Get to know all the necessary information on Executive MBA programs for working professionals in India along with its eligibility criteria, specializations and syllabus.
Executive MBA for working professionals in India is a postgraduate-level business degree that helps the working professionals upskill and progress in their careers, while impacting the growth of the organization. Its curriculum is best suited to strengthen the careers of professionals across all fields of work.
It is even safe to say that Full-time One-year MBA, Executive MBA, and Online MBA programmes have edged out the traditional Full-time Two-year MBA programme in terms of application growth worldwide according to a recent survey.
Table of Contents
- Executive MBA Programs for Working Professionals in India
- Why Executive MBA for Working Professionals?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams
- Top Colleges
Executive MBA Programs for Working Professionals in India
Having gained popularity among working professionals in India, Executive MBA has proven to enhance the career prospects of candidates. The course period is shorter than a full-time MBA but still offers most of the latter's benefits, which is an added advantage.
We have compiled below the top B-schools offering Executive MBA (EMBA) programs in India. We have also tabulated the qualifying exam and work experience requirements.
|Programme||Total Fees (INR)||Work Experience Required|
|Post Graduate Program for Executives||30 lakh||Minimum 4-year full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Professionals||39.63 lakh||5-12 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management||23 lakh||4-12 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Programme for Executives||31 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Fellow Programme in Management||21.70 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Working Manager’s Programme||23.5 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience|
|International Programme in Management for Executives||24.50 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management||21.12 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Executive Management Programme||13.23 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Executive Program inManagement||10.25 lakh + 18% GST||Minimum 8 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programmes||9.73 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive)||15 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management||12 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full time work experience|
|Executive MBA in Business Management||15.20 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive)||9.5 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive MBA in Global Supply Chain Management||21 lakh||Minimum 2.5 years of full-time work experience|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executive||9.7 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|PGDM Executive||5.70 lakh||Minimum 5 years of full time work experience|
|MBA Executive||6.70 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme||13 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme||7.50 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive MBA||36 lakh||Minimum 7 years of full-time work experience|
|MBA Executive Programme||50,000||Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management||7.99 lakh||Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Diploma||4.45 lakh||Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience|
Why Executive MBA for Working Professionals?
Executive MBA for working professionals provide the required skills, knowledge, and experience to advance their careers. The below factors prove why executive MBA for working professionals are ideal.
- Improve Career Possibilities - An Executive MBA may boost employment prospects by giving stronger management skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Networking - Networking with people from diverse fields in Executive MBA programs might lead to new business or career prospects.
- Flexibility - Executive MBA programs enable professionals to work while learning.
- Real-world Usage - Students in Executive MBA programs are taught to apply the concepts they learn in the course to real-life scenarios.
- Leadership Qualities - Executive MBA programs provide leadership skills to lead teams and companies.
- Better Benefits and Pay - Graduates with an Executive MBA often get better pay and have more access to perks and bonuses.
- Worldwide Exposure - Global exposure and experience are common in Executive MBA programs.
- Innovation - Executive MBA programs stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship, training graduates for new business prospects.
- Personal Growth - Executive MBA programs help students develop self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and social skills.
- Continuous Learning - Lifelong learning with an Executive MBA enables professionals to keep up with market trends.
|Executive MBA Course Details|
Eligibility Criteria for Executive MBA for Working Professionals
The candidates who wish to sign up for the Executive MBA degree must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for admission.
- Candidates must have qualified for their bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- When applying, the candidates' age must be 27 years or above.
- Candidates should have professional experience of 2 - 5 years
- Candidates must have qualified for the respective entrance examination accepted by the institution they’re applying to.
Entrance Exams for Executive MBA for Working Professionals
Executive MBA programs often prefer applicants with job experience, and several programs also demand entrance exams to evaluate their suitability and aptitude for the program. The following are some popular entrance exams for Executive MBA programs:
- WMP Entrance Test
- MDI test
- IMI Admission Test
- LBSIM Test
- IIM-R MAT
- FMS exam
|GMAT Exam Pattern||CAT Exam Pattern|
|XAT Exam Pattern||GATE Exam Pattern|
Specialisations in Executive MBA for Working Professionals
Candidates from different fields of work enrol for Executive MBA. Like a regular MBA, Executive MBA also offers specialisations for the candidates to choose from. A few popular Executive MBA specialisations are given below.
- Infrastructure Development
- Hospitality Management
- General Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Hospital/Healthcare management
Syllabus For Executive MBA for Working Professionals
The students of EMBA bring expertise and professional experience to the curriculum from their respective lines of work. The syllabus of EMBA, which consists of core and elective papers, is as follows.
Syllabus of Executive MBA
|Corporate Finance||Corporate Governance & Ethics|
|Managerial Economics||Business Law|
|Decision Sciences||Entrepreneurial Management|
|Corporate Finance||Managing People & Performance in Organizations|
|Macroeconomics||Competition and Strategy|
|Designing Organizations||Marketing Management|
|Operations Management||Financial Reporting and Analysis|
Elective Courses of Executive MBA
|Corporate Strategy and Policy||Economics and Social Sciences|
|Entrepreneurial Learning||Decision Sciences and Information systems|
|Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Management||Finance and Accounting|
|Production and Operations Management||Marketing|
Read More: Executive MBA Syllabus and Subjects
Top Colleges for Executive MBA for Working Professionals
Executive MBA Programs make it possible to acquire an MBA without interrupting one's profession. Top B-schools demand some job experience and offer programs targeted to senior-level professionals. Popular colleges for executive MBA for working professionals in India are:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Indore
- MDI Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management
- Indian School of Business
- Great Lakes Institute
- FMS, Delhi
- IIFT, Delhi
- IIT Bombay, SJMSOM
- IMT Ghaziabad
- IMI, Delhi
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
POST YOUR COMMENT