Organized by the Banaras Hindu University, this entrance test is for candidates aspiring to get admission into the undergraduate program of the University. Due to the COVID-19 situation, this year, BHU UET is being conducted online. The candidates can refer to this page to get all the information on BHT UET.
Latest News on BHU UET 2020
- October 1, 2020: The BHU UET 2020 Results for the theory exam are out now. Click here to check your score.
- The practically admit cards for BHU UET 2020 are available currently for all the candidates who have qualified the theory exam. Candidates can check for their practical admit cards with the help of their roll number. Click here for the direct link.
- September 21, 2020: The provisional answer keys for Phase 2 of the BHU UET 2020 Exam are available now. Candidates will be allowed to submit their objections to the answer keys until 3:00 PM of September 24, 2020.
- What is BHU UET?
- BHU UET 2020 Exam Date
- BHU UET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- BHU UET 2020 Application Form
- BHU UET 2020 Exam Centres
- BHU UET 2020 Syllabus
- BHU UET 2020 Exam Pattern
- BHU UET 2020 Admit Card
- BHU UET 2020 Answer Key
- BHU UET 2020 Result
- BHU UET 2020 Counselling
What is BHU UET?
Banaras Hindu University was established in 1916 and it possesses one of Asia's largest residential campuses as an autonomous educational body. Organized by Banaras Hindu University, BHU UET is for students aspiring to pursue an undergraduate degree in courses like B.A., B.Sc., B.A.L.L.B, L.L.B, B.P.Ed, B.VSc., B.P.A., and B.F.A., at BHU.
The BHU UET 2020 exam is an online multiple-choice question paper that is conducted every year for a session of 120 or 150 minutes depending on the course the candidate is applying for. The candidate is given admission into the college for the respective course that he/she has applied based on the performance in the BHU UET 2020 exam.
Some key highlights of BHT UET are as follows
|Full form of the examination||Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|The time duration of the exam session||120 minutes to 150 minutes depending on the course|
|Level of Examination||Entrance into Under Graduate Programs|
|Courses offered through the examination||B.A. (Hons.) Arts,
B.A. (Hons.) Social Sciences,
B.Com. (Hons.)/ B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management,
B. Sc. (Hons.) Maths Group,
B. Sc. (Hons.) Bio Group,
B. Ed. and B.Ed. Special Education,
B. Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. (Ag.) -RGSC,
LL.B. (Hons.) (Bachelor of Laws),
and B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)
|Number of Participating Colleges||6|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
BHU UET 2020 Exam Date
The exam dates and the respective important dates for the BHU UET 2020 exam are set by the conducting body i.e; the Banaras Hindu University. The exam is organized every year, generally in two shifts, to accommodate the entrance tests for all the courses offered by the University. Candidates are advised to go through the mentioned Important Dates for BHU UET 2020, carefully.
|Release of BHU UET application form||January 30, 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||March 12, 2020 (Extended)|
|Release of BHU UET 2020 Admit Card||August 24, 2020|
|BHU UET 2020 Exam Dates - Phase 1||August 27, 2020 - August 30, 2020|
|BHU UET 2020 Exam Dates - Phase 2||September 9, 2020 - September 18, 2020|
|BHU UET 2020 Result Date||October 1, 2020|
|BHU UET 2020 Counseling||October 10, 2020|
Revised Exam Schedule:
- Click for the revised BHU UET Exam Schedule 2020
BHU UET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the BHU UET 2020 is set by the conducting authority viz. Banaras Hindu University. The candidates are required to make sure they satisfy all criteria before applying to the entrance test. The documents for the same will be verified during the counselling process. Candidature can be rejected if the information provided by the candidate, during the application process, is found to be incorrect.
The common eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates appearing in the last year of the qualifying test are eligible to apply for the entrance test provided they can produce their qualifying exam mark sheet during the time of counselling.
- Candidates who are admitted as students in Part 1/Semester 1 in BHU in any of the courses offered through the entrance test in previous years are not eligible to appear for the entrance test for the same course again unless they are given exclusive permission by the concerned faculty.
- In case the qualifying exam has a mark sheet where there are only grades mentioned, the candidate is required to submit a certificate of conversion that will facilitate the conversion of grades into marks either by a conversion formula or a certificate that shows the converted grades as marks.
- Degrees or certificates recognized by any Indian University will be considered for the application.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for different courses that they find themselves eligible for as long as the dates of the respective exams for the courses do not coincide.
The detailed eligibility criteria for the respective course is given as follows:
|Course||Academic Eligibility||Age Limit|
|B.A. (Hons) [3 years]||Must have passed 10+2 or Equivalent examination securing at least 50% of the total marks||Should not be more than 22 as of 1 July 2020|
|B.A.(Hons) Social Sciences [3 years]||Must have passed 10+2 or Equivalent examination securing at least 50% of the total marks||Should not be more than 22 as of 1 July 2020|
|B.Com. (Hons.)/ B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management [3 years]||Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Commerce/ Economics/ Maths/ Computer Sc./Finance/Financial Markets Management/Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as one of the subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and must have passed in the concerned subject||Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020|
|B. Sc. (Hons.) Maths Group [3 years]||Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in the subjects Physics, Maths plus any one of the following: Chemistry, Statistics, Geology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Geography and must have passed in each of the concerned three subjects||Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020|
|B. Sc. (Hons.) Biology Group [3 years]||Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in the subjects Physics, Chemistry plus any one of the following: Biology, Geology and Geography and must have passed in each of the concerned three subjects||Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020|
|Shastri (Hons) [3 years]||
||Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020|
|B.Ed. And B.Ed. Special Education [2 years]||
|B. Sc (Hons.) Ag./B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. -RGSC [4 years]||A candidate shall be eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag., if he/she has passed 10+2 OR equivalent examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in the subjects Physics, Chemistry plus any one of the following Biology, Maths or Agriculture. Must have passed in each of the concerned three subjects.||Not to be less than 16 years and not more than 25 years on 1st July‟ 2020|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry [5.5 years]||A candidate shall be eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H., if he/she has passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or the Indian School Certificate Examination or Intermediate examination (or equivalent examination) in Science from a recognized Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English securing at least 50% marks in aggregate and must have passed each of the aforesaid subjects individually.||Not to be less than 17 years and not more than 25 years on 1st July‟ 2020|
|LL.B. (Hons.) (Bachelor of Laws) [3 years]||B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ Shastri (at least 10+2+3 pattern) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet OR any other Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India for admission to LL.B. Course securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years (aggregate being calculated as mentioned above).|
|B.A.LL.B. (Hons) (Under Special Courses of Study) [5 years]||Applicant who has completed/ is appearing in Senior Secondary School (10+2) or equivalent (Such as 11+1, “A” level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course) examination from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from an equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course.|
|B.P.Ed. (Bachelor of Physical Education) [2 years]||
||Not to be more than 25 years on 1st July 2020|
|B.P.A. ( Bachelor of Performing Arts) [3 years]||
|B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts) [3 years]||Passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.||Not to be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020|
BHU UET 2020 Application Form
The Application for the BHU UET 2020 was released online only and it was common for all the courses. The candidates had to provide their Aadhar details while filling up the application form. Candidates were allowed to apply for multiple programs being offered by the college but for each additional program, there will be a fee that had to be paid.
Steps to Apply for BHU UET 2020
Given below are the steps that the applicant had to follow while applying for BHU UET 2020.
- Visit the official website of BHU, www.bhuonline.in.
- Complete the registration by entering the required details such as name, date of birth, and e-mail id.
- A link would be sent at your registered e-mail id, activate it.
- Once the registration is complete after activation, start filling the application form with required details including the candidate's nationality, gender, parent’s name, blood group, etc.
- Select the course and enter the necessary details
- Upload a recent photograph and a scanned copy of the applicant's signature.
- Preview the Application Form and pay fees.
BHU UET 2020 Registration
Candidates are required to register their personal information on the official website of BHU UET for identification purposes. To move forward with the application candidates need to finish the registration process.
Steps to register for the BHU UET
- Candidates will have to register with a valid email id and a valid mobile number on the online registration portal. This is important as if the candidate is applying for the first time, he/she will be sent an email with an activation link to activate the account on the portal.
- Once the account is activated, the candidate can start the application process by providing the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, etc.
- The Aadhar details of the candidates are to be provided to provide authenticity of identity, in case of candidates applying from J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam the Driver’s License or Passport can be provided as identity proof.
- Before entering the choices, the candidate must make sure that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
- All of the uploaded documents are to be of the prescribed format.
- Scanned photographs and scanned signatures are not supposed to be more than 100 KB storage size.
- Candidates have the option of paying in online mode through credit card/debit card/net banking and in offline mode through challan.
Things to keep in hand before the registration process
- A valid Email ID.
- An active mobile number.
- Scanned passport-sized photograph, in .jpeg format and storage size of less than 100Kb.
- Scanned signature copy, in .jpeg format and storage size of less than 100Kb.
- Online payment facilities like credit card/debit card/net banking.
- In case the candidate does not have the above facilities, he/she can also pay for the application in an offline mode by the process of a challan system at any HDFC bank situated in their location.
- Challan can be downloaded by selecting the cash payment option during the application process. Note: This is for offline mode of payment only.
BHU UET 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates can choose the exam centres of their own preference to appear for BHU UET 2020 from the list given below:
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||Leh||Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||Dhanbad||Hazaribagh||Jamshedpur||Ranchi|
BHU UET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the BHU Undergraduate Entrance Test mainly consists of topics from the 12th class syllabus. The difficulty of the exam is of 10+2 level. Some topics might be different based on the stream selected by the candidate.
BHU UET Syllabus for the B.Com Program
Some of the main topics focused on the B.Com Program are mentioned below. Candidates can follow this to prepare for the entrance test.
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Market Management
- Money and Banking
- Basic Mathematics
- Basic Computer Skills
- Business Organization
- Business Management
- Current Economic Affairs
BHU UET Syllabus for the B.Sc Programs
The syllabus for these programs mainly consists of physics, chemistry, and mathematics topics of the 12th class syllabus.
BHU UET Syllabus for the B.A. Programs
The following topics are included in the syllabus for the entrance test into the B.A Program. Candidates should prepare these topics along with the 12th class syllabus.
- General Awareness
- Political Science
- Indian Culture Heritage
- Natural Resources
- Comprehensive Ability
- Mental Ability
- Literature and Art
- Common Diseases
- Environment and its pollution
- Numerical Ability
- Solar System
- Population explosion
- Human Body and Health
- Climate and Weather
- Production of food and raw materials
BHU UET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the BHU UET is the same for the various courses that the college offers. The only difference will be in the number of sections in the question paper which relies on the course and the number of topics offered. The key points regarding the exam pattern are as follows:
|Mode of the Exam||Pen and Paper-Based/ Offline Test|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Exam Duration||Differs for every course|
|Language of the Question Paper||English and Hindi|
The marking scheme for BHU UET is discussed below:
|Marking Scheme for BHU UET 2020|
|On Selection of Two Choices||-1|
BHU UET 2020 Admit Card
The BHU UET Admit Card was released on the official website on August 24, 2020. The admit card is never sent to the candidates by post. The admit card must be downloaded and preserved by the candidate for future reference. Candidates can visit the official website- 'http://bhuonline.in/' to download the admit cards.
How to download the BHU UET Hall Ticket?
Candidates can follow the below steps to download the admit card for the BHU UET exam.
- Visit the official website for the BHU UET.
- Click on the link directed towards the BHU UET Admit Card.
- Log in to the portal with the registration ID and the password that was set during the registration process.
- Download and print the admit card after cross-checking the details given on the admit card.
- Keep the admit card safely even after the exam as it might be required during the counselling process.
- In case of any discrepancies in the admit card, the concerned authority (in this case, the university's help desk) must be notified immediately so that the required changes can be made on time.
Documents to be carried along with the BHU UET admit card
The candidate is required to carry a minimum of 2 photocopies of the hall ticket to the BHU UET test centre. Along with this, any one of the following documents is to be carried to be allowed into the exam centre.
- Aadhar Card / Smart Card
- PAN Card
- Driver's License
- Voter's ID
BHU UET 2020 Answer Key
BHU provides an Answer Key before the publication of the result. Initially, the answer key released is considered as provisional. This version of the answer key can be challenged. The challenge window is kept open for three days from the date of release of BHU UET Answer Key. The process of BHU UET 2020 Answer Key challenge is done on the website of BHU. A fee of INR 100 is administrated per challenged question. The fee for the challenge can only be paid online using Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card. If the challenges are considered, BHU consolidates all the changes and releases BHU UET final answer key.
Steps to download the BHU UET 2020 Answer Key
Step 1: Visit the official website of BHU
Step 2: Find the Answer Key Link in the notification box, click on it.
Step 3: Access the answer key using your login credentials
Step 4: Download the answer key
Steps to Challenge BHU UET 2020 Answer Key
Step 1: Go to the Challenge window on the official website of BHU UET
Step 2: Click on the BHU UET tab
Step 3: Login using your credentials such as email, mobile number, roll number, etc.
Step 4: Choose the question and add reference material
Step 5: Pay the fee and submit.
BHU UET 2020 Result
A merit list is generated based on the marks obtained by a student in the BHU UET exam. The BHU UET Results are announced on the official website of Banaras Hindu University. However, selection into the merit list for the exam is dependant on the fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria by the candidate and the minimum qualifying marks for the exam. There are different minimum marks for the various courses that the university offers.
The minimum marks required for different categories is as follows:
- For candidates belonging to General/OBC categories: Not less than 35% of the marks obtained by the topper for the exam in the respective course.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories: Not less than 25% of the marks obtained by the topper for the entrance test in the respective course.
- For MPA/BPA and MFA/BFA courses: Not less than 35% (in the theory exam) and 45% (in the practical exam) of the marks obtained by the topper in the entrance test for the respective course. The Merit is based on the sum of the two scores i.e; score in the theory paper and the score in the practical test.
- For B.P.Ed. course: Not less than 35% (in the theory paper) and 45% (in the physical test) of the marks scored by the topper in the exam for the course. The merit will be based on the sum of three scores i.e; marks in the theory paper, marks in the physical test, and bonus marks for any sports achievement.
There will be negative marking in the entrance tests. The marking system is as follows:
- +3 marks for a correct response.
- -1 marks for an incorrect response.
- 0 marks for no response.
How to check BHU UET Results?
The following steps can be followed to view/download the BHU UET Results
- Visit the official website for the BHU undergraduate entrance test.
- Log in to the candidate portal for the entrance test.
- Click on the link provided to view the respective result for the entrance exam for the various courses.
- The scorecard will be displayed on the screen along with the cut-off set for that year.
- If the cut-off set for the test is cleared, then the candidate will be receiving a call letter for the counselling process.
- Download the scorecard and the counselling call letter for use in the counselling process.
BHU UET 2020 Counselling
The counselling start date for BHU UET 2020 is October 10, 2020. The shortlisted candidates for the BHU UET are subjected to three stages of counselling, i.e; filling in online options, seat allotment on the day of counselling, and reporting on the college allotted to the candidate. The seats are allotted to candidates based on the merit list generated after the results have been announced, and the merit index for the respective course.
The counselling process for the BHU UET is conducted shortly following the announcement of the BHU UET results. Candidates who have qualified the exam will be receiving call letters for the counselling process. This call letter is to be downloaded by the candidate for the counselling process. Only those candidates who receive the call letter are eligible for the counselling process. Candidates will be informed about the issue of the call latter either by SMS or Email ID through the registered details.
BHU UET Counselling Procedure
Candidates are required to follow the below steps during the counselling process to ensure that they secure a seat in the university.
Step 1: Online preference entry
This is an important step as candidates can select their preferred courses in the Banaras Hindu University or any of the affiliated colleges of the BHU UET. Candidates can also mention if they wish to apply for the course only through a regular seat or if they are willing to take admission through a paid seat if the regular seats are filled. It is required that candidates fill in all the available options as that will give them a better chance of getting their desired seats at their desired college for the desired course.
Step 2: Seat allotment on the day of counselling
After submitting the online preference form, the candidates will receive the counselling schedule set by the examination authority. The candidates must reach the counselling venue on time on the day of counselling. Candidates are required to sign an attendance sheet upon arrival at the venue. The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the merit list created and the candidates will be called for the counselling based on their rank in the exam. The preference form filled and submitted by the candidate on the day of counselling will be considered as final and the system will assign the seats based on the merit list, preference of seats, and the availability of the seat.
Step 3: Provisional Admission Letter
Candidates who get provisionally admitted into a course will be provided a provisional admission letter on the day after the counselling process. This letter will contain details such as the admission fees, deadline for the payment of the admission fees, etc.
Step 4: Admission Fees and Fee Receipt
Selected candidates will have to pay the admission fees for the respective course before the deadline. The payment can be done in either online mode or offline mode. The online mode of transaction is through the payment gateway for the Banaras Hindu University either through a credit card or a debit card. The offline mode of payment is through the payment counters at the counselling centres. There are chances that the seats of a higher preference for the candidate get vacated before the end of the counselling process, in such cases, the candidate is allowed to claim it. The final seat allotment is confirmed only after the payment of the admission fees after the last date of the counselling process.