The Council of Architecture organises the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) to select candidates for admission to the five-year Bachelor of Architecture programme.
The Council of Architecture (COA) will host NATA 2023 for candidates seeking admission to B.Arch programs. The council plans to hold NATA 2023 in the second week of April 2023. NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture admissions exam held in India for top-ranked government or private colleges.
Table of Contents
- NATA 2023 Important Highlights
- NATA 2023 Important Dates
- NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Steps to Apply for NATA 2023 Exam
- NATA 2023 Application Fees
- NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
- NATA 2023 Exam Syllabus
- NATA 2023 Exam Recommended Books
- NATA 2023 Answer Key
- NATA 2023 Results
- NATA 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
NATA 2023 Important Highlights
Candidates seeking admission to the 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) program can apply for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) by filling out the application form. The following are some major highlights for the NATA 2023 exam.
|Exam Name||NATA 2023|
|Full form||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Authority||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Courses Available||5-year Bachelor of Architecture program|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Frequency of Examination||Held Annually|
NATA 2023 Important Dates
Keeping in mind the announced dates listed below, students can study for the NATA 2023 exam.
|Registration Start Date||January 2023|
|Registration Last Date||March 2023|
|Fee Payment Last Date||March 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||April 2023|
|Exam Date||2nd week of April 2023|
|Answer Key Upload Date||May 2023|
|Result Declaration||May 2023|
Read More: NATA 2023 Exam Dates
NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting the application form, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for NATA 2023 exam mentioned below.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examinations are eligible.
- Those who have completed a 10+3 diploma in any field recognised by the Central/State Government are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma after ten years of education are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in PCM.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in 10+2 can also apply for the NATA exam.
- For NATA applications, lateral entries are not permitted.
For B.Arch Course: Candidates who have passed (or are about to pass) their 10+2 exam or 10+3 Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma, or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks and have cleared the NATA test are eligible for admission to B.Arch courses.
Read More: NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Steps to Apply for NATA 2023 Exam
Candidates who wish to compete in NATA 2023 can submit their application form online. Candidates must first register to generate a login id and password. Using these credentials, the candidate will be able to access the NATA portal and complete the admission form.
Steps for New Registration
In the given steps candidates can check the details regarding NATA 2023 New Registration.
- Navigate to NATA's official website at nata.in.
- When you click on the NATA 2023 registration link, a new sign-up form will appear.
- Enter your name, unique email address, date of birth, and security questions.
- Create a strong password for yourself. Validation will necessitate the use of an OTP.
- At the bottom, click the 'sign-up' button.
- A one-of-a-kind application number will be generated. Keep it in the file for future reference.
Steps for Filling NATA 2023 Application Form
Applicants can check the information given below in order to fill out the NATA 2023 application form.
- Fill out all of your personal information, including your name, parent's name, nationality, category, date of birth, Aadhar number, government ID proofs, and permanent and temporary addresses.
- Fill in your exam preferences, such as one or two attempts.
- Choose your preferred test centre based on your preferences and location.
- Fill in the other educational details such as 10th and 12th-grade point averages, board names, graduation year, and stream name.
Registration Documents Specification
The documents that applicants must upload when applying for NATA 2023 are stated below. Applications will be approved only if all details are valid and photographs are uploaded in the proper format.
|Documents Required||Size||File Type|
|Category or disability certificate (if applicable)||200 (KB)|
NATA 2023 Application Fees
Applicants must also pay an application fee in order to submit their applications. Forms that do not include the required fee will be rejected. The following is the application fee for candidates applying for various courses:
|Category||Fees per attempt||Fees for two attempts|
|General / UR||INR 2,000||INR 4,000|
|SC/ ST||INR 1,500||INR 3,000|
Applicants who wish to take the test from a location outside India must pay the following fees for both sessions:
|Sessions||Fees per attempt|
|Fees per attempt||INR 10,000|
|Fees for two attempts||INR 20,000|
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
Before beginning their preparation, students should be aware of the exam pattern. Here is the NATA 2023 exam pattern that candidates should be aware of.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Type of Questions||
|Number of MCQs and calculative sums||80%|
|Number of Preferential Choice Questions||20%|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Sectional Duration||60 minutes (1 hour)|
|Total No. of Questions||125|
|Marks Awarded for Correct Answer||2 marks|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking for wrong answers|
|Medium of Exam||English|
NATA 2023 Exam Syllabus
Candidates must completely review the curriculum in order to perform well in the NATA 2023 exam. There is no success without hard work, and in order to qualify for the exam, students can better prepare by knowing which topics to explore in-depth and which require only a cursory understanding.
The syllabus for NATA 2023 is majorly divided into 3 sections namely: General Aptitude, Mathematics, and Drawing.
|Name of the section||Important topics|
Read More: NATA 2023 Syllabus
NATA 2023 Exam Recommended Books
Some of the most recommended books for NATA 2023 preparation are given below.
|Section||Book Name||Name of Author|
|General Aptitude||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Book||RS Aggarwal|
|General Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||RS Aggarwal|
|Mathematics||Elementary Mathematics||Dorfeev, Potapov|
|Mathematics class XI Vol. I||RD Sharma|
|Mathematics Class XI Vol. II||RD Sharma|
|B. Arch. Exam guide||PK Mishra|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Physics||Concepts of physics||HC Verma|
|Fundamental-Physics||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Problems in Physics||A.A. Pinsky|
|A Collection of questions and problems in Physics||LA Sena|
|Advanced Level Physics: Examples and Exercises||Nelson, Michael, Parker, Philip|
|Chemistry||Physical chemistry||O.P. Tandon and A.S. Singh|
|Numerical chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Physical chemistry||Peter Atkins, Julio De Paula|
|Organic chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Inorganic chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Inorganic chemistry||JD Lee|
|A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations||Arihant|
Read More: NATA 2023 Books
NATA 2023 Answer Key
The NATA exam is a computer-based aptitude test, and candidates' responses will be available on the website. Following the examination, model answers to MCQ (Part A) will be available online. The answer key for each candidate, as well as the candidate's Part-wise marks, will be uploaded prior to the publication of the results. There will be no review available for the drawing test (Part B).
Note:- There will be no provision for a post-publication review and any request made after the result has been published will be denied.
Read More: NATA 2023 Answer Key
NATA 2023 Results
Around one week after the test, each candidate's response sheet (for Part A) will be uploaded, along with the subject-wise mark(s) obtained. The NATA 2023 results will be available on the website learning.tcsionhub.in, and candidates will be able to view their results by logging into this website. Along with the marks obtained in each subject, the total marks obtained out of 200 and the candidate's qualifying status (pass/ fail) will be included in the result.
NATA 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
The following are the basic NATA preparation strategies that can assist candidates in passing their NATA:
- All of the topics covered in the NATA exam necessitate extensive practice. Whether you are studying Mathematics, Aptitude, or Drawing, practice is essential.
- Time management is also critical for exam preparation. Allow enough time for each of the three sections of study: mathematics, aptitude, and drawing.
- Solve previous years' question papers to gain a thorough understanding of the exam.
- Try to learn about famous national and international architects and architectural creations by reading and collecting information.