It is important for all the candidates to know the NATA 2021 exam pattern in order to prepare well. NATA 2021 will be marked on two factors. For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded for the candidates in the section of Mathematics and General Aptitude and There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
NATA Exam Pattern 2021
NATA 2021 is conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test) and as well as offline which is (Pen and Paper Based). NATA question paper will consist of two parts (Part A and Part B). Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). And Part B will be in Drawing sheets on A4 size paper.
Duration of this exam will be 3 hours which are divided into two parts i.e. 1 hour (60 minutes) for Part A (MCQs) and 2 hours (120 minutes) for Part B (Drawing). All questions and instructions will be available only in English language only. Answer Keys will be published after the completion of NATA 2021.
Note: To get an idea about NATA 2021 question paper, you can go through NATA Syllabus and the candidate can join NATA 2021 crash course after that. There he will get NATA 2021 books also, for his preparation.
NATA Paper Pattern Highlights
The Board of examination will set the pattern of the exam. The exam pattern will undergo changes only if there is a unaminous decision taken by the authorities. NATA 2021 will be conducted in the pen and paper mode as well as computer mode to test the skills of the candidates in design and architecture. Many factors must be considered before attempting the NATA 2021 but understanding the NATA exam pattern will help candidates boost their confidence about the exam. Candidates can find the highlights of the examination below.
|Exam mode||Computer-Based/ Paper Based|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions (MCQ)|
|Total number of questions||62|
|Marking scheme||Correct response- +2
Incorrect response- 0
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
NATA Exam Pattern is discussed as follows. To understand the marking system, we must be aware of the type of questions that will be asked along with the weightage it holds. This method will increase the understanding of the examination pattern and in turn help the candidate assess His or Her time properly during preperation as well as on the day of the exam. Mode of exam and number of questions are also given.
|Part||Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks||Mode of Exam||Total Time Duration|
|Part I||Mathematics||20||20 X 2 Marks= 40||Computer-Based||First 60 minutes|
|Part I||General Aptitude||40||40 X 2 Marks= 80||Computer-Based|
|Part II||Drawing test||2||2 X 40 Marks= 80||Paper & Pencil Based||Last 120 minutes|
|-Total||62||200 marks||-||180 minutes (3 hours)|
Exam Pattern for Mathematics & General Aptitude and Drawing Test
One out of the options would be right and every right response would yield 2 marks. There is no negative marking in NATA 2021. Candidates have to attempt 2 question papers i.e, Part 1 and Part 2 within 3 hours. These questions would be examined by various examiners, independently.
These questions are judged on the following aspects:
- Capability to sketch a given object proportional and providing the same in a visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- A Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given 3 Dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating 2 Dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in a given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Distribution of marks
As there are 2 sections, it is vital to understand the distribution of marks for both the sections and prepare accordingly to score the qualifying rank. The subject-wise distribution is discussed below. The number of questions per subject is provided for better understanding of the scheme of the NATA 2021 exam pattern. Distribution of marks for NATA is given in the table below.
|Mathematics (20 Questions)||20*2||40|
|General aptitude (40 Questions)||40*2||80|
|Drawing (2 Questions)||2*40||80|
Important Guidelines to be Followed on NATA 2021 Exam Day
- Please carry your original admit card with you and one copy of the photo, same as the one uploaded and Black Ball Pen, pencil, eraser, colour pencils.
- Candidates are advised to bring a clipboard with them on which nothing should be written. Each candidate will be allocated a seat according to their roll No.
- Candidates are allowed to carry an Admit Card which is issued to him/her, Ball pen or pencils, photographs of candidates including the ID Proof, etc. No electronic items are allowed inside.
- No candidate, without special permission of the Centre-in-Charge or the supervisor concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until duration of examination for the paper is over.
- Candidates should have to hand over their drawing sheet to the supervisor before leaving exam hall. Candidates will have to maintain silence during the examination.
- If a candidate will be found adopting unfair means, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a period according to the nature of the offense.