scholarship slots available for the academic year.
- The candidate's parents or guardians should enrol the selected candidates in an institution that also encourages academic studies and cultural training.
- Note: The candidates should enrol under a guru, teacher, or institute approved by the CCRT institute.
CCRT Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of the CCRT scholarship are as follows:
- The candidates applying through the Traditional Artist Family (TAF) category should submit a report about their family's contribution to the classical Indian art form for the last three generations.
- The CCRT scholarship age limit is between 10 years to 14 years.
- The candidates can view the CCRT scholarship result on the official website.
- The guru, teacher, or institute should send a detailed progress report every six months during the CCRT scholarship tenure. They should send the message to the CCRT centre, New Delhi, in the prescribed format. The guru, teacher or institute should send the progress report from January to June within July 15th and July to December within January 15th.
- The candidate can change their guru or teacher under unavoidable circumstances before the CCRT scholarship programme's commencement. However, they should obtain approval for the new guru or teacher in the joining report prescribed by the CCRT institute. The candidates should also justify their reason for the change in the document.
- If the candidates pursuing the CCRT scholarship discontinue it before the programme's end without prior permission and justification, the institute will immediately cancel the CCRT scholarship. The candidates will also fail to receive the CCRT scholarship certificate.
- While availing of the CCRT scholarship benefits, the candidates should not receive any other scholarship or stipend in the concerned art form without the organisers' approval.
- The CCRT scholarship scheme does not provide any state/UT wise quota.
- The candidates should subject all kinds of disputes and complaints against the CCRT scholarship scheme to the Delhi high court.
- The CCRT reserves all rights to introduce or change the terms and conditions relating to the CCRT scholarship scheme if found necessary.
CCRT Scholarship Allocation
The CCRT scholarship provides 650 slots to deserving students every year. The institute allocates the slots to tribal culture (ST students), divyang (differently-abled candidates), to the students who are part of the families practising traditional arts (TAF), applying for creative writing or literary skills and general students. The detailed allocation of the CCRT scholarship are as follows:
|Children of families practising traditional arts||125|
|Candidates applying for creative writing or literary arts||30|
CCRT Scholarship Contact Details
The candidates can refer to the table for the CCRT scholarship contact details:
|Director's Phone Number||011-25088638/011-25309300|
|Rajasthan||(0294) 3291577, 2430771, 2430764|
|Hyderabad||(040) 23111910, 23117050|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
CCRT Scholarship FAQs
How can I prepare for the UPSC preliminary examination by going through the CCRT scholarship website? What are the essential topics to cover?
The arts and culture is a crucial topic in the UPSC preliminary examination. The candidates can refer to the CCRT scholarship website for important information. They should focus mainly on visual arts and performing arts available on the CCRT scholarship website. The candidates should go through the subtopic and take notes of critical points.
What is the last date to apply for the CCRT scholarship 2021-22?
The organisers have postponed the CCRT new applications and renewals for 2021-22 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The candidates can check the official CCRT scholarship website for an update on the CCRT scholarship 2021 date.
What are the rewards of the CCRT scholarship?
The selected candidates for the CCRT scholarship will receive the following:
- INR 3,600 per annum
- Training fee reimbursement of up to INR 9,000 per annum
- CCRT scholarship certificate