|Conducted By||Centre for Cultural Resources and Training under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students in the age group of 10-14 years|
|Rewards||INR 3600 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the CCRT Scholarship?
The CCRT Scholarship is an initiative of the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training which is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The CCRT scholarship provides financial assistance to the exceptionally talented students in the age group of 10-14 to pursue different training programs and facilities in various art forms such as music, drama, dance, sculpture, crafts, painting, and literary arts. The primary goal of the scholarship is to uphold the generations-old traditional practices and revive the rare and dying art forms. Every year up to 650 CCRT scholarships are awarded to the deserving talented students. The CCRT also organizes exclusive programs and scholarships for training physically/ mentally challenged students. There is a reservation for students belonging to the tribal category (ST), children of families practicing traditional arts, differently-abled candidates (Divyang category), and students applying for Creative Writing/ Literary Art.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- CCRT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- CCRT Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- CCRT Scholarship Application Process
- CCRT Scholarship Documents Required
- CCRT Scholarship Selection Process
- CCRT Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- CCRT Scholarship Contact Details
CCRT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The CCRT Scholarship is awarded to the candidates who are skilled in their field of cultural art and continues the legacy of the Indian traditional art forms. The other eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for the scholarship application are given below:
- The applicant should be in the age group of 10-14 years.
- The candidate should have a basic academic background and qualification.
- He/ she should have studied from a recognized school or should be from a Traditional Artist Family (TAF) to get a specialized training course in different cultural fields such as traditional forms of dance/ music/ drama and crafts or literary activities.
- The applicant should have a proficiency degree to be able to avail of the scholarship to pursue extensive and advanced training in the traditional art form of his/ her choice.
- The candidate should have taken a minimum of 5 years of professional training under the respective guru/ teacher/ institute.
- The applicant needs to submit a certificate to verify the professional training duly signed by the current guru/ trainer as well a the former guru/ trainer and should submit it attached with the application.
CCRT Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
A total of 650 CCRT scholarships are provided to the extremely talented students of the country. The other scholarship benefits to be availed of by the selected candidates are given below:
- A total of 650 scholarships are disbursed every year.
- 100 CCRT scholarships are reserved for the Tribal culture students (Scheduled Tribe) with a valid ST certificate.
- 125 scholarships for the children from the Traditional Artist Family (TAF) who have been practicing the traditional art form from at least the last 3 generations.
- 20 scholarships reserved for the differently-abled Divyang category students having a valid disability certificate.
- 30 scholarships for the candidates who are getting into creative writing/ literary arts and related fields with evidence of an original work written by them.
- The remaining 375 scholarships are for the general category students who have studied in any recognized school and fulfill all other eligibility requirements.
- A scholarship grant of INR 3600 per annum for all the selected candidates.
- Reimbursement of the tuition fee paid to the guru/ institute/ trainer by the applicant up to an amount of INR 9000 per annum.
- The scholarship amount is credited to the bank account of the parent/ guardian through NEFT/ RTGS/ ECS.
- The duration of the scholarship starts from the date of admission of the candidate or the date specified by the CCRT.
- The CCRT scholarship amount is initially provided for a period of 2 years and then revised depending either on the completion of the degree of the scholar or the age of the candidate is 20 years old, whichever is earlier.
- The revision of the scholarship provided to the scholar depends on the satisfactory progress of the candidate.
- If the scholar does not submit the half-yearly progress report, then his/ her scholarship is canceled without any prior notice.
CCRT Scholarship Application Process:
The CCRT scholarship application form is downloaded online through the CCRT website or can be availed offline from the CCRT office. The application window is generally open from December to January every year. Each candidate is to apply for any one of the art forms available. The detailed application procedure is as follows:
- The applicant should visit the CCRT website and download the CCRT Scholarship Form 2019-20.
- The application form can also be collected from the CCRT Office in New Delhi or the CCRT Regional Offices at Udaipur, Hyderabad, and Guwahati.
- The candidate should take a hard copy of the downloaded CCRT scholarship application form and fill in all the required details in the application and verify all the details for correctness.
- The applicant should then attach all the supporting documents such as caste certificate, income certificate, proficiency certificate, etc with the application.
- He/ she should make sure that the attached documents are authentic and verified as any discrepancies in the data can lead to rejection of the application.
- The candidate should submit the completed application form via post to the following address: Centre for Cultural Resource and Training, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, 15-A, Sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110075.
Forms/ Documents Required for the CCRT Scholarship:
The important forms and documents to be attached along with the scholarship application are given below:
- Acceptance form of the candidate
- A proforma including all details and particulars regarding the training of the candidate
- Bonafide certificate from the institution where the candidate is pursuing education.
- Scholar’s Joint report
- Income certificate of the applicant’s parent/ guardian
- Half-yearly progress report of the candidate
- Bank authorization letter
CCRT Scholarship Selection Process:
The CCRT selects the candidates based on academic merit and educational qualification. The other points of the selection process are given below:
- The selection of the deserving candidates is done by the Central Selection Committee and the decision of the committee with respect to the scholarship selection is considered final and binding.
- Only the selected candidates will be notified through post about the timings, date, and location of the interview/ tests.
- The CCRT selection process is conducted at the regional level approximately.
- The candidates are accessed based on academic merit on a Scale of 1-10 by the Selection Committee members.
- The selection process is done purely based on the merit of the student and the availability of the scholarships for the respective academic year.
- The CCRT Scholarship Results are published on the CCRT website after the final selection.
CCRT Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions to be fulfilled to keep availing of the scholarship are listed below:
- The scholars are required to send the half-yearly progress report to be able to continue getting the scholarship benefits through the course.
- The progress report for the January-June academic session should be received by the 15th of July of the respective year.
- The progress report for the July-December academic session should be received by the 15th of January of the respective year.
- The candidates applying under the Traditional Artist Family (TAF) category should submit a write-up mentioning the contribution of at least the last three generations to the traditional art form.
- The candidates selected for the CCRT scholarship should not be availing of any other scholarship or stipend in the same or related art form without prior approval from the CCRT.
- There is no State quota reservation for the CCRT scholarship.
- There is no income criterium for the scholarship as the selection process is based primarily on merit. However certain preference is given to children from low-income families whose income is less than INR 8000 per month.
- Various forms are to be submitted by the applicant in the prescribed format. The forms can be downloaded from the ‘Annexures’ folder on the official CCRT website.
- Address: Centre for Cultural Resource and Training,
Ministry of Culture, Government of India,
15-A, Sector 7, Dwarka,
New Delhi- 110075
- Helpline Number: 011-25088638/ 011-25309300
- Email ID: [email protected]