Karnataka MBBS Registration 2021 can be done online and offline both. Candidates can apply for Karnataka MBBS admission online is based on NEET results to secure seats. Get to know more about Karnataka MBBS Registration through NEET Exam, KEA Registration for MBBS, and NEET merit list 2021
Candidates can apply for Karnataka MBBS admission online is based on NEET results to secure seats in Karnataka-based medical colleges. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will only be eligible to apply for Karnataka MBBS admission 2021. The aspirant must qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - NEET, conducted on 1st August 2021 by the NTA. In this article, we have discussed details about Karnataka MBBS registration 2021 including important dates, eligibility and application process, etc.
List of Topics
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Checklist
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Important Points
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions NTA Guidelines
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Eligibility
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Colleges
- Karnataka MBBS Application Process
- Karnataka MBBS Application Form Fees
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Documents Required
- Karnataka MBBS Selection Process
- Karnataka MBBS Counselling Process
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Reservation Policy
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Important Dates
- Karnataka MBBS Admissions Exam
- About MBBS
|KARNATAKA MBBS ADMISSION 2021 HIGHLIGHTS|
|Exam Conducting Body||The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Basis of Admission||Scores obtained in NEET 2021|
|Address||KEA, 18th Cross Road, Sampige Rd, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012|
|KEA Contact Details||080 2346 0460|
Karnataka MBBS Admission Checklist 2021
All candidates interested in the Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021 must ensure and double-check the following points to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklist to keep in mind:
- The candidates are allowed to submit only one application.
- The registration of the NEET examination is done online through the website only.
- The display of the confirmation page confirms that the application has been submitted successfully after fee payment.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Important Points 2021
During the time of the application, the following are some essential extra points and documents to be retained as proof for future use for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021
- The printouts of the Confirmation Page of the online application should be kept and saved.
- The proof of fee paid (i.e., Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page) also needs to be saved by the candidate.
- At least 4-6 copies of identical passport size are required, and 4-6 postcard size photos should be scanned and uploaded on the online application.
Karnataka MBBS Admission NTA Guidelines 2021
NEET 2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission in MBBS medical courses in approved Medical and other Colleges in Karnataka. Following are some of the guidelines laid out by the NTA:
- The candidates must ensure that mobile numbers, email IDs filled in the online application form are accurate. The NTA will communicate by SMS or email on a given number and email ID, respectively.
- The NTA will not be held responsible for any non-receipt of the latest information due to incorrect number, email ID, and address filled in the Online Application Form.
- The allotment of the Centre is made automatically by computers, and there is no human intervention. The NTA will not change the allotted centers.
- The candidates should check the NTA website for the latest updates regularly.
- The NTA will communicate all the instructions through the website only.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
The following are the eligibility requirements to be fulfilled by students to qualify for an MBBS admission:
- Criteria for admission are based on Indian citizenship except for NRI fixed quota seats and age criteria of a minimum of 17 years.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th board examination from any recognized board in science subjects with English being one issue.
- Candidates seeking admission in Karnataka MBBS Admission are required to secure a minimum of 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. SC and ST students residing in Karnataka have a minimum requirement of 40% in the subjects above.
- All the students will be eligible to participate in Karnataka seat allocation with a compulsory NEET score cut-off 2021 set by the CBSE.
- Candidates should possess a residency proof of the state to attain domicile criteria, termed a unique clause. The following are the documents required as proof:
- Candidates must have studied from a Karnataka-based institute recognized by the state government for a minimum of 7 years of their education.
- Students must have passed 10th and 12th grade from a state-recognized university, and their parents must have studied in Karnataka state for a minimum of 7 years.
- Aspirants who have passed class 12 outside of Karnataka can also prove domicile if their parents in Karnataka are domicile holders.
- The candidates or their parents must have Kannada, Tulu, or Kovada as their mother tongue and have to appear and pass the KEA language test.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Colleges 2021
Here are a few of the renowned colleges to be considered for an MBBS degree in Karnataka:
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- St John's Medical College, Bangalore
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Udupi
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum
- Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore
- Mysore Medical College, Mysore
- JJM Medical College, Davanagere
Karnataka MBBS Admission Application Process 2021
- Students participating are required to fill in the MBBS/BDS 2021 application form online released by KEA, Bangalore. Only those candidates who have completed this step will be eligible for the choice filling and counseling process.
- Application fees will be submitted by bank challan, which is to be presented during bank hours.
- Now, the students will be required to undergo the training class, which is conducted to guide the student about the admission process stages.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions Application Form Fees 2021
The fee difference varies according to the category of the students. The following are the fee amount to be paid during the admission process:
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs. 500|
|NRI/OCI/PIO candidates||RS. 2,000|
Karnataka MBBS Admission Documents Required 2021
To participate in the admission procedure, students must present the following documents:
- Candidates must print their application of the Karnataka MBBS Form submitted during the admission process.
- NEET UG exam Admit Card should be submitted.
- Bank Challan copy for Karnataka MBBS application for fees as a proof of payment should also be submitted.
- Documents related to Secondary School Certificates along with mark sheets of Class 12 or 2nd PUC should also be submitted.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the candidate should also be attached.
- Lastly, an attested study certificate by Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI) or Block Education Officer should also be presented.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Selection Process 2021
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) Bangalore releases the MBBS 2021 merit list on their website with the successfully registered candidates' names. The seats are allocated according to the NEET 2021 scores. The seat allotment will depend on the choices filled by the students and based on seats available in different centers.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Counselling 2021
The KEA will conduct the counseling for Karnataka MBBS admissions 2021 and a mock seat allocation round so that students get familiar with the options to be used and the choices that will be given to them. Candidates will be allowed to make any changes in their choices after the mock seat allotment round. After the counseling rounds, if seats remain vacant, further MBBS mop-up rounds are organized. Candidates are provided with a security key after document verification is completed. With this security key, the candidates can log in to their portal and participate in the counseling round of Karnataka MBBS admission. The candidates will be required to make their choices as per their NEET rank and category for Karnataka MBBS 2021 admission.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Reservation Policy 2021
Candidates who do not have a domicile and are from outside Karnataka, are not eligible for the reservations. If they have scored the qualifying cut-off in the NEET examination 2021 (50th Percentile), only then they are eligible for Karnataka MBBS admission. The SC/ST/OBC criteria apply to the candidates in Karnataka only.
Karnataka MBBS Admission- NEET Counseling Important Dates 2021
For Karnataka MBBS counseling 2021, the rounds are divided into 3 parts, including one mop-up round. The tentative dates are as follows:
|NEET 2021||1st August 2021|
|NEET result||September 2021|
|Karnataka MBBS registration starts||September 2021|
Karnataka MBBS Registration 2021 Cut Off
The candidates to be eligible for applying to Karnataka MBBS Admission must have passed their XII board examination in Science with English as one of the subjects. The general category students should secure a minimum of 50% in aggregate score in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. However, the SC and ST Karnataka residents should secure a minimum of 40% in said subjects. Candidates can then participate in the Karnataka Seat Allocation only if they have been qualified CBSE set NEET cut-off 2021. Given below are the released 2020 NEET-UG cut-off for MBBS/BDS:
- Minimum qualifying NEET Cut off percentile 2021 is 50th for General category students that is 720-147 cutoff scores.
- The qualifying percentile for NEET 2021 is 45th for General-PH category students that is 146-129 cutoff scores.
- Cut-offs for ST/SC/OBC categories is 40th and the score ranges from 146-113
- For SC/ST/OBC-PH category students the cut-off percentile is 40 and the scores range from 128 to 113.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions Exam 2021
NEET is an entrance examination for students who want to study UG and PG medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in many governments or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India. The cutoff of the exams is based on the category of students. The open category student must secure at least 50 percentile marks in NEET 2021. Candidates belonging to the constitutional reservation or with a disability claim must secure at least 40 percentile. Any candidate with a disability in the General category must secure a minimum of 45 percentile marks in NEET 2021.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, commonly known as MBBS, is the first step for someone dedicated to taking an oath as a doctor. It is a professional Undergraduate degree leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which allows you to become a certified medical practitioner. The MBBS can be completed in a total of 5.5 years, including 4.5 years of academic education and one year of mandatory internship. The primary subjects include biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, anatomy, pharmacology, and pathology. Career specializations include Gynecology, Anesthesiology, Organ Transplant, Nephrology, Cardiology, Endocrine, and General Surgery, etc.