CMAT 2023 is conducted for admission into management courses. Candidates must fill up the application form, pay the fees, and appear for the exam to get a seat in top colleges.
CMAT 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates willing to obtain MBA/PGDM admissions in one of the 1000 business schools across India. It is a 3-hour online exam that consists of five sections. CMAT 2023 was conducted on 4th May 2023 and CMAT results were announced on 31st May 2023.
Table of Contents
- CMAT 2023 Key Highlights
- CMAT 2023 Exam Dates
- CMAT Application Form 2023
- CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- CMAT Syllabus 2023
- CMAT 2023 Exam Centres and Cities
- CMAT Admit Card 2023
- CMAT Paper Analysis 2023
CMAT 2023 Key Highlights
CMAT was administered by AICTE in the past; however, the National Testing Agency (NTA) took over the responsibility to conduct the exam after 2018. Tabulated below are the key highlights of CMAT 2023:
|Name of Exam||CMAT|
|Full Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
CMAT 2023 Exam Dates
It is essential for aspirants to stay updated with all the important dates related to the CMAT 2023 exam so that they can complete all the formalities within the specified time. In the table below, aspirants can find the exam schedule for CMAT 2023:
|Release of online application form||
13th Feb 2023
|Last date to submit the application form||13th March 2023 (Till 5 PM)|
|Availability of Application Correction Window||14th to 16th March 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||1st May, 2023|
|CMAT 2023 Exam Date||4th May, 2023|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||13th May 2023|
|Results Declaration||31st May 2023|
|Result Link||Click Here|
|Counselling Process begins||Jun 2023|
Read More: CMAT 2022 Exam Dates
CMAT Application Form 2023
Registrations for CMAT 2023 was released on February 13, 2023. The applicants had to make sure to submit their application forms within the deadline. The complete application process and other details associated with CMAT registration 2023 are discussed in the following sections.
How to Apply for CMAT 2023?
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam before applying for CMAT 2023. After confirming that they meet the requirements, they can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for CMAT 2023:
- Step 1: Visit the official website: cmat.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Register yourself by creating a CMAT account.
- Step 3: Log in to your account using the user ID and password and fill out the application form by entering the required details.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned documents like identification proof, category certificate, and other educational documents.
- Step 5: Pay the registration fee via debit card/credit card/ net banking.
- Step 6: Cross-check all the details that you have filled in the application form and then click on submit.
- Step 7: Take the printout of the payment receipt as well as the application form for future purposes.
Documents Checklist for the CMAT 2023 Application Process
Applicants will be required to upload certain documents while filling out the application forms. For the convenience of applicants, we have provided the complete list of documents required during the CMAT 2023 application process:
- ID proof
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Card information
- Caste category certificate
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 12th Certificate
- Additional academic documents (optional)
Registration Fee for CMAT 2023
All candidates are required to pay a registration fee to apply for CMAT 2023. This fee is non-refundable and varies for different categories of students. The fee can be paid by utilising one of the online payment modes like net banking, debit card, credit card, UPI, or Paytm. Tabulated below are the category-wise registration fee details for CMAT 2023:
|General||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 1,000|
|Gen-EWS/ST/ SC/OBC/PwD||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 1,000|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
The authorities have specified the following eligibility prerequisites that candidates must fulfil to apply for CMAT 2023:
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation can also apply. However, they will have to provide the passing certificate during the time of admission.
- Students belonging to the general category must have secured at least 50% marks, and ST/SC category candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Students willing to pursue an executive MBA/PGDM must have atleast 2 years of work experience.
The authorities have not set any age limit to appear for CMAT 2023. Applicants of all ages with the necessary qualifications are eligible to apply.
Read More: CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CMAT 2023 provides a clear understanding of the type of questions, marking scheme, and several other aspects associated with the CMAT 2023 exam. Learn more about the CMAT 2023 exam pattern through the pointers given below:
- The exam will take place online as a computer-based test.
- The question paper will consist of 100 questions, equally divided into five sections.
- The candidate will secure 4 marks for every correct response. Moreover, 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
- The candidates will be allotted 3 hours to solve the question paper.
- The language of the CMAT 2023 question paper will be English.
Key Changes Introduced in CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT exam pattern was revised by NTA in 2022. Here are some of the major changes introduced in CMAT 2022:
- Earlier, there were only 4 sections in the CMAT exam. A fifth section called, Innovation & Entrepreneurship was introduced in 2021. It was optional to attempt this section in 2021; however, it has been made compulsory from 2022 onwards.
- Every section now consists of 20 MCQs instead of 25. Therefore, there are 100 questions in total.
- CMAT scores will be calculated based on scores obtained in all sections.
CMAT Syllabus 2023
NTA, the authority responsible for organising CMAT, does not release the CMAT syllabus officially. The candidates are required to analyse the past year's question papers minutely to know the important topics.
The question paper comprises questions from 5 subjects: Quantitative aptitude and data interpretation, language comprehension, general awareness, logical reasoning, innovation & entrepreneurship. Tabulated below are the topics/questions that have been asked repeatedly in the CMAT exam:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arithmetic, Algebra, Data Interpretation, Number Systems, Problem-Solving, Geometry, Data Sufficiency, Modern Mathematics|
|Language Skills||Reading comprehension, Vocabulary, Fill in blanks, Idioms, Language usage and their rules, Synonyms and Antonyms, Syntax & correct grammar.|
|General Awareness||History, Sports, Social Developments, Economics, Books & Authors, National and international current affairs, Personalities, Politics, Entertainment, Personalities in News|
|Logical Reasoning||Arrangement, Family tree, Coding, Numeric Grid, and Series|
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship||Government policies & practices, comprehension passage, questions related to the launch of new business ventures, business and economy-related terminologies|
CMAT 2023 Exam Centres and Cities
The CMAT 2023 exam will be conducted online in 124 cities across India in one shift from 3 pm to 6 pm. Aspirants can select up to 4 locations as their preferred exam cities for taking CMAT 2023. Candidates will get the option of choosing their preferred test city while filling out the CMAT application form.
CMAT Admit Card 2023
NTA will release the admit card for CMAT 2023 on its official website. Registered candidates will be able to download their hall tickets tentatively in the first week of January 2023. It is mandatory for candidates to carry their CMAT hall ticket to the exam centre. Here is the step-by-step process to download the CMAT 2023 admit card:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of NTA.
- Step 2: On the homepage, click on 'Download CMAT 2023 Admit Card'
- Step 3: Enter the credentials, application number and DOB/password to log in.
- Step 4: Your CMAT 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen. Download it in PDF format and takes its printout for future reference.
CMAT Paper Analysis 2023
The paper analysis of CMAT 2023 will be updated here on the day of the examination. Candidates can go through the CMAT 2022 paper analysis provided below.
The difficulty level of the CMAT 2022 exam was easy to moderate. The CMAT 2022 question paper had 5 sections with 20 questions each. The logical reasoning and English sections were easy, whereas the candidates found the GK section difficult. At the same time, the quantitative techniques section was considered moderately tough and the fifth section, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, was easy.