Know the question pattern and the ways to attempt UCEED drawing paper. Additionally, we have provided sample questions and links to download previous years' UCEED question paper.
UCEED has recently introduced the drawing/ subjective evaluation question for the exam. Hence, knowing the pattern of questions that usually appear for UCEED drawing questions are essential. Besides, the paper is divided into two parts, Part A and Part B. The total marks are 300, and all the questions are mandatory to attempt. However, Part B of the UCEED exam carries the drawing questions.
Furthermore, candidates are encouraged to practice questions for the drawing test for UCEED to score more marks in the examination.
For the benefit of understanding better about the drawing section, we have mentioned the points that are important and provided the last few years' question papers.
What is the Probable Kind of UCEED Drawing Questions?
The UCEED questions are supposed to be from various creative fields. This question mainly tests the creative ability of the candidates. Further, it also examines the candidates' ability to use their creative senses to complete certain objects or images. Some of the question patterns are specified in the points below:
- Fine Arts - In this part, the fine art skills are tested. For instance, questions such as - draw a hand holding pen/ pencil, draw the posture of a personality sitting on a chair, and still picture a bottle. It is to test the basic drawing skills of the candidates and to measure the awareness.
- Graphics - These are mostly like 2D graphic drawings. Questions like poster making, designing book covers are asked. One such example is making posters to create awareness to reduce carbon footprint.
- Creative Thinking - This section is more like an applied art question. It tests the creativity of thinking ability and sketching skills. One such example is - imagine having magic beans in hand, throwing them out of the window and later on waking up to something exhilarating the next morning. These questions are really fun to attend, and it exemplifies the candidates' creative skills. Additionally, some shapes are provided to support the doodle or sketch of the candidate's creation.
- Creative Writing - In this section, the creative writing of the candidates are examined. Here, a candidate may be asked to write captions for any story, blogs, and other writing tools used for creative writing. For example - write an imaginative story based on the objects/ characters provided. Also, sketch an imaginative scene of the very story or draw an image that depicts the same mood.
- Design Based Problems - This is where designs are proposed to solve certain problems. For example - the question could be to draw a two-wheeler vehicle/ ambulance for rural areas or develop a phone-based app to help them sell their products in the open market without a middleman.
- Observational Creation - The observation power is tested in this category. Candidates may be asked to complete a half-drawn image out of a few things. Alternatively, candidates may be asked to identify any object and complete it.
- Aptitude Sketch - It is where aptitude can be coupled with sketching. One such question is - a surface construction of a cube can be shown with specific shapes on every face; candidates have to employ their imagination when the cube is placed collectively or joined to form a 3D form and draw the correct orientation of all the shapes on the correct surfaces.
Read More: UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern
Practice Question for Drawing Test for UCEED
The UCEED drawing questions are typically constructed to testify to the imaginary power of the candidate. If they are fit for the role or not. Some of the questions that are quite similar to the actual UCEED drawing questions are listed below:
Sample Question 1
Sketch the picture of a schoolboy sitting in a room, reading a book, in the absence of electricity. Then, however, only with the assistance of candlelight in the room, being seated on the floor.
Give preference to:
- Pencil stroke
- Object size
- The proportion of objects concerning the boy
- Light condition about the candle light
Sample Question 2
Draw a scene of a computer kept on the desk/ table with the subsequent things mentioned below. Besides, map an observed plan on how to organise and arrange the listed objects. Then, take vivid time to analyse and initiate the immediate plan. Once done, make the original drawing.
List of Objects
- Desktop computer with all necessary object
- A rotatable/ swinging chair facing the table
- Sound system, preferably woofers
- Three books were placed on the shelf placed next to the PC
- A table light (for night reading)
- Dustbin at the side bottom
- Racks or cupboards included in the table
- If possible, sketch a person working on the PC
Sample Question 3
Imagine and visualise a topic with the things mentioned below. Also, once done, draw it.
List of Objects
- A young boy opening the fridge
- The fridge is partially opened
- Draw a cooking stove/ gas stove, including kitchen tools.
Sample Question 4
Imagine seated in a side lower berth of 2nd AC compartment of Indian railways and observing the opposite side berths, i.e. upper and lower berths (total four berths). Sketch the illustration that combines the railway windows, berths, AC, lights, one person sitting or sleeping on the berth, centre stands, water bottle with holders and charging ports.
Sample Question 5
Imagine and draw a bird's eye glimpse of the situation, including the following visions mentioned below:
- A village location with fields.
- A tree and an accompanying field boundary.
- A farmer is cultivating in the field utilising two cows.
- Water flowing from the pump attached to the well.
Read More: UCEED 2023 Syllabus
Previous Years' UCEED Drawing Questions
Keeping in mind the requirement of the candidates to learn the complete details of the exam structure, here we have provided the year-wise questions of the last few years. Therefore, analyse the questions thoroughly and proceed with the preparation of UCEED.
|Years||Question Papers||Answer Key|
|2021||Click Here||Click Here|
|2020||Click Here||Click Here|
|2019||Click Here||Click Here|
|2018||Click Here||Click Here|
|2017||Click Here||Click Here|
|2016||Click Here||Click Here|
|2015||Click Here||Click Here|
Read More: UCEED 2023 Previous Year Question Paper
UCEED Drawing Questions Preparation Tips
Here are some of the UCEED drawing questions preparation tips that can enrich the skills and help the candidate score marks.
- Candidates must try and improve their freehand drawing/ sketching skills.
- Next, inculcate a habit of improvising and creating innovative drawing techniques.
- Afterwards, candidates can take the help of comic strips available in the newspaper to practice.
- Improving and building a solid visualising capacity to progress in the exam is necessary.
- Lastly, candidates must employ good exam planning to succeed in the UCEED drawing section.