The All India Management Association conducts MAT 2023 for admission to MBA/PGDM programs. MAT CBT 1 admit card will be released on Nov 30, 2023.
MAT 2023 is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) for admission to MBA/PGDM programs offered by many revered Management and Business Institutes nationwide. The Management Aptitude Test (MAT), which is a national-level entrance examination, provides the applicants with the choices of PBT (Paper-Based Test), CBT (Computer-Based Test), and IBT (Internet-Based Test) modes. Around 800 Management and Business schools in India offer admission through MAT.
The authority will release the MAT CBT 1 admit card on Nov 30, 2023.
Table of Contents
- MAT 2023 Highlights
- MAT 2023 Important Dates
- MAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- MAT 2023 Application Form
- MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- MAT 2023 Syllabus
- MAT 2023 Admit Card
- MAT 2023 Answer Key
- MAT 2023 Result
- MAT 2023 Cutoff
- MAT 2023 Counselling
- MAT 2023 Participating Institutions
MAT 2023 Highlights
The MAT 2023 examination particulars are tabulated below for the reference of candidates. The MAT examination will be conducted across four sessions in 2023.
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Four times a year - February, May, September, December|
|Mode||CBT, PBT, IBT|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,650|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions in more than 800 MBA Colleges in India|
|No. of Test Cities||PBT Mode- 54|
|CBT Mode- 31|
MAT 2023 Important Dates
The official conducting authority has announced the MAT exam dates for the September and December sessions. The exam registration has begun, and the official dates are mentioned in the table below.
|Test Mode||Registration Ends||Availability of Admit Card||Exam Date|
|MAT September 2023|
|PBT||Aug 29, 2023||Aug 31, 2023||Sept 3, 2023|
|CBT||Sept 12, 2023||Sept 14, 2023||Sept 17, 2023|
|IBT||Aug 17, 2023||Aug 18, 2023||Aug 20, 2023|
|IBT||Aug 30, 2023||Aug 31, 2023||Sept 2, 2023|
|IBT||Sept 6, 2023||Sept 7, 2023||Sept 9, 2023|
|IBT||Sept 7, 2023||Sept 8, 2023||Sept 10, 2023|
|IBT||Sept 13, 2023||Sept 14, 2023||Sept 16, 2023|
|IBT||Sept 19, 2023||Sept 20, 2023||Sept 22, 2023|
|IBT||Sept 20, 2023||Sept 21, 2023||Sept 23, 2023|
|MAT December 2023|
|PBT||Dec 5, 2023||Dec 7, 2023||Dec 9, 2023|
|CBT - 1||Nov 28, 2023||Nov 30, 2023||Dec 3, 2023|
|CBT - 2||Dec 11, 2023||Dec 13, 2023||Dec 16, 2023|
|IBT||Dec 3, 2023||Dec 4, 2023||Dec 6, 2023|
|IBT||Dec 6, 2023||Dec 7, 2023||Dec 9, 2023|
|IBT||Dec 14, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||Dec 17, 2023|
MAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The criteria that the candidates must meet to be eligible for MAT 2023 are as follows.
- Candidates must be graduates of any discipline from a recognised university.
- Candidates in the final year of their graduate program are also eligible.
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Work experience is not necessary.
MAT 2023 Application Form
The application form of MAT 2023 is integral to the examination and admission process. The registration process is completely online. The following are the steps to be followed in regard to the MAT 2023 application form.
- Visit the official website.
- Candidates must register with their email and mobile number and verify the same to proceed further.
- With the given credentials, login to fill the MAT application form.
- Register with correct details and upload the required documents. The prescribed format of the documents to be submitted are given below.
|Photograph||Between 50 and 100 KB||Scanned copy of the colour photograph (not more than six months old) in JPEG/JPG format only|
|Signature||Between 10 and 40 KB||Scanned copy of signature (black/blue-ink pen only); JPEG/JPG format only|
- The application fee must be paid with any one of the given payment methods.
- Review the application form and submit.
MAT 2023 Application Fee
The application fee that needs to be paid tends to vary since the candidates of MAT 2023 are allowed to appear for 2 modes of the examination in a given session. The following are the fee details of MAT 2023.
|Mode of Exam||Amount (in INR)|
|Paper Based Test (PBT)||INR 1,650|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||INR 1,650|
|Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT)||INR 1,650|
|Both PBT & CBT exam||INR 2,750|
|2 IBT mode exam||INR 2,750|
MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The MAT 2023 is conducted through three modes - CBT, IBT and PBT and applicants are also allowed to appear for both PBT and CBT modes of one session. The following are the details of the MAT 2023 examination pattern.
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Nature of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Number of Answer Choices||4|
|Marks Awarded||(+1) for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||(-0.25) for each incorrect answer|
MAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the sections of MAT 2023 are given below for the reference and preparation of the aspirants.
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Data Tables,
- Data charts,
- Bar diagrams & Charts including Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts, Pie charts,
- Graphs - Line X-Y Graphs,
- Data Analysis
- Data Comparison
- Caselet based Data,
- Venn Diagram,
- Data Sufficiency.
Indian & Global Environment
- Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,
- Conventional GK-available in books,
- Current GK- based on the current reading of newspapers and periodicals,
- Devaluation and valuation of Rupee,
- Business, National and International events, etc.
- Interest (Simple and Compound),
- Time and Distance; Time and Work
- Number System
- Mixtures and Allegation,
- Unitary Method,
- Commercial Maths,
- Permutation and Combinations,
- Ratio and Proportion and others,
- Number System (3-4) questions,
- Elementary Mathematics, etc.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Fact Inference Judgement,
- Passage Conclusion,
- Statement Argument among others,
- Clocks, Calendars,
- Binary logic,
- Seating Arrangement,
- Blood Relations (Family Tree),
- Logical Sequence,
- Linear and matrix arrangement,
- Team Formation,
- Set Theory,
- Venn Diagrams,
- Direction sense
- Decision Making,
- Network Diagrams,
- Quantitative Reasoning,
- Logical Reasoning based on Rankings,
- Critical Reasoning
- Reading comprehension passages,
- Para jumbles,
- Sentence completion,
- Odd one out,
- Verbal ability, etc.
MAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for MAT 2023 applicants is released a few days prior to the examination dates on the official website. The candidates must download the admit card, print it and must be sure to carry the card to the exam centre. The candidates must remember that the admit card is mandatory to be allowed to write the exam.
Steps to Download the MAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of the conducting authority, AIMA.
- Click on ‘MAT 2023 Admit Card’.
- Login with the required credentials.
- Download the card and print out the same.
MAT 2023 Answer Key
The official authority will release the answer key of the MAT 2023 examination and candidates can check their probable scores with the help of the answer key. The answer key and solutions will also be released by several coaching institutes for the reference of candidates.
Steps to Download the MAT 2023 Answer Key
The following are the steps to be followed to download the answer key of MAT 2023.
- Visit the official website of the conducting authority AIMA.
- Click on ‘MAT 2023 Answer Key’.
- The answer key will appear and will be available for downloading.
The candidates must be sure to check the session the answer key is released for.
MAT 2023 Result
The results of the MAT 2023 examination conducted through the three modes will be released on the official website along with the MAT 2023 scorecards. The candidates can check their results and scorecards following the given steps.
- Visit the official website of AIMA.
- Click on ‘MAT 2023 Result’
- Login using the required credentials.
- MAT 2023 result and scorecard will be displayed.
- Download and print the same for further admission procedures.
MAT 2023 Cutoff
MAT 2023 cutoff is the minimum marks required for candidates to get admission to the participating institutions. Each institution will declare its cutoff requirements which when met by a candidate, will be eligible for admission to the management and business programs offered by the institution.
MAT 2023 Counselling
The MAT 2023 counselling process will be conducted by the participating institutions as the conducting authority, AIMA doesn’t hold a counselling process of its own. The process will begin after the announcement of MAT 2023 results. The candidates who meet the minimum cutoff requirements of a particular institute can enrol for its counselling process. The qualified candidates have to go through the rounds of group discussion and personal interview to secure their admission.
MAT 2023 Participating Institutions
Over 800 Management and Business Institutions accept MAT scores and offer admissions through it. Few of the top institutions that accept MAT scores are mentioned below.
- Amity University
- ABBS School of Management
- Dr. D.Y. Patil B School, Pune
- ITM University
- GL Bajaj Institute of Management & Research
- IILM University
- OP Jindal Global University
- SRM University
- Christ University
- Alliance University
- GITAM Institute of Management
- Jain University
- JIMS Rohini
Hope you got to know all the information regarding the MAT 2023 examination. All the best, aspirants!