Counselling is known as the process of seat allocation in any college for various courses through that entrance test. The process also checks the validity of candidate documents and eligibility to select a seat. In this section, we will discuss the counselling process of NEST 2021 Exam.
Dates of NEST 2021 results will be announced soon as well. Cut off for the exam will be released just after the results. Candidates qualifying the NEST 2021 exam will then be called for the counselling round where candidates will be allotted to their respective courses and colleges by the process set up by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS.
NEST 2021 Counselling Procedure
Candidates need to register themselves on the online portal of counselling round in the official website. Candidates need to visit the counselling venue at the specified date and time allocated to them. A candidate qualifying the written exam has to attend counselling rounds at NISER and UM-DAE CEBS separately.
A merit list will be uploaded on the official website. Based on the merit list, candidates will be allotted a venue and timing of the counselling. Attendance for all the candidates present at the NEST Counselling 2021 venues will be taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CEBS, a modified merit list will be prepared. Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the basis of modified merit list and not the original merit list.
After the first round of NEST counselling, participated institutes prepares a list of the waitlisted students which get uploaded on the official website. Admission of the candidates whose names are present on the waiting list is done in the second round of NEST counselling.
Documents Required at the Counselling Rounds
- Original mark sheet of class X board examination along with 1 photocopy.
- Original mark sheet of class XII board examination along with 1 photocopy.
- 1 Photocopy along with the original Birth certificate/SLC as proof of Date of Birth.
- Caste certificate - original with a photocopy (if applicable).
- Original and a photocopy of OBC certificate (if applicable).
- Photocopy along with the original disability certificate (for physically disabled candidates).
- Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India + 1 photocopy.
- 2 copies of recent Passport size photographs.
- Demand draft (DD) in favour of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favour of CEBS, payable at Mumbai, depending on where the candidates are appearing for counselling.