NATA 2023 exam is conducted in four phases for the students to get into any of the top Architectural colleges in India. The authority has released the NATA Test 4 results on Sept 27, 2023.
The Council of Architecture (COA) hosted the NATA 2023 in four phases for candidates seeking admission to B.Arch programs. The NATA Phase III results were released on Jul 18, 2023, and the exam was conducted on Jul 9, 2023. The registration process for NATA Test 4 ends on Sept 13, 2023. The exam will be conducted on Sept 17, 2023, and the admit card was made available on Sept 14 at 8 p.m. The answer keys for NATA Test 4 have been made available for the candidates now, and the results have been released on Sept 27, 2023.
NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture admissions exam held in India for top-ranked government or private colleges.
Table of Contents
- NATA 2023 Highlights
- NATA 2023 Important Dates
- NATA 2023 Results
- NATA 2023 Cutoff
- NATA 2023 Counselling
- Top Colleges Accepting NATA 2023 Scores
- NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Steps to Apply for NATA 2023 Exam
- NATA 2023 Application Fees
- NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
- NATA 2023 Exam Syllabus
- NATA 2023 Answer Key
- NATA 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
- NATA 2023 Exam Recommended Books
NATA 2023 Highlights
Candidates seeking admission to the 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) program can apply for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) by filling out the application form. The following are some major highlights for the NATA 2023 exam.
|Exam Name||NATA 2023|
|Full form||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Authority||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Courses Available||5-year Bachelor of Architecture program|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Frequency of Examination||Held Annually|
|NATA Cut Off for JJ College of Architecture||NATA Rank List 2023|
NATA 2023 Important Dates
The official authorities released the dates for all the four phases. The date sheet with all the upcoming events is as follows:
|Events||Phase I Dates||Phase II Dates||Phase III Dates||Phase IV Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||Mar 20, 2023||Mar 20, 2023||Mar 20, 2023||Aug 23, 2023|
|Application Form Last Date||Apr 13, 2023 (Extended)||May 24, 2023||Jun 29, 2023 (Extended)||Sept 11, 2023|
|Application Correction Window||Apr 8 - 10, 2023||May 20 - 22, 2023 (Till 8 PM)||Jun 20 - 24, 2023||Sept 11, 2023|
|Printing of Confirmation Page||Apr 14, 2023||May 25, 2023||Jun 27, 2023||Sept 11, 2023|
|Admit Card Date||Apr 18, 2023||May 30, 2023||Jul 5, 2023||Sept 14, 2023|
|NATA Exam Date 2023||Apr 21, 2023||Jun 3, 2023||Jul 9, 2023||Sept 17, 2023|
|NATA Answer Key 2023||Apr 26, 2023||Jun 3, 2023||Jul 12, 2023||Sept 19, 2023|
|Result Date||Apr 30, 2023||Jun 13, 2023||Jul 18, 2023||Sept 27, 2023|
Read More: NATA 2023 Exam Dates
NATA 2023 Results
Around one week after the test, each candidate's response sheet (for Part A) are uploaded, along with the subject-wise mark(s) obtained. Along with the marks obtained in each subject, the total marks obtained out of 200 and the candidate's qualifying status (pass/ fail) will be included in the result.
Steps to Download NATA Results
The NATA 2023 results are available on the official website and candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Candidates have to visit the official website.
- Click on the option that says ''Click Here to Generate the Scorecard''.
- Enter their application number and password.
- The NATA results 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must check the details and download it.
NATA 2023 Cutoff
The NATA 2023 cutoff marks are the minimum scores candidates need to achieve in the NATA examination to be eligible for admission. After the NATA results are declared, colleges release their merit lists indicating the cutoff marks or rank required for admission.
- The cutoff marks are usually determined based on the overall NATA score, calculated by considering the scores obtained in both the Drawing Test and the Aptitude Test.
- Further, different colleges may have different cutoff marks depending on factors such as the number of available seats, the number of applicants, and the overall performance of the candidates.
- Moreover, it is important to note that the cutoff marks can vary for categories such as General, SC, ST, OBC, etc.
|Part||Minimum Marks to Qualify||Cutoff Marks|
|Part A - Mathematics||32||125|
|Part B - Drawing||18||75|
NATA 2023 Counselling
After the NATA 2023 results are declared, qualified candidates must participate in counselling to secure admission to their desired colleges.
The counselling process for NATA typically involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates must register for counselling on the official website of the respective counselling authority or college.
- Choice Filling: After registration, candidates must fill in their preferred colleges and courses based on their NATA scores and eligibility criteria.
- Document Verification: Candidates must visit the designated counselling centres for document verification. They must carry the necessary documents, such as a NATA scorecard, educational certificates, identity proof, etc.
- Seat Allotment: Seat Allotment is conducted based on the choices filled by the candidates and their NATA scores. The allotment is done in the order of merit and availability of seats.
- Acceptance of Seat and Fee Payment: Once a seat is allotted, candidates must accept the seat within the specified time and pay the required admission fees to confirm their seat.
- Reporting to College: After accepting the seat and paying the admission fees, candidates must report to the allotted college within the specified period to complete the admission formalities.
NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting the application form, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for NATA 2023 exam mentioned below.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examinations are eligible.
- Those who have completed a 10+3 diploma in any field recognised by the Central/State Government are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma after ten years of education are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in PCM.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in 10+2 can also apply for the NATA exam.
- For NATA applications, lateral entries are not permitted.
For B.Arch Course: Candidates who have passed (or are about to pass) their 10+2 exam or 10+3 Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma, or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks and have cleared the NATA test are eligible for admission to B.Arch courses.
Read More: NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Steps to Apply for NATA 2023 Exam
Candidates who wish to compete in NATA 2023 can submit their application form online. Candidates must first register to generate a login id and password.
Using these credentials, the candidate will be able to access the NATA portal and complete the admission form.
Steps for New Registration
In the given steps candidates can check the details regarding NATA 2023 New Registration.
- Navigate to NATA's official website at nata.in.
- When you click on the NATA 2023 registration link, a new sign-up form will appear.
- Enter your name, unique email address, date of birth, and security questions.
- Create a strong password for yourself. Validation will necessitate the use of an OTP.
- At the bottom, click the 'sign-up' button.
- A one-of-a-kind application number will be generated. Keep it in the file for future reference.
Steps for Filling NATA 2023 Application Form
Applicants can check the information given below in order to fill out the NATA 2023 application form.
- Fill out all of your personal information, including your name, parent's name, nationality, category, date of birth, Aadhar number, government ID proofs, and permanent and temporary addresses.
- Fill in your exam preferences, such as one or two attempts.
- Choose your preferred test centre based on your preferences and location.
- Fill in the other educational details such as 10th and 12th-grade point averages, board names, graduation year, and stream name.
Registration Documents Specification
The documents that applicants must upload when applying for NATA 2023 are stated below. Applications will be approved only if all details are valid and photographs are uploaded in the proper format.
|Documents Required||Size||File Type|
|Category or disability certificate (if applicable)||200 (KB)|
NATA 2023 Application Fees
Applicants must also pay an application fee in order to submit their applications. Forms that do not include the required fee will be rejected. The following is the application fee for candidates applying for various courses:
|Category||Fees per attempt||Fees for two attempts|
|General / UR||INR 2,000||INR 4,000|
|SC/ ST||INR 1,500||INR 3,000|
Applicants who wish to take the test from a location outside India must pay the following fees for both sessions:
|Sessions||Fees per attempt|
|Fees per attempt||INR 10,000|
|Fees for two attempts||INR 20,000|
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
Before beginning their preparation, students should be aware of the exam pattern. Here is the NATA 2023 exam pattern that candidates should be aware of.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Type of Questions||
|Number of MCQs and calculative sums||80%|
|Number of Preferential Choice Questions||20%|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Sectional Duration||60 minutes (1 hour)|
|Total No. of Questions||125|
|Marks Awarded for Correct Answer||2 marks|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking for wrong answers|
|Medium of Exam||English|
NATA 2023 Exam Syllabus
Candidates must completely review the curriculum in order to perform well in the NATA 2023 exam. There is no success without hard work, and in order to qualify for the exam, students can better prepare by knowing which topics to explore in-depth and which require only a cursory understanding.
The syllabus for NATA 2023 is majorly divided into 3 sections namely: General Aptitude, Mathematics, and Drawing.
|Name of the section||Important topics|
Read More: NATA 2023 Syllabus
NATA 2023 Answer Key
The NATA exam is a computer-based aptitude test, and candidates' responses for phase II are available on the website. The answer key for each candidate, as well as the candidate's part-wise marks, are uploaded prior to the publication of the results. There will be no review available for the drawing test (Part B).
Steps to Download NATA Answer Keys
The steps to download the NATA 2023 phase II answer keys are simple. Candidates can follow the process mentioned below:
- Candidates must visit the official website of NATA: www.nata.in
- They can locate and click the 'Test 2 Answer Key' option on the home page.
- The page will be redirected to the answer key 2023 page.
- Now, candidates must enter their application number and test password and click 'Login'.
- The answer keys will be displayed on the screen.
|NATA Answer Key 2023 Phase III||Download Now|
Note:- There will be no provision for a post-publication review and any request made after the result has been published will be denied.
Read More: NATA 2023 Answer Key
Top Colleges Accepting NATA 2023 Scores
NATA 2023 scores are accepted by various colleges that admit candidates to architecture courses. Some of the popular colleges are listed below.
- JJ College of Architecture
- RV College of Architecture
- CEPT University
- LJ School of Architecture
- Parul Institute of Architecture and Research
- Vadodara Design Academy
- Vidyamandir College of Architecture, Women
- Kalol Institute of Architecture & Design, Kalol
- ITM School of Architecture Art and Design
- DC Patel School of Architecture (A.P.I.E.D)
NATA 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
The following are the basic NATA preparation strategies that can assist candidates in passing their NATA:
- All of the topics covered in the NATA exam necessitate extensive practice. Whether you are studying Mathematics, Aptitude, or Drawing, practice is essential.
- Time management is also critical for exam preparation. Allow enough time for each of the three sections of study: mathematics, aptitude, and drawing.
- Solve previous years' question papers to gain a thorough understanding of the exam.
- Try to learn about famous national and international architects and architectural creations by reading and collecting information.
NATA 2023 Exam Recommended Books
Some of the most recommended books for NATA 2023 preparation are given below.
|Section||Book Name||Name of Author|
|General Aptitude||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Book||RS Aggarwal|
|General Aptitude by RS Aggarwal|
|Mathematics||Elementary Mathematics||Dorfeev, Potapov|
|Mathematics class XI Vol. I||RD Sharma|
|Mathematics Class XI Vol. II|
|B. Arch. Exam guide||PK Mishra|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Physics||Concepts of physics||HC Verma|
|Fundamental-Physics||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Problems in Physics||A.A. Pinsky|
|A Collection of questions and problems in Physics||LA Sena|
|Advanced Level Physics: Examples and Exercises||Nelson, Michael, Parker, and Philip|
|Chemistry||Physical chemistry||O.P. Tandon and A.S. Singh|
|Numerical chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Physical chemistry||Peter Atkins and Julio De Paula|
|Organic chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Inorganic chemistry||JD Lee|
|A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations||Arihant|
Read More: NATA 2023 Books